Breyer resigning, Biden to nominate USSC justice. (Poll)

Will Joe Biden's first pick for USSC justice be approved by the Senate?

• Yes

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters
There's also a black man on the Court. But what does that have to do with Biden being a racist?
Ask the person who said Biden is a racist. Clarence Thomas has brown skin but he has consistently taken anti black positions. That's why you like him.

No, we're not the racists. Most of us believe there are qualified people who are black and don't believe at all that black people can only get on the Court, or any other position of success, only for their skin color.
You are a racist because you have ignored 245 years of whites getting on the Court, or any other position of success, only because of their skin color.

I'm assuming that Biden will jump at the opportunity to appoint someone based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Additionally, he's more likely to pick a female judge, again, in the interest of social justice rather than qualification.

In other words, a black female by default, for no other reason than the optics of it.

Would the group tend to agree with me about that?

Are you angry he's due to pick a black woman??

This Justice pick will do nothing to change the make up of the court so it really doesn't matter that much.

It's just a swap of one liberal for another

I'm assuming that Biden will jump at the opportunity to appoint someone based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Additionally, he's more likely to pick a female judge, again, in the interest of social justice rather than qualification.

In other words, a black female by default, for no other reason than the optics of it.

Would the group tend to agree with me about that?

As President ... President Biden has every opportunity to select the nominee.

I voted "yes" in the poll because there is no need for the GOP to waste political capital on simple garbage.
It's Justice Breyer being replaced, and who the President picks won't necessarily change the make-up of the court.

The only comment I would have about his open desire to specifically state he is only looking for an African American woman to fill the spot ...
Is something that would get him sued for a violation of the EEOA if he was running a business.

Speaks volumes towards what Progressives think about the Constitution, or the protections in it, to start with.

Ask the person who said Biden is a racist. Clarence Thomas has brown skin but he has consistently taken anti black positions. That's why you like him.
And that is why you hate him.

Well if this don't beat all.Guess whose on Biden's
Black Female ONLY Scotus list.It's Stacey Abrams
sister.
Leslie Abrams Gardner
Who was appointed in 2014 by Obama to
United States District Court for the Middle
District of Georgia.

sister.
Leslie Abrams Gardner
District of Georgia.

That's the candy for the Press and the Political Pundits to drool over.
This is from ABC News:

"Early discussions about a successor are focusing on U.S. Circuit Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, U.S. District Judge J. Michelle Childs and California Supreme Court Justice Leondra Kruger, according to four people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss White House deliberations. Jackson and Kruger have long been seen as possible nominees."

sister.
Leslie Abrams Gardner
District of Georgia.
Keep in mind during her 2014 Nomination was
reported Out of Committee by a Voice vote.
Then Harry Reid { Senate Majority Leader } filed for
cloture on her nomination.
Begging the question.What does this Woman stand for.
Why was she given { awarded } preferential treatment
regarding her 2014 Nomination.

That's the candy for the Press and the Political Pundits to drool over.
This is from ABC News:

"Early discussions about a successor are focusing on U.S. Circuit Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, U.S. District Judge J. Michelle Childs and California Supreme Court Justice Leondra Kruger, according to four people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss White House deliberations. Jackson and Kruger have long been seen as possible nominees."

I don't Tink so_Obama named her and Reid bent over
backwards so she wouldn't get researched too closely.

I don't Tink so_Obama named her and Reid bent over
backwards so she wouldn't get researched too closely.

It doesn't really matter ... The only reason US District Judge Leslie Abrams Gardner's name was thrown into the wash as a possible pick ...
Is because she is Stacy Abrams' sister ... And Stacy Abrams is simply best known for not getting elected as Governor of Georgia.

Seriously people ... Think for yourselves,
and don't run around following the bouncing ball the Press, Progressives or Establishment GOP throw out for you to fetch.

Last edited:

As President ... President Biden has every opportunity to select the nominee.

I voted "yes" in the poll because there is no need for the GOP to waste political capital on simple garbage.

I didn't create the poll.

Nor did I start the thread.

Nor is the thread title in any way my words.

For some stupid reason, completely irrelevant topical content in one thread often gets carelessly lumped together with other topical content in a different thread.

Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of the level of give a crap of our overlords and their interest or abilty to reason and differentiate between varying topical content and to place it into proper, separate perspective.

Last edited:
No, we're not the racists. Most of us believe there are qualified people who are black and don't believe at all that black people can only get on the Court, or any other position of success, only for their skin color.
Your opinion is totally biased and not with any significance, let alone facts, that the President Biden is a racist. Your hidden agenda is clear, your comment, "Most of us believe there are qualified people who are black" is in the field of trump's racism in his statements:

Donald Trump kicked off his presidential bid more than a year ago with harsh words for Mexico. “They are not our friend, believe me,” he said, before disparaging Mexican immigrants: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

In the months since, he has repeatedly promised to build a wall along the Mexican border and get Mexico to pay for it. He is now scheduled to meet with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto on Wednesday, hours before a speech that will aim to clarify his position on immigration, which appeared to soften in remarks he made last week.

I didn't create the poll.

Nor did I start the thread.

Nor is the thread title in any way my words.

For some stupid reason, completyely irrelevant topical content in one thread often gets carelessly lumped together with other topical content in a different thread.

Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of the level of give a crap of our overlords and their interest or abilty to reason and differentiate between varying topical contentand to place into proper, separate perspective.

That's cool and I can say that I chose to answer in this thread
because it wasn't the same as a bunch of other threads at the moment.

And ... Because I thought it would be necessary to discuss how foolish it would be for the GOP to skip off down the "Rabbit Hole".
Nothing much will change in any case ... The Press and Pundits would have a heyday, but to one result.
If they can get the GOP to go "full-bore obstructionist" prior to the 2022 elections, it will only help the Progressives with their base.

The GOP wants their base to think they are fighting for them, but to what ends?
The GOP Establishment players have stayed in power as long as they have, by simply doing nothing.

This Justice pick will do nothing to change the make up of the court so it really doesn't matter that much.

It's just a swap of one liberal for another
Sadly this is true. The far right, anti democratic elitists have an agenda that began decades ago, using the current wedge issues to promulgate their main goal chipping away when abortions were made legal, albeit with some restrictions.

At the same time they began to pack both the Courts and School Boards: The former aided by the Federalist Society to dominate conservatives and pack the Federal Courts; Local Republican leaders in cities and towns working to pack the School Boards to allow praying in the Public Schools.

What some may wonder, and what is the main goal of the Republican Party. It was to work to be in the Majority in the Senate, the H. of Rep., The Supreme Court and the White House.

What would be if the elite minority had this legal ability? Long term poverty, a greater income inequality and more protests in the streets.

Forum List

Back