...but wait! I thought if I liked my plan I could keep my plan?!

I made less money in 2015 than in 2014.But I PAID MY TAXES, period. But I had to pay MORE in taxes this year. I also had a health care plan. I resent Obama's threat of a penalty to those that chose not too buy into that. It's tantamount to blackmail. I know people that fly under the radar, pay no taxes, no health or car insurance, fly under the radar and they are Americans, because they cant afford being poor. Jesus, this is what we have come to. It's disgusting.

I don't think you have any kind of plan, but I do realize that no one on the Right does.

I just told you my plan: remove all restrictions on health care practitioners, all health care schools,, all health care insurers, and all medicine manufacturers. That's my plan, so please stop saying I don't have a plan, because that's a lie.
That's not nearly enough detail for someone who understands the health care/health insurance system, not even close.

I have given you all the details you need to implement it. Repeal all restrictions on health care practitioners, all health care schools,, all health care insurers, and all medicine manufacturers. What details don't you understand?

Oh, and like I said before, eliminate all government involvement in medical payments.

Do you not understand how to implement what I said?
Sure. Just get rid of everything. But I see no indication that you have given thought to a wide variety of critical issues.

Tell you what. I know you won't like this plan, but this is what I'm talking about when I say "specifics". This is the level of detail I would need to consider any plan. Just tell me how your plan addresses the same isssues:

Ol' Mac's Health Care Act of 2016

Based on what I think would be obvious:
  • It is insane to have seven (7) different health care delivery/payment systems, none of which talk to each other. Talk about inefficient.
  • Early and regular preventive/diagnostic/drug coverage before conditions get worse saves significant health care dollars
  • A healthier populace is good, smart economics.
  • Allowing insurance companies to compete for business by creating and offering attractive upgrades is good, smart economics.
  • Freeing employers from costs and regulations of providing health coverage is good, smart economics.
  • Opening the door to the industry that specializes in preventive/diagnostic services, motivating these clinics to pop up faster than Starbucks™, is good, smart economics.
So:

...Scrap this insane, archaic seven-piece system (Individual, Group, VA, Medicare, Medicaid, Worker's Comp indigent) for one two-tier plan for all
...Tort reform that addresses not only the cost of malpractice insurance, but the even higher cost of preventive medicine
...A two-tier, portable, individual health care system based on the current Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage chassis:
...Strong preventive/diagnostic/drug coverage for all to detect problems earlier and keep them from appearing in the first place
...Adoption of Value-Based Insurance Design, VBID, look it up
...Basic medical/hospital coverage at 80% of system rates as a foundation for everyone
...Open up a massive, 330 million person customer base to insurance companies via Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage plans
...Take a huge administrative monkey off the backs of private insurance companies by eliminating most basic care coverage
...Allow insurance companies to choose between national coverage or state-by-state
...Allow insurance companies to negotiate provider contracts to keep reimbursement acceptable for doctors and hospitals
...Maintain a significant and critical free market competition environment through the supplemental plans
...Watch preventive/diagnostic clinics spring up faster than Starbucks, decreasing the load on doctors and ER's
...Assistance on supplemental plans for low income, assuring even more business to competition-based private insurance companies
...Calculate net costs and add to current Medicare Tax - while freeing businesses and employees from the massive costs & regulations of group plans

Run it for two years and look for tweaks.
Yes, get rid of all government medical payment plans, all restrictions on medical providers, all restrictions on medicine producers, and all restrictions on medical education institutions.

If you don't understand what any of those recommendations means, please let me know, and I'll try to explain using small words.
Well, that's okay, you so completely and thoroughly covered the topic that it will take me weeks to wade through the detail, but I'll certainly try.

Your vice-like grasp of the industry is prodigious, the depth of your knowledge of the relationships between providers and insurers is astounding, your keen understanding of balancing costs, services and revenues is comprehensive, and you have clearly thought through and addressed virtually all of the ramifications of your recommendations.

I have no doubt that the abject ignorance you amusingly displayed of the amount of indigent care our health care system is having to pay for internally was just a blip, an anomaly within your overall mastery of the topic.

Gosh. I will need time to digest the depth and scope of your intellectually intimidating use of the terms "get rid of" and "we need more doctors and hospitals", but have faith in me. Your breathtaking knowledge of this issue truly is an inspiration. Thank goodness for the educational wellspring that is conservative talk radio.

Last edited:
I just told you my plan: remove all restrictions on health care practitioners, all health care schools,, all health care insurers, and all medicine manufacturers. That's my plan, so please stop saying I don't have a plan, because that's a lie.
That's not nearly enough detail for someone who understands the health care/health insurance system, not even close.

