California as a warning for America

I've always though CA should be split into two states. The reason the majority are Democrats is because of the three major cities, while there are hundreds of miles of agricultural and desert communities which are Republican strongholds, but don't have the sheer numbers to overcome the majority of Democrats in and around the metropolises. Those three cities (perhaps San Diego shouldn't really be included) attract all sorts of people with personal causes that they believe Democrats are more sympathetic to, as well as huge percentage of legal Mexicans who continue to live below the poverty line.

That's about right when it comes to the voting I suppose Maggie in California, but as I have indicated, to simply blame the Gov. for Californias ills is to dismiss a whole host of problems most of which have been listed here. One thing that I am constantly amazed at when it comes to California is the number of people who complain about the budget mess there, and a number of other things, then turn around and continue to vote especially in the large metro areas for the same represenation and hope that somehow it will change. Take for instance The Speakers district, her main competetion in that district I dare say will not be a Republican but will be from someone more left than she is, and someone in favor of more spending and more legislation. Your talking about a district in which it has so much time on it's hands that it passes laws to regulate everything from radiation in cell phones, to paying for commercials on Air to encourage the fact that one city will in fact harbor illegals. I had the rare privledge of living in California a few times during my career and can tell you each time, when it comes to California state Govt. you just had to shake your head. However, I will say that California, is one of the most beautiful states in the nation it's been my rare privledge to visit , well outside the smog congested highways of the major cities and what really I found striking is all that legislation in California has done nothing at all to help that. One more thing on a side note. as we drive to California a lot each year from here, and it may just be an observation, but I have noticed that California has some of the worst roads in the nation when it comes to repair and condition. Just take a ride on I-8 someday and you will instantly know by the road when you have reached California,.

What you are describing pretty much happens everywhere....not just California. People complain about representation...but keep electing their own representatives...from Maine to Alaska.

Thats very true.. you know it reminds me of the debate over term limits, and it would seem to me that the voters are the term limits and the only reason that the people in congress on both sides of the Isle that stay there is because the voters have not exercised that. It is surprising though, that someone would hope to change a system regardless of how you want it changed by the same people who for whatever reason led us into the mess. We can debate endlessly on who's fault it was, but would seem to me theses days' when you get right down too it, with the exception of a few there is not much difference between a democrat and republican when it comes to listening to those they represent. That is why I sometimes refer to them as Repuplicrats.

That's about right when it comes to the voting I suppose Maggie in California, but as I have indicated, to simply blame the Gov. for Californias ills is to dismiss a whole host of problems most of which have been listed here. One thing that I am constantly amazed at when it comes to California is the number of people who complain about the budget mess there, and a number of other things, then turn around and continue to vote especially in the large metro areas for the same represenation and hope that somehow it will change. Take for instance The Speakers district, her main competetion in that district I dare say will not be a Republican but will be from someone more left than she is, and someone in favor of more spending and more legislation. Your talking about a district in which it has so much time on it's hands that it passes laws to regulate everything from radiation in cell phones, to paying for commercials on Air to encourage the fact that one city will in fact harbor illegals. I had the rare privledge of living in California a few times during my career and can tell you each time, when it comes to California state Govt. you just had to shake your head. However, I will say that California, is one of the most beautiful states in the nation it's been my rare privledge to visit , well outside the smog congested highways of the major cities and what really I found striking is all that legislation in California has done nothing at all to help that. One more thing on a side note. as we drive to California a lot each year from here, and it may just be an observation, but I have noticed that California has some of the worst roads in the nation when it comes to repair and condition. Just take a ride on I-8 someday and you will instantly know by the road when you have reached California,.

What you are describing pretty much happens everywhere....not just California. People complain about representation...but keep electing their own representatives...from Maine to Alaska.

Thats very true.. you know it reminds me of the debate over term limits, and it would seem to me that the voters are the term limits and the only reason that the people in congress on both sides of the Isle that stay there is because the voters have not exercised that. It is surprising though, that someone would hope to change a system regardless of how you want it changed by the same people who for whatever reason led us into the mess. We can debate endlessly on who's fault it was, but would seem to me theses days' when you get right down too it, with the exception of a few there is not much difference between a democrat and republican when it comes to listening to those they represent. That is why I sometimes refer to them as Repuplicrats.

On that, we can agree, Navy.

yea because whats happening in this state makes me feel so happy for Democrats being in charge.....another typical California VOTER....you non-Cali folks getting the idea yet of why this state is going under?....

On October 8, 2003, California's voters elected Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor of California to straighten out the State's budget crisis. Back then, he said this:

"Today California has given me the greatest gift of all: You've given me your trust by voting for me. I will do everything I can to live up to that trust. I will not fail you."

So don't blame anybody but him that he did not succeed..
another example of a typical California voter....its ALL Arnies fault.....
who does he have to work with in Sacramento?.....yea i figured,you have no clue...do ya...and i think it has already been well established that Arnie caved in to those people 6 months into his term.....the same god damed people who have been fucking this state for the last decade....but Rinata you just keep on going out each election time and just keep on voting those same incompetent basterds back in.....because being a typical clueless apathetical California voter,i would not expect anything less of you....

You are a typical tea bagging jerk. I voted Republican only once in my life and that was for the current stupid Republican governor. So don't call me a typical voter. You know nothing about me. Take your little attitude and shove it.

