Calif AG prosecutes employers who help federal immigration authorities as they seek to enforce laws

Classic cases of obstruction of justice. Maybe they'll share a cell with Bubba.

Calif AG prosecutes employers who help federal immigration authorities as they seek to enforce laws

There are state laws and there are federal laws. One who violates either is subject to prosecution, fines, or whatever penalty is specified by any given law. (FWIW, any law that criminalizes something also indicates what be the penalty(s) (or range thereof) for being found guilty of violating that particular law in the jurisdiction in which it has been enacted.)

I'll state too that I don't really understand the legal footing by which various jurisdictions can function as so-called "sanctuary cities/states" and not be in violation of 8 U.S. Code § 1324, but apparently there is some means by which they can and do.

Be that as it may, I really don't care one way or the other about "sanctuary cities/states." I care only about what is obvious and has been empirically demonstrated as goes the net economic impact on U.S. GDP of illegal immigration/ immigrants. And I've already addressed that elsewhere on USMB.

Forum List

Back