Burger Joint's Starting Salary - $15 Per Hour

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
15 bucks/hr and-----and Moo Cluck Moo is expanding.

"...paying employees well is working for Moo Cluck Moo; the company is looking to expand, Parker told the Daily Beast earlier this month. And he expects the success will continue."

This Burger Joint Is Raising Its Starting Salary To $15 Per Hour

09/10/2013

There’s at least one burger joint listening to fast food protesters’ demands.

Moo Cluck Moo, the Detroit-area fast food eatery that already gained acclaim for paying its workers $12 per hour, will raise its starting wage to $15 per hour beginning October 1, the Daily Beast reports. The move comes just a few weeks after fast food workers took to the streets demanding chains like McDonald’s, Burger King and KFC pay them $15 per hour. Many say they’re making slightly more than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.

Read the Daily Beast's full report here.

Critics claim the workers’ demands would put many franchisees, which operate on thin profit margins and run most fast food restaurants, out of business. But Brian Parker, one of the owners of Moo Cluck Moo begs to differ. Parker told HuffPostLive in July that he believes investing in his workers actually benefits his business because the staffers provide better customer service than their colleagues who are working for much less.

<snip>

Sure, one restaurant that just opened run by an attention whore. That's gonna work.

It will be great when every fast food chain pays 15-20 dollars an hour. Then Americans will be content with flipping burgers their whole life. No more need to study for becoming an engineer or doctor, just salt them fries and work the cash register. Won't income equality be great?

Sure, one restaurant that just opened run by an attention whore. That's gonna work.

I wish them all good things, but right now it's one location dreaming of a second. Hope it happens, but their retention rate isn't that great.

"...paying employees well is working for Moo Cluck Moo; the company is looking to expand, Parker told the Daily Beast earlier this month. And he expects the success will continue."

09/10/2013

Moo Cluck Moo, the Detroit-area fast food eatery that already gained acclaim for paying its workers $12 per hour, will raise its starting wage to $15 per hour beginning October 1, the Daily Beast reports. The move comes just a few weeks after fast food workers took to the streets demanding chains like McDonald’s, Burger King and KFC pay them $15 per hour. Many say they’re making slightly more than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.

Critics claim the workers’ demands would put many franchisees, which operate on thin profit margins and run most fast food restaurants, out of business. But Brian Parker, one of the owners of Moo Cluck Moo begs to differ. Parker told HuffPostLive in July that he believes investing in his workers actually benefits his business because the staffers provide better customer service than their colleagues who are working for much less.

<snip>

Well I wish him the best of luck.

Never heard of the place, any idea how much a burger/fries/soda cost?

09/10/2013

<snip>

Well I wish him the best of luck.

Never heard of the place, any idea how much a burger/fries/soda cost?

on line order

Online Ordering

I just got a promotion and a wage rise.
I got it by working hard, a great attitude to work, and doing things I didn't have to do.
My wage rise is greater than the total earned by the lowest paid staff, but they won't do anything about earning more, preferring to moan about how hard done to they are.

I can hold my head up high because I know I deserve my wage rise.

Basically, what I'm saying is, get your arses into gear if you want more cash.

At 15 bucks an hour they will be able to hire better people for employees. Maybe!

At 15 bucks an hour they will be able to hire better people for employees. Maybe!
A whole lot of people will be fired along the way though if they want to stay in business.
Possibly, or not hired in the first place. A higher wage gives the employer the power to be more selective than employers that are offering a lower wage.
Yeah that works really well for jobs that attract people with ambition. Flipping burgers? Not so much...

Still, good on the owners I suppose.

A whole lot of people will be fired along the way though if they want to stay in business.

Possibly, or not hired in the first place. A higher wage gives the employer the power to be more selective than employers that are offering a lower wage.
Yeah that works really well for jobs that attract people with ambition. Flipping burgers? Not so much...

Lots of burger flippers have ambition. However, they usually are not hamburger flippers for life.

Lots of burger flippers have ambition. However, they usually are not hamburger flippers for life.
:eek:

It will be great when every fast food chain pays 15-20 dollars an hour. Then Americans will be content with flipping burgers their whole life. No more need to study for becoming an engineer or doctor, just salt them fries and work the cash register. Won't income equality be great?
Yeah, that's obviously happening in countries with larger minimum wages. Keep spewing the right wing bile.

Hyperbole

Hyperbole
And easily disproved, it's typical rhetoric that I'm getting tired of.
Leaving out many other countries:
Denmark:
  1. $20/hour

2. Due to a strong trade union movement, wages in Denmark are generally higher than in the United States. Negotiated minimum wage is approximately $20/hour

Forum List

Back