California: Man pulls gun on cops, opens fire; Cops win.

Sadly it said a cop was hurt. But not killed....much to the disappointment of Democrats.

Oh.. I keep getting sucked into these threads where someone lost their life but in the end... the tree in the forest analogy fits the bill

In other news.

Expect the Dodgers to cave right on cue

-Geaux

Oh.. I keep getting sucked into these threads where someone lost their life but in the end... the tree in the forest analogy fits the bill

In other news.

Expect the Dodgers to cave right on cue

-Geaux

Even if they win the division, the wild card team will come back and whip their asses.

Just about a year ago,
I set out on the road,
Seeking my fame and fortune,
Looking for a pot of gold.
Things got bad, and things got worse,
I guess you will know the tune.
Oh ! Lord, Shot in Lodi again.

Rode in on the Greyhound,
I'll be carried out if I go.
I was just passing through,
Must be seven months or more.
Ran out of time and money,
Looks like they took my friends.
Oh ! Lord, I'm shot in Lodi again.

The man from the Lodi PD said I was on my way.
Somewhere I lost connections, ran out of bullets to play.
I came into town, a one night stand,
Looks like my plans fell through
Mmmm...

If I only had a dollar, for ev'ry cop I've swung.
And ev'ry time I've had to pay
While people sat there drunk.
You know, I'd catch the next train back to where I live.

Just about a year ago,
I set out on the road,

Mmmm...

Dude, I just jammed that song about an hour ago throwing back a brew.

Direct TV the 60's was thumping

Dig it

-Geaux

Just about a year ago,
I set out on the road,

Mmmm...

Police Officer Shot In Lodi, California - Breaking911

Police officers at increased risk...

Ambushes of Officers On The Rise Again
Oct 28, 2015 | WASHINGTON — The number of ambushes of police officers has been creeping back up in recent years, creating concern among law enforcement officials at a time when relations between police and the communities they serve are particularly fraught.
The number of surprise assaults on police rose to about 250 incidents per year between 2008 and 2013, up from about 200 per year during the previous 10-year period, according to a Justice Department study released Tuesday. Those figures were still far lower than in the 1990s, when ambushes peaked one year above 500. The recent uptick has concerned officials. “In an era of strained community relations and struggles with police legitimacy, violence against police is of particular concern,” said Ronald L. Davis, director of community-oriented policing at the Justice Department. Police departments in urban areas have come under new scrutiny over their use of force against young back men since the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., in August 2014.

US_NEWS_NYPD_OFFICER_SLAIN_5_ND.5630e8b508bb2.jpg

The number of ambushes of police officers has been creeping back up in recent years, creating concern among law enforcement officials.​

FBI Director James B. Comey said in a speech last week that police officers may be responding to concerns of being videotaped by being less aggressive, allowing violent crime to increase. The White House and others quickly discounted that assessment. The report found a direct correlation between violent crime and ambushes against police, which it defined loosely as both premeditated traps and spontaneous but unexpected attacks. It described ambushes as assaults on police that are executed by surprise, from a position of concealment, and with overwhelming force. But to the embarrassment of the Justice Department, which has been heavily advocating community-oriented policing, the study also found a small statistical correlation suggesting that the number of ambushes was higher in places with a greater level of community-oriented policing activities.

It called the finding “confounding,” but asserted that “it is not within the realm of any plausible theory that community oriented policing is a contributing factor to violence against the police.” Rather, it said the correlation may be due to incomplete data or the fact that such policing techniques tend to be applied in communities where violence is already high. Factors that lowered the risk of police ambushes were higher education levels among police recruits and the use of cameras mounted on police cars, which provide a deterrent on both officer and citizen behavior, the report said. While the ambushes cited in the report included both fatal and non-fatal incidents, Davis expressed particular concern about the fatalities. “We know that the murder of a police officer in the line of duty is an assault on the entire community. However, when that murder is a result of an ambush, it also attacks the very foundation of our democracy,” he said.

Ambushes of Police Are On The Rise Again | Officer.com

See also:

After Shooting, Ky. PD Now Requires Vests
Oct 28, 2015 -- On the heels of a shooting in which a police officer nearly lost his life, changes are being made to protocols and procedures that affect the safety of Prestonsburg Police personnel.
Prestonsburg Police Chief Larry Woods says that following last week's shooting officers will now be required to wear bullet proof vests while on duty. Woods confirmed to Times Staff last Friday that Officer Adam Dixon was not wearing a vest at the time of the shooting. "He wasn't wearing one. The policy was left up to the officers, but that's changed," said Woods. "It has changed of this shooting. They will wear their vests in uniform and BDU. I just bought them all new vests." Woods couldn't say whether or not Dixon's gun shot injury would have been prevented with a vest. "Who knows, it was pretty high on his sternum. It cold have. Possibly could have, but who knows."

According to Police Chief Woods, the reason most often given for not wearing the vest is due to heat, particularly in the summer. "The excuse most officers have is its too hot. I'm guilty of it too." Woods said that as a Kentucky State Police trooper he would only put his vest on when he knew he was going to a bad call. "I would stop and throw my vest on. So I am guilty of it too, but from now on when I'm in uniform I will have a vest." According to Woods, the bullet proof vests are as important to an officer's safety as a seat belt. They offer added protection against knives, and in the event of a car accident.

Woods says that in light of the attacks on police officers nationwide over the last year, it has become increasingly important for officers to use every means at their disposal to provide for their safety. "The academy will teach you, how to approach a car, all this stuff. But facts are facts. a police officer is one of the easiest person's to kill if you want to kill a person," said Woods. "They can teach you all these things, but if someone wants to shoot you; you're shot." "Every instance is different. Were trying to teach them how to better protect themselves." When asked if he believed that Officer Dixon was lucky Woods said that he felt so. "Yes I would say that he is lucky. Could very well have gone through his sternum and killed him. Lucky it went in (only) so far."

After Shooting, Kentucky Police Department Now Requires Vests

Last edited:

Forum List

Back