Breaking: Senile Nancy Pelosi Gives Press Conference Thinking Rep. Scalise Is Dead (VIDEO)

He had a black daughter.. his first child. Odd, since he opposed Civil Rights.
He was a Democrat then. That was before they became impotent snowflakes.
Thanks, I've been saying that Conservative Democrats became Republican after the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Most cons have disagreed with me.
Trent Lott Lott had saluted the South Carolina senator with comments later interpreted as support for southern segregationist policies.
Problem is the facts are not on your side. Only a few, like today, switched parties. The Dems shrank and the Repubs grew. "Later interpreted" by whom?

Thanks, I've been saying that Conservative Democrats became Republican after the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Most cons have disagreed with me.
Trent Lott Lott had saluted the South Carolina senator with comments later interpreted as support for southern segregationist policies.
Problem is the facts are not on your side. Only a few, like today, switched parties. The Dems shrank and the Repubs grew. "Later interpreted" by whom?
Te senate did .. Lott had to step down as senate leader for those remarks.

^^
Lott then made a round of public appearances, apologizing for his gaffe. He called his remarks "insensitive" and said he regretted "reopening old wounds and hurting so many Americans." He also apologized on Black Entertainment Television and promised to use his position to help push through initiatives that would benefit minorities.

Trent Lott announces his resignation

The worse possible interpretation you mean.

"Speaking Thursday at a 100th birthday party and retirement celebration for Thurmond, the retiring Republican senator from South Carolina, Lott said, "I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either. "

Doubt he meant it the worse way but he was no hero of mine.

"Speaking Thursday at a 100th birthday party and retirement celebration for Thurmond, the retiring Republican senator from South Carolina, Lott said, "I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either. "
Yes, he said if they had voted for Thurmond for president they would't have had so many problems, as in integration.

Yes, he said if they had voted for Thurmond for president they would't have had so many problems, as in integration.
...'as in' is the part you made up.

...'as in' is the part you made up.
Why did the senate ask him to resign as leader?

Lott resigns as US senate majority leader
The US senate majority leader, Trent Lott, bowed to the politically inevitable today and resigned his post as US senate majority leader, two weeks after praising the segregationist 1948 presidential campaign of Strom Thurmond.

Republicans, Democrats and many media outlets have been calling for Mr Lott's head since his comments at a 100th birthday party for Mr Thurmond. Yesterday the country's most prominent black Republican, Colin Powell, went on record as "deploring the sentiments" expressed by Mr Lott at the now infamous party. The president's brother, Florida governor Jeb Bush, also signalled that he though Mr Lott should step down.
Lott resigns as US senate majority leader
Mr Lott released a written statement today saying: "In the interest of pursuing the best possible agenda for the future of our country, I will not seek to remain as majority leader of the United States Senate for the 108th Congress, effective January 6 2003. To all those who offered me their friendship, support and prayers, I will be eternally grateful. I will continue to serve the people of Mississippi in the United States Senate."

Mr Lott released a written statement today saying: "In the interest of pursuing the best possible agenda for the future of our country, I will not seek to remain as majority leader of the United States Senate for the 108th Congress, effective January 6 2003. To all those who offered me their friendship, support and prayers, I will be eternally grateful. I will continue to serve the people of Mississippi in the United States Senate."

The nub of the controversy was his comment that "we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years" if Mr Thurmond, who ran a campaign to keep blacks out of white schools and neighbourhoods, had won the presidency in 1948. Mainstream media did not immediately pick up the story, but after a number of weblogs publicised the comments and explained their significance, a backlash built up against Mr Lott's leadership.

Last edited:
Just happened. She and John McCain need to resign. They are not coherent and fit to serve, like Hillary.

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06/senile-pelosi-nearly-says-heartbroken-death-scalise-video/

No doubt Mr. Scalise was killed by one of the 93 million gun violence victims that Terry McAlliffe spoke of as well? Look at it this way, these are just outer cracks in the walls of the Dems as their party lists to the side right before the total collapse of a once great institution responsible for everything from Barack Obama The Apologist and Hillary Clinton the Hard Drive Wiper, to Slick Willie The Impeached, blow jobs in the White House, renting out the Lincoln Bedroom for private donations, to the KKK, slavery in the south, and the Civil War. Way to go Democrats. Over 200 years of remarkable consistency.

Just happened. She and John McCain need to resign. They are not coherent and fit to serve, like Hillary.

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06/senile-pelosi-nearly-says-heartbroken-death-scalise-video/

No doubt Mr. Scalise was killed by one of the 93 million gun violence victims that Terry McAlliffe spoke of as well? Look at it this way, these are just outer cracks in the walls of the Dems as their party lists to the side right before the total collapse of a once great institution responsible for everything from Barack Obama The Apologist and Hillary Clinton the Hard Drive Wiper, to Slick Willie The Impeached, blow jobs in the White House, renting out the Lincoln Bedroom for private donations, to the KKK, slavery in the south, and the Civil War. Way to go Democrats. Over 200 years of remarkable consistency.
if anyone has died. yet kept alive via a few DDDD batteries,,its Nancy Pelosi

Forum List

Back