🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CA considering lowering taxes on weed stores

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Due to taxes on weed stores, nothing has slowed the sales of illegal weed. California is considering temporarily lowering taxes.
'member when they said legalizing will stop crime?
You 'member!
I think L.A issued 1000 licences and stopped

Well, when you can get the same quality smoke from your buddy down the street and save 30 dollars in tax, who you gonna call?

But the weed tax was going to save the state finances.
It could but it would take time if you do it right. Which, if our leaders did things right, it would usually take time to work itself out..
They have the regular sales tax, plus 15% on top of that, then your local communities are putting around a 10-15% tax rate on it as well.
Thats way too much.
For 7 grams, you are looking at around/over 40 bucks in taxes.. Thats wayy too much.
Just in tax on 7 grams, that is what you pay for 3.5 on the street..

Due to taxes on weed stores, nothing has slowed the sales of illegal weed. California is considering temporarily lowering taxes.
You 'member!
We need a political party to run on "the Weed's Too Damn High"

Does CA get anything right? Seems they can fuckup a wet dream.

Last edited:
Lowering taxes???? :auiqs.jpg: yeah right, they'll tack that on to something somewhere and call it something else

But the weed tax was going to save the state finances.
It could but it would take time if you do it right. Which, if our leaders did things right, it would usually take time to work itself out..
They have the regular sales tax, plus 15% on top of that, then your local communities are putting around a 10-15% tax rate on it as well.
Thats way too much.
For 7 grams, you are looking at around/over 40 bucks in taxes.. Thats wayy too much.
Just in tax on 7 grams, that is what you pay for 3.5 on the street..

What they and other governments forget is there are two forms of a black market. A "high end" black market that provides banned or forbidden substances, and a "low end" black market that provides goods that while legal, have onerous cost additions due usually to regulations.

High end black markets are the more dangerous ones, as the high profit margins lead to so much money that violence is bound to occur within the trade, but a low end black market defeats the original purpose of legalizing said substance, which is control and moving the profit away from crime and to legitimate business and of course, the government coffers.

You 'member!
What is the current tax rate on pot in CA?

You 'member!

California to tax pot as much as 45%

Most of these States have to come back to reality a bit, or Gutterman, riding his scooter with his man-bun will still be the main provider of pot.

A picture recently posted to Instagram shows a receipt for a shopping trip to Cookies LA, a licensed marijuana store in Maywood.

The receipt shows that the shopper bought an ounce of high-end cannabis, the maximum allowed under state law and enough to roll perhaps 40 joints.

His pre-tax tab came to $450. After taxes, the final bill was $587.25.

That receipt, and the posting on social media, are signs of the wave of sticker shock being felt among cannabis consumers.

High taxes spark sticker shock for marijuana customers in California

That's a 30 percent sales tax. Insane.

You 'member!

Most of these States have to come back to reality a bit, or Gutterman, riding his scooter with his man-bun will still be the main provider of pot.
45% is nuts.

That's a classic Pigovian tax.

However, I much prefer taxes on consumption than taxes on production.

You 'member!

45% is nuts.

That's a classic Pigovian tax.

However, I much prefer taxes on consumption than taxes on production.

All the levels of government saw $$ in their coffers and forgot the other levels were thinking the same thing.

I don't see why standard sales taxes with maybe another 5-10% on top total at the point of sale wouldn't make the State and local governments all warm and fuzzy, considering they got 0% when it was illegal and sold by Hector in his lowrider.

Forum List

Back