California on verge of paying reparations

How can you have reparations if zero of the folks affected by slavery are alive today ??

How is it constitutional to force taxpayers to pay billions when they are not the culprits of slavery ??
/——-/ Perhaps this is just another head fake, false flag promise for the democrats base like Dementia Joe’s college tuition forgiveness scam. When challenged, it will most likely be declared unconstitutional. Then they blame Republicans.

Yes but not all were affected by it.

Many just read about it.
Jim Crow didn't leave my area completely until the seventies. To this day a majority of blacks live on one side the tracks the whites on the other. I don't know how Californians feel about their past. It almost seems like the wanna forget their own racist history against a lot more people than just blacks.

Jim Crow didn't leave my area completely until the seventies. To this day a majority of blacks live on one side the tracks the whites on the other. I don't know how Californians feel about their past. It almost seems like the wanna forget their own racist history against a lot more people than just blacks.
People living in seperate areas is not Jim Crow and yes it did leave long before the seventies.

jim Crow was a system of laws which was repelaed in the early sixties and was never nation wide to begin with

People living in seperate areas is not Jim Crow and yes it did leave long before the seventies.

jim Crow was a system of laws which was repelaed in the early sixties and was never nation wide to begin with
I know what the laws were. I remember blacks at the back door of the restaurant because old man Ford didn't let them use the front door Teachers making black kids sit on one side of the room. And the crosses the KKK burned down at the drive in on certain Saturday nights. All this in the seventies.

I know what the laws were. I remember blacks at the back door of the restaurant because old man Ford didn't let them use the front door Teachers making black kids sit on one side of the room. And the crosses the KKK burned down at the drive in on certain Saturday nights. All this in the seventies.
That was illegal in the seventies whether you like it or not'

But common practice. Laws don't mean a damn thing if they're not enforced.
Uncommon practice and they were not part of Jim Crow.

Jim crow laws MANDATED segregation and discrimination. People choosing to segregate or discriminate is not jim crow.

No one else is responsible for the actions of a criminal which is why none of what you describe is a basis for reperations

Uncommon practice and they were not part of Jim Crow.

Jim crow laws MANDATED segregation and discrimination. People choosing to segregate or discriminate is not jim crow.

No one else is responsible for the actions of a criminal which is why none of what you describe is a basis for reperations
I agree. but upon self reflection I've realized that some of the racial bigotry I have had is a result of living in that environment and I can't imagine being on the other side of it. reparations is a stupid idea. You can't throw money at something and then hope it goes away. Shit has happened in this countries past that were reprehensible and it should be taught and remembered so we don't do it to others in the future.

What do they call it when “reparations” are paid for by the tax dollars of the very recipients?

I agree. but upon self reflection I've realized that some of the racial bigotry I have had is a result of living in that environment and I can't imagine being on the other side of it. reparations is a stupid idea. You can't throw money at something and then hope it goes away. Shit has happened in this countries past that were reprehensible and it should be taught and remembered so we don't do it to others in the future.
It always has been taught

/——-/ I grew up in the segregated south in the 1950s. As a kid I never understood what it was all about. When my grandmother and I walked to town, Blacks were required to cross the street when white people were on the same sidewalk. She would call out something like, you don’t have to cross the street on my account. It’s your sidewalk too. They would often nod their head in thanks.
BTW, the town and state were run by democrats.

Forum List

Back