California drivers brace for costly new gas tax

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
California drivers brace for costly new gas tax
Fox News ^ | 8/27/2014 | William La Jeunesse and Laura Prabucki
http://www.freerepublic.com/~bkopto/
Californians already pay the nation's second highest gas tax at 68 cents a gallon -- and now it will go up again in January to pay for a first-in-the-nation climate change law. ... Estimates of the cost of the tax vary. The California Air Resources Board, the Golden State's premier anti-pollution agency, predicts the new tax will raise gasoline prices from 20 cents to $1.30 per gallon. A prominent state senator who helped author the bill estimated the cost at 40 cents a gallon. Environmental activists downplay the cost, but hail the impact.

"We're going to now tackle probably 40 percent of greenhouse gas emissions in the state that are emitted mostly through transportation - oil and gas use," said Climate Resolve Executive Director Jonathan Parfrey.

The cost of the climate change law never was spelled out in the original bill in 2010, which did not even include transportation fuels.But any meaningful climate change law would have to address driving, the state's largest single source of pollution. By raising the price, officials hope to reduce the number of miles driven as consumers are forced to consider options.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

The Mexican Prez called California another Mexico........Bet the Democrats there were absolutely thrilled.

I read that, and although we have made jokes about "Mexifornia" for years, hearing Mexico's president practically make a claim for the state is chilling.
Of course good old Jerry Brown is quick to oblige.

Have I told you lately how much I hate liberals ?

Squeezing people for every penny they can get from them...
Because we just aren't paying our "fair share"...
I'm sure Lizzie Warren loves this.

I still hope the liberal wacks will stay there though after they chase jobs away......................

Don't need there kind in other areas of the country anyway.

Forum List

Back