California law makers want to remove time limitations, rape accusations

Frightening isn't it. What makes you think it needs to be an angry ex girlfriend. It could be someone you don't even know.

California weighs changing rape statute after Cosby claims

California law makers want to remove time limitations on rape accusations, inspired by the phony changes against Bill cosby

can you imagine?
30 years later you're married and watching TV and some angry ex-girlfriend files rape charges against you.

gonna be interesting how they intend to prove a rape accusation from 30 years earlier.

I am mixed on this:
1. I despise rapist and I don't like that one can get away because of a technicality.
2. However most states have 10 ur SOL. That is a pretty significant time to press charges.
3. False rape accusations ruin lives even if the person is obviously innocent, like the Duke LaCrosse team. There MUST be penalties for false accusations l.
4.There should definitely be a different standard for kids that are raped.

Here is what I want:
(1) 15 yr SOL, unless the accused has in some way prohibited the accuser from pressing charges.
(2) If the alleged rap occurred to a minor (under the age of 18), then the SOL ends 30 yrs after the accused reaches the age of majority (18).
(3) False rape accusations lead to a minimum sentence of 5 yrs and the accuser must pay the accused legal fees. This is just the accused winning. Rather it must be proven Beyond a reasonable doubt the accuser entered a false claim.

I'm kind of divided on this. On one hand rape is a serious crime so why shouldn't people be held accountable for it even if it did happen twenty or thirty years ago. On the other hand, accusers can lie to get someone in trouble and defending yourself thirty years after the fact can be extremely difficult.

I like the NRA version better. If you have been raped then you can shoot the guy who did it. I'm not joking about this because a lot of rapist probably rely on the fact that they can get away with it because of the shame aspect of it. The victim can simply shoot the asshole that did it. It would be up to her to prove she was raped in her murder trial but think of the deterrent that would create. If you knew you could get killed by your victim... I like that.

The statute of limitations is just fine. 50 year old victims just now coming forward are out of luck.

Last edited:

California law makers want to remove time limitations on rape accusations, inspired by the phony changes against Bill cosby

can you imagine?
30 years later you're married and watching TV and some angry ex-girlfriend files rape charges against you.

gonna be interesting how they intend to prove a rape accusation from 30 years earlier.

bill clinton could be in trouble if they do this....

There must be proof as in any legal case. Witnesses, evidence. No accusation should even be processed otherwise. Where such proof can be provided, then a statute of limitations of 20 or 30 years is fine, although hard to imagine necessary.

I might be ok with this if the simultaneously pass a law that says if you make false accusations of rape you get locked up for a very long time.

If you two haven't raped anyone, what are you worried about?
Just shut up.

Laws like this are the reasons liberals are considered people with mental disorders
Only by people with serious mental disorders. Hint: look in the mirror
What special kind of dumbfuck does it take to not realize they've been raped for years?

Only the left could endorse an asinine law like this. When I look in the mirror you know what I see? A person who is not dumb enough to support a liberal agenda.

You people truly are a special kind of retard.

can you imagine?

The victims of such false charges will mostly be men who managed to become wealthy. Dems always view them as the enemy, so this bill is no surprise.

Forum List

Back