Buried: Father at Newton Meeting who does not want more gun laws

News flash Bozo, its 2013. The media has made it pretty clear 40 is the top number so far.

Again, you have an issue with confusing rate and total. Learn something about statistics before you start calling people names, it just makes you look even dumber.

For example, Chicago has 40 murders but 2.7 million people. New Orleans has 11 murders but 360,000 people. New Orleans has a much higher murder rate than Chicago.

and you're confusing highest over all murder rate with highest murder rate using a gun. which is what we are talking about here

Then please show me the statistics of murder rates broken down by city and weapon type.

I suppose just acknowledging that a gun control city still has a huge problem with criminals using guns is out of the question for you moron?

News flash Bozo, its 2013. The media has made it pretty clear 40 is the top number so far.

Again, you have an issue with confusing rate and total. Learn something about statistics before you start calling people names, it just makes you look even dumber.

For example, Chicago has 40 murders but 2.7 million people. New Orleans has 11 murders but 360,000 people. New Orleans has a much higher murder rate than Chicago.

Nice discounting of 40 people moron.

I'm not discounting anyone, I already stated that the number of murders in Chicago are unacceptable. I am discounting people making inaccurate statements such as yourself.

and you're confusing highest over all murder rate with highest murder rate using a gun. which is what we are talking about here

Then please show me the statistics of murder rates broken down by city and weapon type.

you challlenged my assesment. back up your claim

I'm not discounting anyone, I already stated that the number of murders in Chicago are unacceptable. I am discounting people making inaccurate statements such as yourself.

You haven't proven my statement inaccurate moron.

I suppose just acknowledging that a gun control city still has a huge problem with criminals using guns is out of the question for you moron?

And other cities with gun control don't have huge problems with criminals using guns while cities with lax gun laws have huge problems with criminals using guns. There is no correlation between strict gun laws and higher or lower murder rates.

Sure I did. You're an assclown who doesn't understand the difference between the total number of murders and murder rate. Meanwhile all you do is keep calling me moron. Maybe you're not an assclown, just not very bright.

there are so many lies and assumptions being floated around regarding this shooting. the shooting itself is a tragedy enough without it becoming a media circus and a left wing agenda poster child. chicago has the nations toughest gun laws yet the highest gun murder rate. one city with a near gun ban has about 5% of the nations total firearms homicides. gun laws do not work to stop murders. and there are no statistics that show they have any positive impact at all

While Chicago's murder rate is unacceptable, it is far from the highest rate in the nation.

I believe that title belongs to New Orleans, another bastion of Democrat control...

So the person making the original claim doesn't have to provide evidence of said claim? You can't make this stuff up.

i'll give you a little help here. chicago had over 500 gun homicides in 2012. more that every other state except 2 now come on. you made a claim i was wrong. show me.

Sure I did. You're an assclown who doesn't understand the difference between the total number of murders and murder rate. Meanwhile all you do is keep calling me moron. Maybe you're not an assclown, just not very bright.

According to this article, Chicago isn't even in the top ten.

The Geography of U.S. Gun Violence - Neighborhoods - The Atlantic Cities

So the person making the original claim doesn't have to provide evidence of said claim? You can't make this stuff up.

i'll give you a little help here. chicago had over 500 gun homicides in 2012. more that every other state except 2 now come on. you made a claim i was wrong. show me.

You also seem to have an issue with total and rate. I never said Chicago didn't have the highest total. You said Chicago has the highest rate which is patently incorrect.

According to this article, Chicago isn't even in the top ten.

The Geography of U.S. Gun Violence - Neighborhoods - The Atlantic Cities

Thank you. Some people here need to go back to high school and learn something about statistics.

here's another little fact for you. 25 states have rigid gun control laws, 25 states have minimal gun control laws. of the total homicides by firearm 4 out of 5 occur in the states with the toughest gun control laws while only 1 of 5 occur in the states with minimal gun laws. and gun control works?

here's another little fact for you. 25 states have rigid gun control laws, 25 states have minimal gun control laws. of the total homicides by firearm 4 out of 5 occur in the states with the toughest gun control laws while only 1 of 5 occur in the states with minimal gun laws. and gun control works?

How many people leave in each state?

so you are saying the ability of a law to work depends on the population?

No, he's saying percentages matter.

And I'm sure you realize that NATIONAL and consistent gun control laws would change those statistics.

No, that has nothing to do with it. You have to look at things per capita though.

California has more murders than Louisiana each year. California has a much larger population, therefore a murder rate less than half of Louisiana. Despite there being more murders in California, you have a much lower chance of being murdered there than you do in Louisiana.

No, that has nothing to do with it. You have to look at things per capita though.

California has more murders than Louisiana each year. California has a much larger population, therefore a murder rate less than half of Louisiana. Despite there being more murders in California, you have a much lower chance of being murdered there than you do in Louisiana.

so again, laws are not effective in preventing crime. a certain percent of the population is going to commit a crime regardless of the law and how strict and limiting it is.

Forum List

Back