Ca Bypasses trump. Makes Deal With 4 Car Companies

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is very interesting.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I hope California is able to get more car companies to sign on.

California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

Lol
Crazy Cali can do whatever they want, That doesn’t mean it’s right for any other state. ** ****** ****** ******* *****

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions.

Because you dislike poor people

I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't.

Exactly. You made that decision all on your own. California didn't make you.

Lol
Crazy Cali can do whatever they want, That doesn’t mean it’s right for any other state. So shut the fuck up you fucking retard

You obviously didn't read the link. CA signed on with those 4 car companies, and because it's along the same lines as what Obama set forth, Trump doesn't like it. His solution? Roll back the regulations on both federal and CA requirements for MPG and emissions. This is just another example of Trump acting like a petulant child.

And no. If Trump gets his way, CA can't do what they want.

Ya, It gets between 6/8 miles to the gallon... Pending on how much lead is in the foot.

1970-chevrolet-chevelle-ls6-ss454

BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT!!!!!!... lol

Lol
Crazy Cali can do whatever they want, That doesn’t mean it’s right for any other state. So shut the fuck up you fucking retard

You obviously didn't read the link. CA signed on with those 4 car companies, and because it's along the same lines as what Obama set forth, Trump doesn't like it. His solution? Roll back the regulations on both federal and CA requirements for MPG and emissions. This is just another example of Trump acting like a petulant child.

Lol
That is why it should be up to the individual states… Here in South Dakota we have no emissions testing… Thank God!

Are you really so thick as to believe that the only legitimate measure of fuel efficiency is MPG?

Higher car prices for California new car buyers, of those four makes. I guess residents are used to paying
more for everything so what's a little more pocketbook pain?

I'm guessing BMW buyers can afford to pay even more for an already more expensive auto than almost anywhere else in the USA. Ford, Honda and VW buyers....not so much.

Gavin Newsome is channeling Louis XVI....appres moi, le deluge! (translation...I don't
give a fuck!)

Higher car prices for California new car buyers, of those four makes. I guess residents are used to paying
more for everything so what's a little more pocketbook pain?

I'm guessing BMW buyers can afford to pay even more for an already more expensive auto than almost anywhere else in the USA. Ford, Honda and VW buyers....not so much.

Gavin Newsome is channeling Louis XVI....appres moi, le deluge!
Let them eat guacamole.

Trump is trying to remove restrictions, not rights, that's what Democrats do.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions.

I've got a car for you that will get you an extra 3 MPG.
Only $20,000 more than your current car.

How many can I put you down for?

Lol

because it's along the same lines as what Obama set forth, Trump doesn't like it.

Did you like his 54.5 MPG mandate?

California can exceed the Federal Standard all they want...

Lol

I believe Trump can not get his way unless California does not meet the Federal Standards...

Too my understanding Claifornina can exceed the Federal Level just like minimum wage.

What Trump want and what will happen are two different things...

VW is desperate to rehab their name after the emissions scandal so they are a given. BMW is going after the white liberal "privilege" apologists, Ford is wanting to offset their Raptor and GT40 sales by being able to point to this, and Honda is toadying up to CA politicians like they always do. Between them the rour amount to 30% of US sales, so it is a big deal.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

The cars will be more expensive...Why wouldn't car manufactures want that?

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?

I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

Which is basically the same as a lot of sedans. Much less than an SUV or truck.

No but you are polluting the air more you dumb ass. The tooth fairy doesn't put electricity in the wall socket. By and large burning fossil fuel at the power plant does. Then you waste a lot of it just getting it to the wall socket. After that you piss away even more charging the batteries. It's too bad you're so dayum clueless about anything that really matters.

Forum List

Back