California Leg. OKs funding for high-speed rail line

:cuckoo: This will be the worlds slowest & most expensive high speed train. :lol:

They should have followed Elon Musk's plan & make it go 10 times faster & build it for a tenth the cost. He lowered the price of US travel to the space station by 90%. California should listen before they are the next Detroit..

There's no money, unless they borrow it (which they will). California is already $132 billion in debt. Flying is faster, safer, and you don't have to spend billions of dollars to build a rail.

Why would you need a link? All you need is simple math. Better yet just refer to the stupidity we call Kalifornian history.

I guess Europe, China, and Japan just don't understand.

The UK is beginning to understand that spending £80 billion - and rising - of HS2 (high speed 2 rail line from London to Birmingham and later Manchester) would be a monumental blunder. The project should be dropped and probably will be. Who need tto get to Birmingham, the ugliest city in England, 20 minuted quicker?

Railways: a great technology for the 1800's.

The proposed rail line goes from someplace no one wants to go, to someplace else that no one wants to go. It is a waste of money however, it is a way to get billions of dollars in government aid that can be siphoned off into someone's pocket.

In a few years all of those high speed trains will be outdated by the hyperloop anyway. There's nothing like an investment in outdated technology to make millionaires out of politicians.

Why would you need a link? All you need is simple math. Better yet just refer to the stupidity we call Kalifornian history.

do you mean like in the days 15 years ago or so were this States economy was carrying just about every State on its coat tails?...

How would there be international interests in a rail line that benefits a narrow corridor in California? Is pot-head Jerry planning on selling parts of the state?

California will no longer need a high speed rail due to the massive migration out of the state due their debt crisis. Reduced services & high taxes due to high debt payments pushes out business, jobs & people leaving no one with wealth to pay the interest on the debt. Just ask Detroit. Elon Musk's Hyper Loop cost a tenth as much, transports 10 times faster & will attract people. Financial burden of the currently undertaken slow rail system will drive people away even faster than they are fleeing today. 150,000 more people leave California every year than enter it. They have lost 1.5 million people over the last 10 years. Only the idiots will remain there to pay the debt payments for this disaster.

8701922930_e4490ef8eb_b.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to say it but Europeans have experienced the fact that a high speed rail line is a magnet for terrorism. There is no way a train could stop in time to avoid an obstruction.

I live in Northern California and my job often takes me to Southern California. I really wish there was an economical and fast way to travel back and forth.

You might think this is a bit high, but you can do it for $1.

$1 Express Bus Service From L.A. To Bay Area and Vegas is Back!: LAist
If one has 7 1/2 hours and $59.

$59 part sounds good but 7 1/2 hours part does not sound good.

There's no money, unless they borrow it (which they will). California is already $132 billion in debt. Flying is faster, safer, and you don't have to spend billions of dollars to build a rail.

Not true. If you want to fly between Los Angeles and San Francisco, by the time you are done with security and driving and parking at an airport, you have lost several hours already. We need a system where we get to a platform in LA, hop in a train and reach SF in couple of hours. It will be much better than the hassle of flying. This way you can commute home every weekend.

Forum List

Back