🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Cali-Care passes senate, with no clue how to fund it

A legislative analysis said that about $200 billion could be raised from a new 15 percent payroll tax, which would require a two-thirds vote from both houses.

Holy Shit! I am glad I don't live in California!

Some other bills that passed their houses this week include:

SB10, by Sen. Bob Hertzberg, D-Van Nuys (Los Angeles County), would eliminate jail time for people accused of non-violent offenses who are awaiting trial. The bill seeks to address a bail system that critics argue penalizes the poor, who often are incarcerated while awaiting trial because they cannot afford bail. SB10 passed the Senate and heads to the Assembly.

• SB149, by Sen. Mike McGuire, D-Healdsburg, and Sen. Scott Wiener, D-San Francisco, would require presidential candidates to release the last five years of their tax returns in order to appear on the California ballot. The bill is a response to President Trump refusing to release his tax returns. The bill passed the Senate and heads to the Assembly.

• SB239, by Wiener and Assemblyman Todd Gloria, D-San Diego, would reduce from a felony to a misdemeanor the crime of willfully transmitting HIV. The bill passed the Senate and moves to the Assembly for consideration.

SB179, by Sen. Toni Atkins, D-San Diego, would create a third gender option on driver’s licenses and birth certificates for “nonbinary” people who do not identify as either male or female. The bill passed the Senate and heads to the Assembly.

• SB30 , by Lara, would ban the state from working with companies on the construction of Trump’s proposed border wall. Lara said Thursday that he believes the wall will never be financed and thus will never be built, making the bill more about standing up to the Trump administration and its policies. The bill passed the Senate and heads to the Assembly.

AB932, by Assemblyman Phil Ting, D-San Francisco, seeks to reduce regulatory delays on housing for the homeless by allowing San Francisco and San Diego to create their own own local standards instead of following state and local building, housing, health and safety laws during a shelter crisis. Other cities could sign on as well. The bill unanimously passed the Assembly and heads to the Senate.

SB384, by Wiener, would allow cities to extend alcohol sales to 4 a.m. The nightlife bill passed the Senate and now heads to the Assembly.

AB73, by Assemblyman David Chiu, D-San Francisco, would give local governments money to increase housing near public transportation. The amount set aside would be subject to budget negotiations. The bill passed the Assembly and heads to the Senate.

• AB1120, by Assemblyman Jim Cooper, D-Elk Grove (Sacramento County), would require retailers who sell butane to keep certain information about the purchaser. Butane is a colorless and odorless liquid that can be used to make hash oil. The flammable material has caused explosions in homes and apartments where the THC-laden hash has been made. The bill passed the Assembly and heads to the Senate.

Its like living in another world! Harm someone WILLINGLY with the aids virus? Nah no prison for you! Just sick.....half of them are unconstitutional including the tax return release and the banning companies in state from working on Trumps wall.

..half of them are unconstitutional including the tax return release and the banning companies in state from working on Trumps wall.
No problem. It'll just cause companies who want to work on the wall, to move to Arizona or NM, and work from there. Or at least open an office in one of those states and call it their "headquarters". Bye-bye tax base from those companies to PRCalifornia. Nice job as usual, Califunny Democrats!

With GDP/debt ratio of over 100%, running right over the cliff Greece style, California decides... it's not enough yet!

I suppose, if you are going out, might as well do so with a bang. I have no idea who is stupid enough to borrow them the money though.

Uh huh. Thats about right.

A. Come up with utopian idea
B. No idea of how to implement utopian idea because.......its alice in wonderland shit.
C. Taxpayers end up fleeced for another worthless law that benefits no one.

With GDP/debt ratio of over 100%, running right over the cliff Greece style, California decides... it's not enough yet!

I suppose, if you are going out, might as well do so with a bang. I have no idea who is stupid enough to borrow them the money though.

Why do you think they are called yield whores? I expect the next rate hike by the Fed scheduled for Sept. to start the unraveling.

Forum List

Back