BREAKING: Twitter Engineers To "Ban a Way of Talking" Through "Shadow Banning"

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
What is shadow banning? Basically, it's a filter. You interact with the website, but only you and your friends see it. No one else does. Effectively, Twitter has banned you. They simply haven't told you about it. This is just one tactic that they use. Twitter also has advanced algorithms that block certain content. Normally, this isn't an issue. It's what they block that matters. Recently, it's anything pro Trump. Don't believe me? Listen to what people who actually work for Twitter have to say about it.

What is shadow banning? Basically, it's a filter. You interact with the website, but only you and your friends see it. No one else does. Effectively, Twitter has banned you. They simply haven't told you about it. This is just one tactic that they use. Twitter also has advanced algorithms that block certain content. Normally, this isn't an issue. It's what they block that matters. Recently, it's anything pro Trump. Don't believe me? Listen to what people who actually work for Twitter have to say about it.

Guess what --- there are message boards that do the same thing. To keep you quiet they shunt you off into a parallel-universe message board that looks just like the real one except you soon notice it's populated entirely by the banned and rants against moderators who banned them. Other than that content you'd never know it was an alternate site.

Speaking of which there's something you should know........................................................wait, I've said too much already.

Personally I think the best thing Tweeter could do is ban everybody from posting at all, ever.

Forum List

Back