California Is Burning - Again

I live in a region that has strict government control of the forest. The policy they follow ensures that forest fires become raging infernos.

I suggest you educate yourself on the subject because you are ignorant of the reality of living in the forest.
Word! California listened to stupid environmentalists and wouldn't allow the thinning out of old growth trees and underbrush with the result being California went up in flames like a rag soaked in gasoline.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they hadn't learned their lesson. Gavin Newsom is king of the morons.
People right here on this board that live there say most of the forests there are under control of US Forest service, not the environmental wackos.

And who do you think controls the forest service?

I live in a region that has strict government control of the forest. The policy they follow ensures that forest fires become raging infernos.

I suggest you educate yourself on the subject because you are ignorant of the reality of living in the forest.
Word! California listened to stupid environmentalists and wouldn't allow the thinning out of old growth trees and underbrush with the result being California went up in flames like a rag soaked in gasoline.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they hadn't learned their lesson. Gavin Newsom is king of the morons.
People right here on this board that live there say most of the forests there are under control of US Forest service, not the environmental wackos.

Federal Government? Wait a minute. You saying the have the same problem we have here, only it is not being allowed to drain wetlands that were dry land a hundred yeas ago, so now the state justs keep raising roadbeds and and repairing/raising bridges and giving up more land to meandering streams and annual flooding so the duck hunter can have more natural hunting?

Last edited:
This time it's Lassen County - Northern Californicia that's in flames.

Evacuations are the order of the day:

Are there special provisions in that idiot's paradise to allow fighting fires? Article suggests somebody's trying to stop it but they better stay at least six feet apart! Smoke, however, is one valid reason for wearing that mask!
Seems like they are always burning out of control somewhere. Don't they have a fire season anymore or is it that the annual fire season is maybe 360 days long?

Ummmm, no, it is still the normal fire season. And we are right in the middle of it. I have smoke from this fire all around me.
Surely you guys aren't going to listen to Dumb Donnie and start raking your forests. By now, I figured your state, power suppliers and US forest services have tried everything else that was normal. Be careful over there. Fire in those hill is a dangerous situation.
Surely these clowns would wake up and learn to manage their resources and save themselves billions and billions of dollar, not to mention the lossed lives, every year. But no, they make idiotic claims of 'raking a forest' as some asinine argument.
The raking thing was from Donnie, I pitched out as a bad joke. Donnie blames the state. The state blames the US Forest service, power companies, arsonists and dumb asses. We probably do not understand the problem any more the they understand people getting wiped out along the Mississippi river and frequently rebuilding with government emergency aide.
Donnie doesn't blame anyone. He stated that the State of California could alleviate these disasters with common sense land management. They chose to be contrarian (why, because Trump).

I understand the problem very well, and the solution is to begin phasing in a whole management concept of land management, which is centered around reducing the fuel that causes catastrophic fires. They can also work better on managing water resources and wildlife through this land management.

But they like to talk a good game while putting monetary resources toward marginalizing US Citizens.

Well the disastrous fires of a couple of years ago were investigated and judged to due to California's PG&E
not trimming back old dead growth from power lines creating a tinderbox situation.

I don't know which people right here are putting out disinformation, or misinformation, but they ought to get their story right and that goes for you too. Investigators confirm that PG&E power lines started the deadly Camp Fire

Federal Government? Wait a minute. You saying the have the same problem we have here, only it is not being allowed to drain wetlands that were dry land a hundred yeas ago, so now the state justs keep raising roadbeds and and repairing/raising bridges and giving up more land to meandering streams and annual flooding so the duck hunter can have more natural hunting?

The gov controls around half of the forests in California.

It doesn't rain in California during summer ... never has and never will ... it's called "climate" ...

Wildfires are normal for the environment ... a few tree species require fires to burn through to release the seeds from the cones ... conveniently as soon as the canopy opens up ...

Anyway ... Oregon avoids most of this by making it illegal to build homes in the woods ... part of our draconian land use laws ...

The problem simply stated is that we have two Federal laws ... one that mandates a certain amount of timber harvest and another that requires we protect endangered species ... they are mutually exclusive, there is no balance, either we grossly violate one, or we grossly violate the other ... anytime we pick up a chainsaw, we have to stand there and wait 5 to 10 years for the Federal courts to figure it out ...

Only Congress can correct this ... and they haven't even looked at it for over 50 years ... "log 'em or watch 'em burn" ...

Well the disastrous fires of a couple of years ago were investigated and judged to due to California's PG&E
not trimming back old dead growth from power lines creating a tinderbox situation.

