Bus Hijacked, Victim Killed During Hostage Crisis in Atlanta

el midgetron

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2023
Oh crap he was black. Start making excuses….

ATLANTA - Loved ones say 39-year-old Joseph Grier was off his bipolar medication for weeks and was in a manic state when he allegedly hijacked a Gwinnett County bus and shot a man on Tuesday afternoon.

He rambled to reporters after a downtown Atlanta shooting. Then, police say, he hijacked a bus​

Gwinnett County Transit Bus hijacking suspect described as 'soft, calm and loving'

‘I’ve been off my medication:’ Bus hijacking suspect spoke to Channel 2 moments before shooting​

ATLANTA - Loved ones say 39-year-old Joseph Grier was off his bipolar medication for weeks and was in a manic state when he allegedly hijacked a Gwinnett County bus and shot a man on Tuesday afternoon.

He rambled to reporters after a downtown Atlanta shooting. Then, police say, he hijacked a bus​

Gwinnett County Transit Bus hijacking suspect described as 'soft, calm and loving'

‘I’ve been off my medication:’ Bus hijacking suspect spoke to Channel 2 moments before shooting​

You want excuses.

Let's go.

Excuse number one: Republicans like criminals now, so it's okay.

You want excuses.

Let's go.

Excuse number one: Republicans like criminals now, so it's okay.
Except someone died in one case and not the other. For all we know that fatality could have been a non-binary black trans autistic person. Stop marginalizing people by colonizing discussions with privileged comparisons.

It sounds like a really shitty family. They should have removed all guns from him, themselves, before this happened.

Except someone died in one case and not the other. For all we know that fatality could have been a non-binary black trans autistic person. Stop marginalizing people by colonizing discussions with privileged comparisons.

Oh right, so Republicans only care about criminals who KILL PEOPLE now?

Wait, no. Hunter Biden didn't kill anyone. He only crime was to take drugs into his OWN BODY. The sort of thing "smaller government" people should be like "we don't care about".

This is why Mental Hospitals need to be reopened. Big Pharma lied. Their medicines are NOT as good as 4 padded walls.

Oh right, so Republicans only care about criminals who KILL PEOPLE now?

Wait, no. Hunter Biden didn't kill anyone. He only crime was to take drugs into his OWN BODY. The sort of thing "smaller government" people should be like "we don't care about".
Thank you for coming here to defend a murderer. I assume because he’s black. Which supports my op.

They should have had him committed. If he won't take his meds he is a danger to himself and others.
"Not guilty by reason of insantiy" is a cop out. Crimes are not committed by people who are clinically depressed, or irrationally afraid of life. Chrimes are committed by people who are proud of themselves, even though they have nothing to be proud of. .

"Not guilty by reason of insantiy" is a cop out. Crimes are not committed by people who are clinically depressed, or irrationally afraid of life. Chrimes are committed by people who are proud of themselves, even though they have nothing to be proud of. .
I've always believed that anyone who pleads insanity should be committed to a mental institution until he or she is cured, THEN serve the prison term for his or her crimes. Cure, then punish.

They should have had him committed. If he won't take his meds he is a danger to himself and others.
This isn't something I am well-read on, but my understanding is commitment by the state is something, legislators find too expensive a way to care for the disturbed. They are more willing to see them on the street, medicated or not, let the public beware, and let the families deal with it.

Good caring families do remove guns from the mentally ill, same as keys to the car. Dad, had Alzheimers and became hard to control, wrong thinking, confused, and combative. We took the keys and the weapons, as he was not competent to have access to them. We were acting with the responsibility to and for someone we loved, though, he didn't like it a bit. It is just something, good families have to do sometimes.

The distinction is real in a technical way.

In a more commons sense point of view, it does make a single trigger pull effectively the same as a full auto.

Advancements in technology make some thing kind of “arcane.”

I’ll admit that I’m not sure why a domestic weapon needs to fire that many rounds per minute. On the other hand, I completely agree that it’s not for some federal agency to “define” such things as they wish absent legislative authority.

Thank you for coming here to defend a murderer. I assume because he’s black. Which supports my op.

If you think I defended a murderer, then I don't know what the fuck you're reading.

That half this forum defends Trump, a convicted criminal.... well...

It sounds like a really shitty family. They should have removed all guns from him, themselves, before this happened.
And what would that do? Not a damned thing. He would simply get another one, or knife the driver.

When will you fucking morons understand that it isn't the tool. It's the person using it.

My guns have done nothing bad in all the time I have owned them.

This person, let out of jail, goes out and kills someone. BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING CRAZY!

You either kill them, or incarcerate them for life, because everytime you let them out, they hurt people.

When will dumbass people finally figure out that YOU DON'T LET THEM OUT!

And what would that do? Not a damned thing. He would simply get another one, or knife the driver.

When will you fucking morons understand that it isn't the tool. It's the person using it.

My guns have done nothing bad in all the time I have owned them.

This person, let out of jail, goes out and kills someone. BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING CRAZY!

You either kill them, or incarcerate them for life, because everytime you let them out, they hurt people.

When will dumbass people finally figure out that YOU DON'T LET THEM OUT!
He would have to do it illegally, if he was up to it, had the money or could think through a crime. His family was irresponsible, and he was sick and off his meds.

I doubt, he will get life, though he should, as the public should be protected from his presence.

Your guns have done nothing wrong? No, goofy, they are inanimate objects. I suspect his gun did nothing wrong, in that it fired under his direction as designed. Did I skip part of the story? Are they going to punish his gun? When is that trial? Sounds boring. Does the gun get a court appointed attorney? Hopefully, the gun will not speak in its own defense in front of the judge.

It is the state revolving door to keep expenses down and get criminals back to the street for more mayhem. I would rather have a sister in a whorehouse, then a brother on a board of paroles, as most of them are truly worthless.

He would have to do it illegally, if he was up to it, had the money or could think through a crime. His family was irresponsible, and he was sick and off his meds.

I doubt, he will get life, though he should, as the public should be protected from his presence.

Your guns have done nothing wrong? No, goofy, they are inanimate objects. I suspect his gun did nothing wrong, in that it fired under his direction as designed. Did I skip part of the story? Are they going to punish his gun? When is that trial? Sounds boring. Does the gun get a court appointed attorney? Hopefully, the gun will not speak in its own defense in front of the judge.

It is the state revolving door to keep expenses down and get criminals back to the street for more mayhem. I would rather have a sister in a whorehouse, then a brother on a board of paroles, as most of them are truly worthless.
He's ALREADY illegal, dummy! Multiple felonies, and they keep letting him out.

DURRRRRR!

Forum List

Back