Ca Bypasses trump. Makes Deal With 4 Car Companies

Here it is from the Toyota website.

2019 Toyota Prius | Be in Your Element
51071951b629dcd96347edf9b2b02908.png

No thanks.... lol

The cars will be more expensive...Why wouldn't car manufactures want that?

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?

I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

Which is basically the same as a lot of sedans. Much less than an SUV or truck.
That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?

I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.
I'm very right and you're dumber than dirt on the economics of the matter.

I have an '08 Subaru with California emissions, and all of the replacement parts having anything to do with the exhaust system (i.e. O2 sensors) are significantly more expensive than those for the the standard model.

Half the price of a well equipped 3/4 ton crew cab.

Yes hybrid cars are very affordable. They don't cost anymore than a regular gas car. They cost a lot less than a SUV or truck. People don't seem to have a problem with shelling out over 30 grand for an SUV or truck. I don't see the problem with 23 grand for a hybrid.

Most people would. You are an idiot.

I can put your Prius in the cargo compartment of my SUV and still get more than 20 mpg.

This is very interesting.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I hope California is able to get more car companies to sign on.

California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers

I will never buy a car from California the emissions systems are a mechanics nightmare, I applaud you going electric, I won’t, not a reliable source.

If you buy a car from any of those 4 auto makers you're buying a car that follows the California emissions and mileage standards.

California is trying to get more auto makers to do the same thing.

Uh, wrong again. They will just sell their POSs in CA where no one will buy them.

I got a V8 Jeep made in Austria; best car I've ever had and she's 20 yo. Missus once said it's her or the car. Car stayed; she gone. New wife of 18yrs is wonderful.

Greg

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions.

Because you dislike poor people

I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't.

Exactly. You made that decision all on your own. California didn't make you.

As a mod, please answer this: why is Rustic allowed to write this in response to Dana's post, "So shut the fuck up you fucking retard"? Is this acceptable in the current events forum? Can all of us get away with this behavior?

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions.

Because you dislike poor people

I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't.

Exactly. You made that decision all on your own. California didn't make you.

As a mod, please answer this: why is Rustic allowed to write this in response to Dana's post, "So shut the fuck up you fucking retard"? Is this acceptable in the current events forum? Can all of us get away with this behavior?

Of course it's not supposed to be allowed but this is a far right radical extremist board so they can do pretty much whatever they want.

I just scroll past it all. They just aren't worth the time or effort.

So in California, it's ok to take a dump in the middle of the street, which then finds its way into the water supply, but don't you dare have a car that puts out too many emissions.

It's not okay to "take a dump in the middle of the street". It's not okay to pollute the earth with slurry ponds:
Coal sludge - SourceWatch

It's not okay to pollute our oceans:
10 largest oil spills in history

You jerks go out of your way to attack SF and CA when their are greater wrongs done to the earth than bears and people shitting on the earth.

I have a sign for people like you when I pull up next to them in my big, black, SUV.

It's that little boy pissing. I'm sure you have seen it, except he's pissing on the Prius logo.
The sign says, "I burning the fuel you're saving."
I think that's called S.P.S.
Small Penis Syndrome

Yes hybrid cars are very affordable. They don't cost anymore than a regular gas car. They cost a lot less than a SUV or truck. People don't seem to have a problem with shelling out over 30 grand for an SUV or truck. I don't see the problem with 23 grand for a hybrid.

Because that SUV can pull my boat to the lake.

That fucking Prius has a hard time pulling itself.

Who needs that, simply rent a birth and save the cost of gas as well as the cost of the SUV; and the launching costs; sometimes the long at the launch will take up the best part of the day.

I have a sign for people like you when I pull up next to them in my big, black, SUV.

It's that little boy pissing. I'm sure you have seen it, except he's pissing on the Prius logo.
Small Penis Syndrome

Yep, that's what happens to us old guys. But we still have money to burn
We can buy bigger vehicles and bigger guns

Who needs that, simply rent a birth and save the cost of gas and the cost of the SUV and the storage of the boat.

Um the lake I fish at doesn't "rent births".

And I also fish at several different lakes anyway.

Last edited:

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

Just look at all the unregulated soot spewing out of trucks, buses, airplanes and other non-commercial vehicles to see what a joke all this is. You're not polluting less, just doing it differently. Instead of polluting out your tailpipe, you are polluting at the electric generation plant that makes all that nice electricity for you, then you will be polluting when it comes time to get rid of that shitload of big, fat, heavy batteries you carry around!

My son's Chevy Bolt is fast off the line, and very quick when fast acceleration is necessary. He's never been to a gas station in the 18 months he's owned the car, and get free "fill ups" on week ends since we have solar panels on our roof.

Small Penis Syndrome

I was referring to the pissing decal. Seems more like a something a young man with a small penis would have on his extremely large vehicle.

But old guys do have pissing problems so maybe there's some correlation in that regard.

Small Penis Syndrome

To compensate for smaller hands and smaller penises.

Just look at all the unregulated soot spewing out of trucks, buses, airplanes and other non-commercial vehicles to see what a joke all this is. You're not polluting less, just doing it differently. Instead of polluting out your tailpipe, you are polluting at the electric generation plant that makes all that nice electricity for you, then you will be polluting when it comes time to get rid of that shitload of big, fat, heavy batteries you carry around!
I have solar. You are not considering all the options.

I don't know if you've heard yet but beginning in 2020 all new homes built in California must have solar panels on the roof.

Forum List

Back