California Is Burning - Again

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
This time it's Lassen County - Northern Californicia that's in flames.

Evacuations are the order of the day:

Are there special provisions in that idiot's paradise to allow fighting fires? Article suggests somebody's trying to stop it but they better stay at least six feet apart! Smoke, however, is one valid reason for wearing that mask!

Are there special provisions in that idiot's paradise to allow fighting fires? Article suggests somebody's trying to stop it but they better stay at least six feet apart! Smoke, however, is one valid reason for wearing that mask!

It's not called shake and bake for nothing. It's been that way for thousands upon thousands of years. Yet every frighin summer they act like its something totally new,

Seems like they are always burning out of control somewhere. Don't they have a fire season anymore or is it that the annual fire season is maybe 360 days long?

Seems like they are always burning out of control somewhere. Don't they have a fire season anymore or is it that the annual fire season is maybe 360 days long?

Ummmm, no, it is still the normal fire season. And we are right in the middle of it. I have smoke from this fire all around me.

Ummmm, no, it is still the normal fire season. And we are right in the middle of it. I have smoke from this fire all around me.
Surely you guys aren't going to listen to Dumb Donnie and start raking your forests. By now, I figured your state, power suppliers and US forest services have tried everything else that was normal. Be careful over there. Fire in those hill is a dangerous situation.

Surely you guys aren't going to listen to Dumb Donnie and start raking your forests. By now, I figured your state, power suppliers and US forest services have tried everything else that was normal. Be careful over there. Fire in those hill is a dangerous situation.

I live in a region that has strict government control of the forest. The policy they follow ensures that forest fires become raging infernos.

I suggest you educate yourself on the subject because you are ignorant of the reality of living in the forest.

Surely these clowns would wake up and learn to manage their resources and save themselves billions and billions of dollar, not to mention the lossed lives, every year. But no, they make idiotic claims of 'raking a forest' as some asinine argument.

In CA we can't clear dead wood and brush from "environmentally sensitive" areas...thus they burn taking peoples homes with them....the leadership of CA should be temporarily taken over by the feds so the state can be saved....the dems have rigged the voting system in CA and because of that we are stuck in libtard hell....every damn thing the libs want they got in CA....and because of that we are dying out here.....

What is really amusing (so amusing it makes a sane man cry) is that California has a HUGE homeless and welfare community.

If they offer food, shelter, and training in forestry in return for clearing underbrush and overgrowth should appeal to them, but if not, then it should be mandatory. After all, if you can demand people wear masks for the 'good of the population', then you can demand they help keep the environment clean and safe.

Maybe they can burn off some of the COVID-19.

I live in a region that has strict government control of the forest. The policy they follow ensures that forest fires become raging infernos.

I suggest you educate yourself on the subject because you are ignorant of the reality of living in the forest.
I don't live in a forest and if I did near here, it is not as dry nor hilly/mountainous as I suspect your area is, so doubt I will ever be as familiar as you guys that live in it. No surprise there. What policy does the US Forest Service enforce that makes it certain to burn?

I don't live in a forest and if I did near here, it is not as dry nor hilly/mountainous as I suspect your area is, so doubt I will ever be as familiar as you guys that live in it. No surprise there. What policy does the US Forest Service enforce that makes it certain to burn?

The policy is to leave deadfall alone. The fuel load builds to a point where instead of a healthy ground cover fire, the fuel load causes the fire to jump into the crown of the forest.

This is all online. You should read some.

Surely these clowns would wake up and learn to manage their resources and save themselves billions and billions of dollar, not to mention the lossed lives, every year. But no, they make idiotic claims of 'raking a forest' as some asinine argument.
The raking thing was from Donnie, I pitched out as a bad joke. Donnie blames the state. The state blames the US Forest service, power companies, arsonists and dumb asses. We probably do not understand the problem any more the they understand people getting wiped out along the Mississippi river and frequently rebuilding with government emergency aide.

So you too are an idiot. Underbrush is the fuel.

So you too are an idiot. Underbrush is the fuel.
I know that, but what can you do about it. Donnie's raking is stupidity and not to be taken seriously. I can say that, I do not remember hearing of this many fires out there 40 years ago.

Word! California listened to stupid environmentalists and wouldn't allow the thinning out of old growth trees and underbrush with the result being California went up in flames like a rag soaked in gasoline.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they hadn't learned their lesson. Gavin Newsom is king of the morons.

I lived in California for decades and there has always been a fire season. I worked for the CDF myself one summer. Trimming out the old brittle growth was always part of fire control strategy until recently.
Handing the state over to leftists has many disastrous consequences.

The policy is to leave deadfall alone. The fuel load builds to a point where instead of a healthy ground cover fire, the fuel load causes the fire to jump into the crown of the forest.

Yep...
Low level ground fires are good for the forests.
If you're not going to allow natural burns you have to clear it.
Simple as that.

Added to the fact that housing is moving further and further into areas that were previously all wild, and you have a setup for more fires, and more damaging fires.

And as an added benefit, if you are up against the mountains or near a wet/dry river system, you get to deal with debris flows when the rains come.

Word! California listened to stupid environmentalists and wouldn't allow the thinning out of old growth trees and underbrush with the result being California went up in flames like a rag soaked in gasoline.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they hadn't learned their lesson. Gavin Newsom is king of the morons.
People right here on this board that live there say most of the forests there are under control of US Forest service, not the environmental wackos.

Forum List

Back