Caitlin Clark, Trash Talker

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Granted, she's not the only one. It may cause problems for her in the WNBA if she can't keep it under control. It also brings up the question, should leagues crack down on those who trash talk.

---Caitlin Clark gets brutally honest on trash talking---

Was SHE trash talking, or did she defend a teammate who was trash talking?

Trash talk is vulgar, classless, and unsportsmanlike. That it has infected women sports is truly disgusting.

Its Basketball not a church social... I like her killer mentality... if it was Black Mamba/Kobe no one would take a second look...
She is going to make the WNBA watchable as young up and coming players copy her attitude...

Granted, she's not the only one. It may cause problems for her in the WNBA if she can't keep it under control. It also brings up the question, should leagues crack down on those who trash talk.

---Caitlin Clark gets brutally honest on trash talking---

No. Let them talk. Apparently you never played sports.

Was SHE trash talking, or did she defend a teammate who was trash talking?

Trash talk is vulgar, classless, and unsportsmanlike. That it has infected women sports is truly disgusting.
You must not have played sports. The way to stop trash talking is to do i on the field or court. Make them shut up.

Its Basketball not a church social... I like her killer mentality... if it was Black Mamba/Kobe no one would take a second look...
She is going to make the WNBA watchable as young up and coming players copy her attitude...
The WNBA has been plenty watchable for me. And white dudes have talked trash for years, it wasn't until blacks started talking did people start whining about how terrible trash talk was. Larry Bird was one of the greatest trash talkers ever. And nobody white said shit. But Clark is a woman, and women are supposed to be meek and quiet. All I'm going to say is this, the WBNA is full of CaItlIn Clarks. Brianna Stewart won 4 national championships, 4 finals MVPS and 3 National player of the years and everybody is taking abut Caitin Clark. Please. Candace Parker, another one. Griner, another one. I can keep going. Clark is a rookie, and she's going to get taught some lessons.

No. Let them talk. Apparently you never played sports.
This is women's sports. The fairer sex. They are now educated to e manlike. This while men are emasculated to degree. Unfortunately, parts of the world are not with the program, and they will be the new world rulers at some point.

I think this is more a man woman thing.

The WNBA has been plenty watchable for me. And white dudes have talked trash for years, it wasn't until blacks started talking did people start whining about how terrible trash talk was. Larry Bird was one of the greatest trash talkers ever. And nobody white said shit. But Clark is a woman, and women are supposed to be meek and quiet. All I'm going to say is this, the WBNA is full of CaItlIn Clarks. Brianna Stewart won 4 national championships, 4 finals MVPS and 3 National player of the years and everybody is taking abut Caitin Clark. Please. Candace Parker, another one. Griner, another one. I can keep going. Clark is a rookie, and she's going to get taught some lessons.
Who is complaining about men trash talking regardless of their skin color? And I find it hard to believe Bird was the first guy to trash talk on a basketball court.

I think this is more a man woman thing.
Its just an emotional sport... a lot of elbows and knees get thrown and words get said... for the first time in my memory of woman's college basketball we have rivals and its good for the sport...

Its just an emotional sport... a lot of elbows and knees get thrown and words get said... for the first time in my memory of woman's college basketball we have rivals and its good for the sport...
Sure. I have no issue with these women talking shit to each other. They are competing its part of it. People who think it doesnt/shouldnt have never competed certainly not at a high level.

Don't you think Clark has helped?....

Clark and this group of women's teams have re-energized and polished up the sport.

Reese , like you is just a thug. Nothing more.

Who is complaining about men trash talking regardless of their skin color? And I find it hard to believe Bird was the first guy to trash talk on a basketball court.
Bird was not the first, but no one denigrated Bird for trash talking while black players got dogged. In college football they made a rule because blsck layers celebrated. So yes, there have been such complaints.

Bird was not the first, but no one denigrated Bird for trash talking while black players got dogged. In college football they made a rule because blsck layers celebrated. So yes, there have been such complaints.
Who gets dogged for trash talking? Excessive celebration is what the rule is about. There’s a difference between talking trash between players and throwing it in your opponent’s face for everyone to see. The NCAA is trying to keep violence/cheap shots/unsportsmanlike conduct between players to a minimum. The reason for that is 2 fold. Player safety and fans don’t like it. Both are bad for business

Who gets dogged for trash talking? Excessive celebration is what the rule is about. There’s a difference between talking trash between players and throwing it in your opponent’s face for everyone to see. The NCAA is trying to keep violence/cheap shots/unsportsmanlike conduct between players to a minimum. The reason for that is 2 fold. Player safety and fans don’t like it. Both are bad for business

The difference is class, some have it, most.....like IM2 do not. I coached for a very long time. NO trash talking, NO disputes with Umpires or Refs and NO excessive celebration. I Reffed and umped for 10 for 34 years, if they were too vocal bad things (within the rules) happened.

The WNBA has been plenty watchable for me.
By the data, you're in the radical minority. Good for you, but don't lash out and get butthurt against those who don't watch.
And white dudes have talked trash for years, it wasn't until blacks started talking did people start whining about how terrible trash talk was.
You can't prove that, you just made that up.
the WBNA is full of CaItlIn Clarks.
We will see. The fact that you're making conclusions, along with your other statements, leads me to believe that you're merely proclaiming your hopes, not referencing anything objective.

There have been a ton of men's NCAA players who got tons of hype in college and who didn't do jack, or were far less stature, in the NBA. Jimmer Fredette, Adam Morrison, Christian Laettner, Miles Simon, Ed O'Bannon.. the list is long. These players got MASSIVE hype and coverage, but failed to maintain the same success as they moved on. Just because they were promoted doesn't mean it was because of their skin color.

You probably just are bothered that a uniquely skilled "Steph Curry-esque" woman is elevating the game but happens to be white. You're going the cliche woke route and bringing race into it when it has nothing to do with race. Curry has never been the best player in the league, but he's often provided the most outstanding shots/moments. There's a difference.

Forum List

Back