Buzzfeed Story that Trump Told Cohen to Lie to Congress Debunked, Even By Mueller--Do Libs Know?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Are our resident liberals in this forum aware that even the Mueller team has now debunked the BuzzFeed story that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about real estate deals in Russia? Have our liberals here learned a lesson about rushing to judgment about wild claims from a source like BuzzFeed? When I first read the story, I thought it sounded far fetched. So I'm not surprised that the story has now been exposed as bogus. The Mueller team has rarely commented on these kinds of stories, but they issued a clear denial of the BuzzFeed story. Recall that it was BuzzFeed that released the now thoroughly discredited Steele Dossier.

Trump calls release of BuzzFeed report 'a sad day for journalism'; Giuliani urges DOJ pursuit of leakers

Mueller's Office Disputes Buzzfeed Article on Trump, Cohen Conversations

Liberals, again, have you learned a lesson from this episode?

Every source originally said it was unsubstantiated and then reported on the Mueller statement and pretty much disowned the thing. Just because the conservative outlets run bullshit for days after it is found out does not mean everyone does it.

Are our resident liberals in this forum aware that even the Mueller team has now debunked the BuzzFeed story that Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about real estate deals in Russia? Have our liberals here learned a lesson about rushing to judgment about wild claims from a source like BuzzFeed? When I first read the story, I thought it sounded far fetched. So I'm not surprised that the story has now been exposed as bogus. The Mueller team has rarely commented on these kinds of stories, but they issued a clear denial of the BuzzFeed story. Recall that it was BuzzFeed that released the now thoroughly discredited Steele Dossier.

Trump calls release of BuzzFeed report 'a sad day for journalism'; Giuliani urges DOJ pursuit of leakers

Just wet panties once again. Oh well.

WE GOT HIM NOW! WE GOT HIM NOW!

How many times are we going to hear this?

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

When you require lies to ‘get’ someone, you are worse than your target.

BuzzFeed News’ latest disputed report about former Trump attorney Michael Cohen is just the latest in a long line of Russia “bombshells” that turned out to be anything but.

The Special Counsel’s office disputed a Thursday night report by BuzzFeed claiming that President Donald Trump directed his lawyer to lie about a potential business deal in Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The BuzzFeed report was used to float impeachment proceedings and obstruction of justice charges against the president, but Mueller’s team disputed the core premise of the reporting.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” spokesman Peter Carr said in a statement to The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Keep reading…

Every source originally said it was unsubstantiated and then reported on the Mueller statement and pretty much disowned the thing. Just because the conservative outlets run bullshit for days after it is found out does not mean everyone does it.

Oh, hogwash! Go back and watch the CNN and MSNBC coverage of this story. Better yet: Go read the threads and replies that liberals here posted on this story. Sheesh, you must be kidding. Go read those threads. They surely didn't seem to express any doubt about the story.

Will you folks ever learn?

How many smoking guns have fallen flat now? Will the Democrats who were already calling for an investigation learn anything from this?

No.

33F683D9-4E5F-47A4-AC57-AE8FB2B93D79.jpeg

Oh, hogwash! Go back and watch the CNN and MSNBC coverage of this story. Better yet: Go read the threads and replies that liberals here posted on this story. Sheesh, you must be kidding. Go read those threads. They surely didn't seem to express any doubt about the story.

Will you folks ever learn?
All along I've heard the Buzzfeed story described as unsubstantiated and haven't had much to say about it. I have no control over anyone else. Buzzfeed is still standing by their story so we will see how this all shakes out.

Since a huge number of conservatives still believe the birther nonsense you have nothing to criticize, Conservative outlets still run that shit in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

No, he did not dispute it.

"BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate," said Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller's office.

Last edited:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

BuzzFeed News’ latest disputed report about former Trump attorney Michael Cohen is just the latest in a long line of Russia “bombshells” that turned out to be anything but.

The Special Counsel’s office disputed a Thursday night report by BuzzFeed claiming that President Donald Trump directed his lawyer to lie about a potential business deal in Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign.

The BuzzFeed report was used to float impeachment proceedings and obstruction of justice charges against the president, but Mueller’s team disputed the core premise of the reporting.

“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” spokesman Peter Carr said in a statement to The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Keep reading…
So all of a sudden you people believe Mueller's team is credible?

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
LOL

Keep reading…

LOL
All of a sudden you people believe Mueller is a pro Trump liar?

How many smoking guns have fallen flat now? Will the Democrats who were already calling for an investigation learn anything from this?

No.

View attachment 240945
The Democrats have no called the report truthful. They have called to find out if the report is truthful

and not sure why you all of a sudden believe Mueller is a good guy. LOL
Will you pay me $1 for every WE GOT HIM NOW statement from the Left?

No.

View attachment 240945
The Democrats have no called the report truthful. They have called to find out if the report is truthful

and not sure why you all of a sudden believe Mueller is a good guy. LOL
Will you pay me $1 for every WE GOT HIM NOW statement from the Left?

you just moved the goal post from Democrats to 'the left'

fuck off asshole
:ahole-1::asshole::backpedal:

Keep reading…

LOL
All of a sudden you people believe Mueller is a pro Trump liar?

We all know you people and Trump called Mueller a liar.

Now please list Democrats who have called Mueller a pro Trumpster

:alirulz:
or stfu

Anyone who believes anything reported on BuzzFeed is either a Dimocrap or just plain brain dead.

I hadn't heard of BuzzFeed before yesterday and so my reaction to the story given its source was who's BuzzFeed? It was cheap journalism for other news organizations to report what BuzzFeed was reporting without the slightest investigation of their own.

Forum List

Back