Browns got hosed on Xmas Day

It doesn't matter what I think happened. The officials didn't call it. Happens.
Mayfield makes bad decisions. And it ultimately cost the Browns the game.

I don't revel in any team getting screwed...except for the Steelers, Ravens, and Cowboys.
The Browns are just a hapless mess led by a bunch stat nerds trying to introduce analytics into football.

It's not a generality. Whining about a non call..is just whining. They lost. And Mayfield was the chief reason.
Again, none of your content addresses the play I'm talking about. If you want to explain how the grabbing and holding of the player isn't pass interference, be my guest.

Nobody is depending on anything, but in close games, ref calls can easily trump player effort and skill.

The refs F over teams many times every year. This was just one of those times. Stop stroking the refs and just admit they hosed us.
Had the Browns played well and that happened you’d have my sympathy. That didn’t happen so…

Cleveland has to,lose somehow

Always

Had the Browns played well and that happened you’d have my sympathy. That didn’t happen so…
The Browns played pretty good actually... running game top notch, Defense only gave up 24 points to Aaron Rodgers... I don't get where we went wrong besides some costly turnovers which we still overcame and were driving at the end of the game with momentum.

This whole "Because the QB threw earlier INT's, that means the pass interference rules mythically change" argument is just not making sense to me.

Again, none of your content addresses the play I'm talking about. If you want to explain how the grabbing and holding of the player isn't pass interference, be my guest.
Which means exactly nothing. Since I'm not an NFL referee, or someone sitting in the booth reviewing the play..or in NY with the final say. I don't even have a red flag. :)

So, the question you should be asking yourself is...why did the Browns lose the game?

My money's on Pittsburgh. In fact, I'm rooting for them to make the wild card. They would play my Patriots. :)
I highly doubt Pittsburgh makes the playoffs I don’t think they control their own destiny in that regard. Even if they do there zero chance the Pats are the 2 seed. Bills play Jets and Atlanta they will win those games and the divisio. The Pats have a hot Miami team trying to make the playoffs the last game of the season.

The Browns played pretty good actually... running game top notch, Defense only gave up 24 points to Aaron Rodgers... I don't get where we went wrong besides some costly turnovers which we still overcame and were driving at the end of the game with momentum.

This whole "Because the QB threw earlier INT's, that means the pass interference rules mythically change" argument is just not making sense to me.
Four interceptions by your quarterback.
“Uncharacteristic, and I hurt this team". At least he took responsibility for it. He makes terrible decisions under pressure.

Which means exactly nothing. Since I'm not an NFL referee, or someone sitting in the booth reviewing the play..or in NY with the final say. I don't even have a red flag. :)

So, the question you should be asking yourself is...why did the Browns lose the game?
Again, this just funnels back to alieviating the refs from any accountability, which I certainly won't do. You're free to do so, but let me just say, if you're team got hosed by an objectively bad call, I'd just say it was a bad call, and not try to lecture someone on how they have to internalize this and generalize that.. you're like a grandpa 101 class instructor. Hey, Refs mess things up in close games, it happens, doesn't it?

Four interceptions by your quarterback.
“Uncharacteristic, and I hurt this team". At least he took responsibility for it. He makes terrible decisions under pressure.

I would expect a QB to say that... it's a cliche leadership mantra for team morale.

I'm not the QB, so I can be a little more flexible.

And through all of this, you still.. STILL.. have not even addressed the play I'm talking about. Are you trolling on purpose?

I highly doubt Pittsburgh makes the playoffs I don’t think they control their own destiny in that regard. Even if they do there zero chance the Pats are the 2 seed. Bills play Jets and Atlanta they will win those games and the divisio. The Pats have a hot Miami team trying to make the playoffs the last game of the season.
The Pats right now are at least #4, maybe less depending on how they finish over the next two games. They came off the bye and haven't looked like the team that reeled off seven straight. The Pats always struggle against Miami in South Florida in December. Nothing is assured. I'm betting on playing Wild Card weekend.

It doesn’t negate it. Just makes people less sympathetic to your plight. Baker threw 3 picks. Sorry dude

I would expect a QB to say that... it's a cliche leadership mantra for team morale.

I'm not the QB, so I can be a little more flexible.

And through all of this, you still.. STILL.. have not even addressed the play I'm talking about. Are you trolling on purpose?
They didn't call a penalty. What would you like me to say? It doesn't matter. The Browns lost. Because their quarterback makes crappy decisions.
If you keep this braying up, you're just whining.

Again, this just funnels back to alieviating the refs from any accountability, which I certainly won't do. You're free to do so, but let me just say, if you're team got hosed by an objectively bad call, I'd just say it was a bad call, and not try to lecture someone on how they have to internalize this and generalize that.. you're like a grandpa 101 class instructor. Hey, Refs mess things up in close games, it happens, doesn't it?
But they don't reverse calls after the fact and give games back to your home town team that you think deserves it.
Mayfield threw three picks. They lost by 2. They should have won walking away. It might have been a bad call, but Mayfield
still cost them the game.

The_Lyrical_Miracle I saw the play, it was PI. IMO they need to bring back reviewable pass interference with the following changes:

1. You get one PI challenge per game.
2. Only for the second half.
2. 60 second time limit. If you need to look longer, then there isn't clear and convincing evidence.
3. Review is done by the refs on the field.

The Pats right now are at least #4, maybe less depending on how they finish over the next two games. They came off the bye and haven't looked like the team that reeled off seven straight. The Pats always struggle against Miami in South Florida in December. Nothing is assured. I'm betting on playing Wild Card weekend.
The only way the Pats end up higher than 5 is winning the division. That means the Bills lose to Atlanta or Jets and the Pats win out. Possible but unlikely. You’ll likely be the 6th seed.

But they don't reverse calls after the fact and give games back to your home town team that you think deserves it.
Mayfield threw three picks. They lost by 2. They should have won walking away. It might have been a bad call, but Mayfield
still cost them the game.
Notice, you brought up 2 things. I'm talking about one of them.

I've seen many great QB's have terrible games but still win games based on plays outside of their control, whether by Refs or whatever.

Just because a QB has a bad game doesn't mean they can't get hosed. This old man river mentality you're preaching is just odd.

Just out of curiosity's sake.. at what number of INT's do the pass interference rules change? Or at the very least, at what number of INT's is a player allowed to advocate for themselves? Is it 1? 2? 3?

They didn't call a penalty. What would you like me to say? It doesn't matter. The Browns lost. Because their quarterback makes crappy decisions.
If you keep this braying up, you're just whining.
If you're going to berate anyone for talking about games besides the final score, then you must not talk a lot of sports, so I'm wondering why you're in this CHAT forum about sports.

If you want to talk about it in your own way, just copy and paste the box score.

Notice, you brought up 2 things. I'm talking about one of them.

I've seen many great QB's have terrible games but still win games based on plays outside of their control, whether by Refs or whatever.

Just because a QB has a bad game doesn't mean they can't get hosed. This old man river mentality you're preaching is just odd.

Just out of curiosity's sake.. at what number of INT's do the pass interference rules change? Or at the very least, at what number of INT's is a player allowed to advocate for themselves? Is it 1? 2? 3?
Who cares? Could be five. Could be six. The officials call the game. They didn't call PI. There's no giving wins after the fact because fans think their team got robbed.
The Browns deserved to lose.

Forum List

Back