CA town of 50,000 building $35 Million Water Park!!! What happened to the monster drought?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Is this water shortage just another democrat scam like global warming and peak oil turned out to be.?

DROUGHT CA City Breaks Ground On Massive 35M Water Park

april 3 2015
Amid California’s record drought, the City of Dublin is breaking ground on a massive new water park. Residents are wondering about the timing of the project.

At Dublin’s Emerald Glen Park the grass gets recycled water, the kid’s spray jets have been shut off and the large fountain is dry as a bone, all to save water. So it’s a little surprising to learn they’re about to build a $35 million water park.

“You can never predict a drought,” Dublin parks director Paul McCreary told KPIX 5.

The city’s parks director said the recreation and aquatic center will include indoor and outdoor pools and water slides. It’s been planned for 10 years now but got postponed when the economy tanked in 2007.

Is this water shortage just another democrat scam like global warming and peak oil turned out to be.?

april 3 2015
Amid California’s record drought, the City of Dublin is breaking ground on a massive new water park. Residents are wondering about the timing of the project.

At Dublin’s Emerald Glen Park the grass gets recycled water, the kid’s spray jets have been shut off and the large fountain is dry as a bone, all to save water. So it’s a little surprising to learn they’re about to build a $35 million water park.

“You can never predict a drought,” Dublin parks director Paul McCreary told KPIX 5.

The city’s parks director said the recreation and aquatic center will include indoor and outdoor pools and water slides. It’s been planned for 10 years now but got postponed when the economy tanked in 2007.

If I were investing in CA, instead of creating artificial water parks,
I'd invest in preserving natural parks as national landmarks.

I'd restore the Headwaters Forest, Elk River ecosystem and endangered wildlife.
Invest in student loans to create internships in longterm preservation to restore the ecosystem and wilderness.
And use the forest land and value of the natural wildlife to rebuild the economy, with that as the base. Instead of using Fort Knox and gold to back capital, use the cost that it takes to restore, maintain, protect the ecosystem and species, and bank against that, issuing notes to pay for education and create sustainable jobs.

Headwaters Elk River Trail

Last edited:
  • Banned
If I were investing in CA, instead of creating artificial water parks,
I'd invest in preserving natural parks as national landmarks.

Typical liberal BS. CA should be investing if kicking out the illegals. If there is a drought, the illegals are to blame. And if not they still need to go. THINK

If you bother to read the article you'll note that the water park has features that collect people's urine, perspiration, and saliva then filter it and re-introduce it into the water supply.

I cant comment on the draught, but the city is making this park to bring in outside money to their little city. It will also create a lot of jobs for the locals. Its an investment for them.

• Banned
I cant comment on the draught, but the city is making this park to bring in outside money to their little city. It will also create a lot of jobs for the locals. Its an investment for them.

HAHAHA. You pathetic moron. They're making the park cause the city leaders were paid huge bribes by the businesses building the park. It's more corporate welfare - like everything is.. Get your butt outta your head.

HAHAHA. You pathetic moron. They're making the park cause the city leaders were paid huge bribes by the businesses building the park. It's more corporate welfare - like everything is.. Get your butt outta your hread.
Did you make this fantasy up all by yourself, or do you actually have the names of the people involved in this supposed corruption? If you made this up yourself, you wont know any names, any dollar amounts, nothing. Lets see your evidence. If you have none, then YOU are the pathetic moron. Good luck, but we already both know you wont produce shit.

april 3 2015

Dublin is close to the Sacramento River area....but I agree that it is stupid at this time....wouldn't surprise me if this has been in the works for years....hard to just stop it like that.

april 3 2015

Dublin is close to the Sacramento River area....but I agree that it is stupid at this time....wouldn't surprise me if this has been in the works for years....hard to just stop it like that.
it is ....they have one going up in Garden Grove too about 2 miles from Disneyland....been going on for about a year now....and just cant see them stopping that...

People are still building pools for their private homes. If they have a place to go with lots of water, they are less likely to make a pool. That could mean a lot less private pools.

april 3 2015

Probably someone made the calculation that the water park will outlast the drought. Duh.

I would think a golf course uses that much water to never be seen again in about a single day.

Blaming the golfers again i see. Kick out the ten million illegals in the state (as the requries) and the water shortage will vanish overnight.

Forum List

Back