Burger Joint's Starting Salary - $15 Per Hour

It's not only place that pays $15 an hour. This Philly restaurant is doing the same, but there is a catch.

Philly restaurant pays $15 an hour

The “indoor beer garden,” as he calls it, which serves up comfort food and craft beer at communal tables, pays all of its employees, from the servers to the dishwashers, at least $15 an hour plus paid sick leave and health insurance benefits. The customer experience is unique as well: tips aren’t mandatory and all the prices for different beers are the same. So every drink costs $6: $5 for the drink itself plus a 20 percent service charge.

Everyone makes the same, but wait, there is more

The service charge also doesn’t go straight to the individual server. It goes into a pot that’s used to make sure everyone is making that $15 wage, although management will make up the difference if what they make in revenue falls short. If there’s money left over at the end of a pay period, employees divide it up based on a point system related to experience and other factors.

Point system? So not everyone work is valued the same. Some will earn more... it's not fair!!!

It's not only place that pays $15 an hour. This Philly restaurant is doing the same, but there is a catch.

The “indoor beer garden,” as he calls it, which serves up comfort food and craft beer at communal tables, pays all of its employees, from the servers to the dishwashers, at least $15 an hour plus paid sick leave and health insurance benefits. The customer experience is unique as well: tips aren’t mandatory and all the prices for different beers are the same. So every drink costs $6: $5 for the drink itself plus a 20 percent service charge.

The service charge also doesn’t go straight to the individual server. It goes into a pot that’s used to make sure everyone is making that $15 wage, although management will make up the difference if what they make in revenue falls short. If there’s money left over at the end of a pay period, employees divide it up based on a point system related to experience and other factors.

Point system? So not everyone work is valued the same. Some will earn more... it's not fair!!!
Explain this, and let's not forget the higher minimum wages in most other first world countries. Keep cherry picking.
  1. $20/hour

2. Due to a strong trade union movement, wages in Denmark are generally higher than in the United States. Negotiated minimum wage is approximately $20/hour.

I just got a promotion and a wage rise.
I got it by working hard, a great attitude to work, and doing things I didn't have to do.
My wage rise is greater than the total earned by the lowest paid staff, but they won't do anything about earning more, preferring to moan about how hard done to they are.

I can hold my head up high because I know I deserve my wage rise.

Basically, what I'm saying is, get your arses into gear if you want more cash.

happy story of the evening

good job buddy

:)

Explain this, and let's not forget the higher minimum wages in most other first world countries. Keep cherry picking.
  1. $20/hour

2. Due to a strong trade union movement, wages in Denmark are generally higher than in the United States. Negotiated minimum wage is approximately $20/hour.

$20/hour minus 60 percent in taxes = 8/hour

who wants union help like that

--yikes

1. $20/hour

Funny you picked Denmark as example. High standard of living, pretty high taxes but also happy place to live in, low debt to GDP ratio, its like a fairy tale. But something is rotten is state of Denmark... because their welfare state is on the verge of fault. Government and people are realizing that system is not sustainable.

NYT - Danes Rethink a Welfare State Ample to a Fault

Forum List

Back