Arnold is the governor. Nobody else. Why are you giving him a free pass?? As if I didn't know.

do you folks see what kind of voter is out here?....here they are....this dumb ass cant see that Arnie has now become one of the ASSHOLES screwing up this state.....this individual will go into a voting booth with the attitude..."well its Arnies fault,all these other people cant get nothing done with him as Gov."......and vote for all the same incompetent jerks again....and walk out totally oblivious as to what she just did.....as Mr. Spock would say...."FASCINATING"....

You are an idiot!!! You know nothing of what I think. Take your own inventory, you unhappy reject.

Harry, look who your talking about....rinata, bo, wry....hell, if hitler, or Mao were democrats they would vote for them, too.
These ARE the people who got Ca. in trouble. They know arnie is a RINO, but it's that "R". They forget that arnie doesn't legistlate, he just signs. it's the party in power with Ca. and that would be DEMOCRATS. They are the ones that LEGISLATE all the bullshit that gets passed in Ca.

OMG, now we are hearing from the head idiot. :lol:

harry, look who your talking about....rinata, bo, wry....hell, if hitler, or mao were democrats they would vote for them, too.

and you have proof that we would do such a thing? Or are you just an idiot who makes shit up because it somehow makes you look tough?

these are the people who got ca. In trouble. They know arnie is a rino, but it's that "r". They forget that arnie doesn't legistlate, he just signs. It's the party in power with ca. And that would be democrats. They are the ones that legislate all the bullshit that gets passed in ca.

we have republicans representing us in sacramento here in north san diego co. Maybe someday, when you actually learn something you will figure out that people are only allowed for vote for representatives from their own district....child.

Btw...our u.s. Representative is a republican too.

bingo!!!!!!

Harry, look who your talking about....rinata, bo, wry....hell, if hitler, or Mao were democrats they would vote for them, too.
These ARE the people who got Ca. in trouble. They know arnie is a RINO, but it's that "R". They forget that arnie doesn't legistlate, he just signs. it's the party in power with Ca. and that would be DEMOCRATS. They are the ones that LEGISLATE all the bullshit that gets passed in Ca.

What...don't like hearing the truth? :lol:
Ca. is screwed up because of you, and people just like you...ya goofball.

:blahblah:

On October 8, 2003, California's voters elected Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor of California to straighten out the State's budget crisis. Back then, he said this:

"Today California has given me the greatest gift of all: You've given me your trust by voting for me. I will do everything I can to live up to that trust. I will not fail you."

So don't blame anybody but him that he did not succeed..
who does he have to work with in Sacramento?.....yea i figured,you have no clue...do ya...and i think it has already been well established that Arnie caved in to those people 6 months into his term.....the same god damed people who have been fucking this state for the last decade....but Rinata you just keep on going out each election time and just keep on voting those same incompetent basterds back in.....because being a typical clueless apathetical California voter,i would not expect anything less of you....

You are a typical tea bagging jerk. I voted Republican only once in my life and that was for the current stupid Republican governor. So don't call me a typical voter. You know nothing about me. Take your little attitude and shove it.

tsk tsk tsk,,, little temper there honey bunny???

And your firm evidence of that is..............?

I suggest you read what Harry said in his post. Maybe you got confused. He was the one with the temper tantrum, not I. Some people just can't deal with the truth.

Now let's see which one of you loser bag heads answers this post with your swearing and name calling. :eusa_think:

Thank God you are not the majority and probably never will be again ever.

yea because whats happening in this state makes me feel so happy for Democrats being in charge.....another typical California VOTER....you non-Cali folks getting the idea yet of why this state is going under?....
Yep. Sure do. And those of like-mind are in charge in DC, and if not voted OUT? The rest of this Republic will resemble California. *I'll have NO part of it*

I suggest you read what Harry said in his post. Maybe you got confused. He was the one with the temper tantrum, not I. Some people just can't deal with the truth.

Now let's see which one of you loser bag heads answers this post with your swearing and name calling. :eusa_think:

Have I sworn at you? Have I called you a loser bag head? or any other name????? mirror mirror on the wall who's the meanest one of all? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And your firm evidence of that is..............?

You and rinata are the only things transparent about this democratic party. :razz:

And your firm, factual evidence of that is.........?

You people keep voting for a democrat in Ca.
They have no fiscal responsibility in that state. The deficit keeps rising, and they want to tax individuals even more. Right now Ca. is only behind New York in highest State Income Tax. Yet there you are, bo....rinata keep voting them in. Sorry for you to have to live in a republican district, rinata. I know you vote democrat...you two can't admit that it's the liberal ways that help get this state into the position it's in. Yes, illegals don't help the situation, but it's the democrats that are perpetuating the problem in that state. Look at the santuary cities, democrat mayors in both of the major cities that have it. I've already addressed the RINO gov. Most of the republicans politicians in Ca.are just a little better than the dems, you people are going to have to figure it out at the polls.
McClintock is laughed at by the other politicians, and he's probably the only fiscally conservative in the legislature...unless he's termed out...I can't remember.
Businesses are leaving the state for other states and overseas because they are more business friendly than Ca., and their taxing system. Might want to look beyond the "D", or the "R", and actually start looking what really needs to be done in your state.
In the county where I live in Idaho, 65% of the residence are ex Californians....can you guess why? None that I have met up here are democrats, and all that I have met haven't regretted moving up here.

Forum List

Back