I don't know which people right here are putting out disinformation, or misinformation, but they ought to get their story right and that goes for you too. Investigators confirm that PG&E power lines started the deadly Camp Fire
I'm not putting out info on this one, as I am 2000 miles away and unlikely to have an answer, just asking, since somebody brought it up. Many of the Californian on here are more on the normal side of what the rest of the country understands many Californians to be. They know the skinny on their crap better than we do, as they live with it and we just laugh and say, there they go again.

back in the 80's the forrest service wanted to clear the dead brush that was around the cities in the forested areas,the environmentalist stopped them from doing that....

From loony-tunes eco-wacko website "California Forest Statistics" -- Forests Unlimited -- no date:

57% --- Federal forest lands
3% --- State forest lands
40% --- Privately held forest lands

back in the 80's the forrest service wanted to clear the dead brush that was around the cities in the forested areas,the environmentalist stopped them from doing that....
You are actually from California and you are saying the environmental wackos really do have huge misguided sway or Federal forest mgt there. The Feds are not known for being responsive to local control, at least in the rest of the country. I could understand in a National Park, but in forests surrounding homestead, subdivisions and small towns and communities, you would think they would better priorities.

Are there special provisions in that idiot's paradise to allow fighting fires? Article suggests somebody's trying to stop it but they better stay at least six feet apart! Smoke, however, is one valid reason for wearing that mask!
Libtards don't like anyone removin

Libtards don't like anyone removing the dead brush from their forest. It's a green thing and besides who cares about California with it's leftist and assorted nuts. God don.t like fags, he put that fault line there for a reason. and I DESERVE WATER FRONT PROPERTY.

Seems like they are always burning out of control somewhere. Don't they have a fire season anymore or is it that the annual fire season is maybe 360 days long?

Ummmm, no, it is still the normal fire season. And we are right in the middle of it. I have smoke from this fire all around me.
Surely you guys aren't going to listen to Dumb Donnie and start raking your forests. By now, I figured your state, power suppliers and US forest services have tried everything else that was normal. Be careful over there. Fire in those hill is a dangerous situation.
So you too are an idiot. Underbrush is the fuel.
I know that, but what can you do about it. Donnie's raking is stupidity and not to be taken seriously. I can say that, I do not remember hearing of this many fires out there 40 years ago.

Then you should let google do your research for you. What you "heard" and what has been happening since time began are very different. That's why your memories are useless in a scientific endeavor. That is why we have RECORDS. You should look them up.

I know that, but what can you do about it. Donnie's raking is stupidity and not to be taken seriously. I can say that, I do not remember hearing of this many fires out there 40 years ago.
When I lived in Colorado we cleared dead brush in the woods annually on our property. Then we burned it

Raking is a figure of speech

It doesn't rain in California during summer ... never has and never will ... it's called "climate" ...

Wildfires are normal for the environment ... a few tree species require fires to burn through to release the seeds from the cones ... conveniently as soon as the canopy opens up ...

Anyway ... Oregon avoids most of this by making it illegal to build homes in the woods ... part of our draconian land use laws ...

The problem simply stated is that we have two Federal laws ... one that mandates a certain amount of timber harvest and another that requires we protect endangered species ... they are mutually exclusive, there is no balance, either we grossly violate one, or we grossly violate the other ... anytime we pick up a chainsaw, we have to stand there and wait 5 to 10 years for the Federal courts to figure it out ...

Only Congress can correct this ... and they haven't even looked at it for over 50 years ... "log 'em or watch 'em burn" ...

Ummm, we just had a nice thunderstorm yesterday. Dropped lots of rain. It was a lightning strike (from the aformentioned thunderstorm) that started the fire in the first place.

Internet. 24 hour news cycle.

Yes, started. However it is the policy of allowing deadfall to accumulate that caused the fire to become a firestorm. That is what we are talking about. if the underbrush were allowed to be cleared away, the Paradise fire wouldn't have blown up into the raging inferno that it did.

Try and keep up with the discussion.

Probably true. Be sure and let us know if the Pennyrile goes up in flames.

Wondering why one seldom hears of massive wildfires in Europe?

Some years ago I spent some time in Germany's Black Forest. Most impressive - the tidiness of the whole area. Underbrush trimmed away and cleaned up.

They take care of their forests.

Don't expect California to learn anything. It's a Democrat start. Learning has long since been abandoned in favour of indoctrination.

Probably true. Be sure and let us know if the Pennyrile goes up in flames.

Not so far! :cow:

I don't live in a forest and if I did near here, it is not as dry nor hilly/mountainous as I suspect your area is, so doubt I will ever be as familiar as you guys that live in it. No surprise there. What policy does the US Forest Service enforce that makes it certain to burn?

The policy is to leave deadfall alone. The fuel load builds to a point where instead of a healthy ground cover fire, the fuel load causes the fire to jump into the crown of the forest.

This is all online. You should read some.

You're interfering with his TDS to blame Trump for Kookyfornia's fails

Forum List

Back