Ca Bypasses trump. Makes Deal With 4 Car Companies

This is very interesting.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I hope California is able to get more car companies to sign on.

California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers
No but you are polluting the air more you dumb ass. The tooth fairy doesn't put electricity in the wall socket. By and large burning fossil fuel at the power plant does. Then you waste a lot of it just getting it to the wall socket. After that you piss away even more charging the batteries. It's too bad you're so dayum clueless about anything that really matters.

I don't plug my car into any wall. It's a hybrid.

It charges itself as I drive.

Hybrids have been around since 2000. I'm surprised you don't know this.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

Ya, It gets between 6/8 miles to the gallon... Pending on how much lead is in the foot.

1970-chevrolet-chevelle-ls6-ss454

BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT!!!!!!... lol
Jebuz Fucking Krist. When do you ever lend anything to an OP? I love SD. You suck.

The cars will be more expensive...Why wouldn't car manufactures want that?

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?

I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

Which is basically the same as a lot of sedans. Much less than an SUV or truck.
That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

Higher overall vehicle cost and lower capabilities of the vehicle (generally).

If you want me to buy a “clean(er)” car it cannot cost more and must have at least the same level of capabilities as the older cars.

Lower emissions means the car s engine is using its fuel more efficiently. The cars of today are so much better than the cars of even 5 years ago. Amazing.

What I am not seeing or hearing about is the cost of those new high-mileage, low emission vehicles. And are the taxpayers in CA going to pay more in taxes to subsidize those vehicles? Let's be goest about this, those automakers are not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts; they are expecting tax credits or some kind of gov't backstop to cover any losses incurred like the ACA did for HC Insurance companies.

In addition, automakers will receive significant credits for adopting climate-friendly technologies. Under both California’s and the federal government’s fuel economy program, firms can receive credits toward meeting annual targets several ways, including cooling cars more effectively through less-polluting refrigerants and selling more electric vehicles. Under the new accord, the participating companies will be able to tap into more generous credits than would have been available under the Obama-era rules.

Four automakers strike climate deal with California, rebuffing Trump’s mileage freeze

For all the hate-mongering on the democratic side against rich people and big corps, whose going to benefit the most from this deal in CA? Rich people that can, afford to pay big bucks for one of these cars, and big corps like Ford, BMW, Volkswagen, and Honda. Those are the Corps that went to California with this deal, and they did it for a reason. Guess why.

Higher car prices for California new car buyers, of those four makes. I guess residents are used to paying
more for everything so what's a little more pocketbook pain?

I'm guessing BMW buyers can afford to pay even more for an already more expensive auto than almost anywhere else in the USA. Ford, Honda and VW buyers....not so much.

Gavin Newsome is channeling Louis XVI....appres moi, le deluge!
Let them eat guacamole.
We do. Frequently. Avocados are cheap. I can get them for free in my backyard.

No but you are polluting the air more you dumb ass. The tooth fairy doesn't put electricity in the wall socket. By and large burning fossil fuel at the power plant does. Then you waste a lot of it just getting it to the wall socket. After that you piss away even more charging the batteries. It's too bad you're so dayum clueless about anything that really matters.

So tell me how that charge cycle works, what batteries weigh what it cost in money and environmental impact to produce them. Then lay out for use the laws of thermodynamics and what it says about energy conversion.

What I am not seeing or hearing about is the cost of those new high-mileage, low emission vehicles. And are the taxpayers in CA going to pay more in taxes to subsidize those vehicles? Let's be goest about this, those automakers are not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts; they are expecting tax credits or some kind of gov't backstop to cover any losses incurred like the ACA did for HC Insurance companies.

In addition, automakers will receive significant credits for adopting climate-friendly technologies. Under both California’s and the federal government’s fuel economy program, firms can receive credits toward meeting annual targets several ways, including cooling cars more effectively through less-polluting refrigerants and selling more electric vehicles. Under the new accord, the participating companies will be able to tap into more generous credits than would have been available under the Obama-era rules.

Four automakers strike climate deal with California, rebuffing Trump’s mileage freeze

For all the hate-mongering on the democratic side against rich people and big corps, whose going to benefit the most from this deal in CA? Rich people that can, afford to pay big bucks for one of these cars, and big corps like Ford, BMW, Volkswagen, and Honda. Those are the Corps that went to California with this deal, and they did it for a reason. Guess why.
Oooh, Ford is betraying America? Apple Pie Ford? Aren't they bringing all their manufacturing jobs back to America?

Those traitors.

Trump has rolled back yet another key part of Obama's legacy

I guess that crony corporatist deals with The State are cool, as long as the alleged "benefits" check all your political boxes, huh?

I bought my latest car a year and a half ago. A Toyota Prius. It was 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

That was last year, not future years when all the extras installed to comply with Caliunicornia's enviro-kookery will drive up prices ....But your virtue signal is duly noted.

My Prius already has all the required extras. I don't even have to get it smog checked.

I paid about the same price for my last Prius in 2011. This new one has more extras my old one doesn't have.

You're very wrong about this. An environmentally responsible car doesn't cost a lot of money. Trucks and SUVs cost much more.

all the years i lived in California they have always had their own emission standards for cars sold in the State....so why is this a topic?...

I've been buying one since 2001. My Prius gets around 55 mpg and has such low emissions that it doesn't need to be smog checked.

My most recent Prius cost 23 thousand dollars. New not used.

The number of cars in California that already gets high mileage and low emissions is already very high. Same as it is in my state. This is already being done and has been done since around 2000.

The only difference is that more of those cars will be made. More cars that aren't hybrid will be made that get higher mileage and lower emissions.

So tell me how that charge cycle works, what batteries weigh what it cost in money and environmental impact to produce them. Then lay out for use the laws of thermodynamics and what it says about energy conversion.

My car is both gas and electric. I have both engines in my car.

It charges itself as I drive. When I coast and when I put on the brake.

I've owned 4 hybrid cars and have never had to replace a battery. I keep a car for 5 to 6 years then get a new one. The batteries on hybrid cars are made to get several hundred thousand miles before they have to be replaced.

I'm not an engineer so your demand for thermodynamics is ridiculous.

Cars that already comply with California high mileage and low emissions already exist and are all over the place here in the west. Hybrid cars have been available since around 2000 and we in the west have been buying them. So the new standards won't change anything with hybrid and electric cars.

I drive a car that exceeds the standards that California is trying to set. I've been driving a car like that since 2001.

all the years i lived in California they have always had their own emission standards for cars sold in the State....so why is this a topic?...

Because trump is trying to make it illegal for states to set their own emission standards.

Every State or county can set their own emission standards. Harris county in Texas has emission standards. But other counties in Texas doesn't have any emission standards. Smith county, that you can put an 66 old Chevy motor into a 2019 Ford truck. California has emission standards on Big Rigs. But other states don't have it. But Big rig from other states that isn't at California emission standards. That they cannot enter into California.

Every State or county can set their own emission standards. Harris county in Texas has emission standards. But other counties in Texas doesn't have any emission standards. Smith county, that you can put an 66 old Chevy motor into a 2019 Ford truck. California has emission standards on Big Rigs. But other states don't have it. But Big rig from other states that isn't at California emission standards. That they cannot enter into California.
well we keep hearing about states rights...

Half the price of a well equipped 3/4 ton crew cab.

Forum List

Back