I have given you all the details you need to implement it. Repeal all restrictions on health care practitioners, all health care schools,, all health care insurers, and all medicine manufacturers. What details don't you understand?

Oh, and like I said before, eliminate all government involvement in medical payments.

Sure. Just get rid of everything. But I see no indication that you have given thought to a wide variety of critical issues.

Tell you what. I know you won't like this plan, but this is what I'm talking about when I say "specifics". This is the level of detail I would need to consider any plan. Just tell me how your plan addresses the same isssues:

• It is insane to have seven (7) different health care delivery/payment systems, none of which talk to each other. Talk about inefficient.
  • Early and regular preventive/diagnostic/drug coverage before conditions get worse saves significant health care dollars
  • Allowing insurance companies to compete for business by creating and offering attractive upgrades is good, smart economics.
  • Freeing employers from costs and regulations of providing health coverage is good, smart economics.
  • Opening the door to the industry that specializes in preventive/diagnostic services, motivating these clinics to pop up faster than Starbucks™, is good, smart economics.
So:

...Scrap this insane, archaic seven-piece system (Individual, Group, VA, Medicare, Medicaid, Worker's Comp indigent) for one two-tier plan for all
...Tort reform that addresses not only the cost of malpractice insurance, but the even higher cost of preventive medicine
...A two-tier, portable, individual health care system based on the current Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage chassis:
...Strong preventive/diagnostic/drug coverage for all to detect problems earlier and keep them from appearing in the first place
...Basic medical/hospital coverage at 80% of system rates as a foundation for everyone
...Open up a massive, 330 million person customer base to insurance companies via Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage plans
...Take a huge administrative monkey off the backs of private insurance companies by eliminating most basic care coverage
...Allow insurance companies to choose between national coverage or state-by-state
...Allow insurance companies to negotiate provider contracts to keep reimbursement acceptable for doctors and hospitals
...Maintain a significant and critical free market competition environment through the supplemental plans
...Watch preventive/diagnostic clinics spring up faster than Starbucks, decreasing the load on doctors and ER's
...Assistance on supplemental plans for low income, assuring even more business to competition-based private insurance companies
...Calculate net costs and add to current Medicare Tax - while freeing businesses and employees from the massive costs & regulations of group plans

Yes, get rid of all government medical payment plans, all restrictions on medical providers, all restrictions on medicine producers, and all restrictions on medical education institutions.

If you don't understand what any of those recommendations means, please let me know, and I'll try to explain using small words.

Well to be fair... most people have absolutely no idea just how much government controls every single aspect of the entire system. It's not that they don't understand the concept of "all restrictions on medical providers".... what they don't realize is just how many hundreds of pages of regulations cover everything from the sale of a single IV machine, to the simplest tools like selling a needle.

People just have no concept at all, of just how much every single conceivable aspect of the health care system is regulated and controlled.
There are also a lot of people who simply have no idea what they're talking about on this issue, but pretend to anyway.

I made less money in 2015 than in 2014.But I PAID MY TAXES, period. But I had to pay MORE in taxes this year. I also had a health care plan. I resent Obama's threat of a penalty to those that chose not too buy into that. It's tantamount to blackmail. I know people that fly under the radar, pay no taxes, no health or car insurance, fly under the radar and they are Americans, because they cant afford being poor. Jesus, this is what we have come to. It's disgusting.

The thing that is worrying me at the moment is China and its restricted yuan backed by gold. Some are saying that there will be a Tsunami of US dollars meaning rampant inflation. I seriously doubt that China will corner the financial market.

Well, that's okay, you so completely and thoroughly covered the topic that it will take me weeks to wade through the detail, but I'll certainly try.

It shouldn't take you weeks to understand.

Eliminate all government medical payment and insurance plans.
Eliminate all government restrictions on medical providers.
Eliminate all government restrictions on drug and medical device producers.
Eliminate all government restrictions on medical education institutions.
Eliminate all government restrictions on medical insurance.

So:

Well to be fair... most people have absolutely no idea just how much government controls every single aspect of the entire system. It's not that they don't understand the concept of "all restrictions on medical providers".... what they don't realize is just how many hundreds of pages of regulations cover everything from the sale of a single IV machine, to the simplest tools like selling a needle.

People just have no concept at all, of just how much every single conceivable aspect of the health care system is regulated and controlled.
There are also a lot of people who simply have no idea what they're talking about on this issue, but pretend to anyway.

And to top it off, whenever someone does actually know something about the topic, the ignorant people who don't.... claim those that do, are the ignorant people.

Forum List

Back