Ca Bypasses trump. Makes Deal With 4 Car Companies

This is very interesting.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I hope California is able to get more car companies to sign on.

California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers
No but you are polluting the air more you dumb ass. The tooth fairy doesn't put electricity in the wall socket. By and large burning fossil fuel at the power plant does. Then you waste a lot of it just getting it to the wall socket. After that you piss away even more charging the batteries. It's too bad you're so dayum clueless about anything that really matters.

I don't plug my car into any wall. It's a hybrid.

It charges itself as I drive.

Hybrids have been around since 2000. I'm surprised you don't know this.
So tell me how that charge cycle works, what batteries weigh what it cost in money and environmental impact to produce them. Then lay out for use the laws of thermodynamics and what it says about energy conversion.
You don't need to know any of that. Miles driven divided by fuel consumed. My sister has a Prius. I hate it, but she averages over 50 miles to the gallon.

The cars will be more expensive...Why wouldn't car manufactures want that?

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?

Tariffs make cars more expensive.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I will never buy a car from California the emissions systems are a mechanics nightmare, I applaud you going electric, I won’t, not a reliable source.

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?

I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

Which is basically the same as a lot of sedans. Much less than an SUV or truck.
That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.

An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money.

How much would it cost to make fleet standards 54.5 MPG?

Freedom?

California?

:lmao:

Least free state in the nation.

Tariffs make cars more expensive.
It only makes foreign cars more expensive than the original cost. But American car companies don't have to be worried about tariff. Unless they have parts in their vehicles that are made from other countries. But it will encourage American car companies to only buy American made parts. If they do that. That it will create more businesses in this country.

Trump has rolled back yet another key part of Obama's legacy

Donny hasn't rolled back anything.

I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

Half the price of a well equipped 3/4 ton crew cab.

Yes hybrid cars are very affordable. They don't cost anymore than a regular gas car. They cost a lot less than a SUV or truck. People don't seem to have a problem with shelling out over 30 grand for an SUV or truck. I don't see the problem with 23 grand for a hybrid.

I will never buy a car from California the emissions systems are a mechanics nightmare, I applaud you going electric, I won’t, not a reliable source.

If you buy a car from any of those 4 auto makers you're buying a car that follows the California emissions and mileage standards.

California is trying to get more auto makers to do the same thing.

That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.

Right now I'm getting 60.8 miles per gallon in my Prius. I get lower mileage in the winter because of the mixture for winter.

So I say I average about 55 mpg in my car.

I paid 23 grand for my car.

Freedom?

California?

:lmao:

Least free state in the nation.

California also has the highest poverty rate of any state in the nation. Do you think any of our resident liberals care? Nah. Results are irrelevant. All that matters to them is the narrative. So what if millions of Californians are broke.

And according to the source below, they also have the highest homeless rate in the nation.

Lol
Prius look like shit...

So in California, it's ok to take a dump in the middle of the street, which then finds its way into the water supply, but don't you dare have a car that puts out too many emissions.

Right now I'm getting 60.8 miles per gallon in my Prius. I get lower mileage in the winter because of the mixture for winter.

So I say I average about 55 mpg in my car.

I paid 23 grand for my car.

Right now I'm getting 60.8 miles per gallon in my Prius.

That's awesome.
Now you just have to get the entire output of all the auto makers to average 54.5 MPG.

Should be easy, eh?

People aren’t opposed to lower emission cars. THey are just much more expensive to purchase and at the time not practical for most buyers. It will even be worse if and when the federal tax credit goes away.

That's really interesting considering the MSRP is $24,500 for the base model 2018 Prius.

Forum List

Back