Call to move the Winter Olympics

A boycott WAS called for and it was for the persecution of Jews.

The Movement to Boycott the Berlin Olympics of 1936

But we never thought Germany and Hitler would "go that far".

a boycott of the olympics is not moving the olympics.

From the article you didn't read:

Brundage, like many others in the Olympic movement, initially considered moving the Games from Germany.

There was a ying and a yang in America. For and against. Jewish athletes in the end were given the option to participate or not.

One won Gold. I had this up last night.

The Olympics are to be above any political agenda. Otherwise lets have Amnesty International pick countries where the Olympics can be held.

And that is beyond ridiculous.

a boycott of the olympics is not moving the olympics.

Brundage, like many others in the Olympic movement, initially considered moving the Games from Germany.

There was a ying and a yang in America. For and against. Jewish athletes in the end were given the option to participate or not.

The Olympics are to be above any political agenda. Otherwise lets have Amnesty International pick countries where the Olympics can be held.

The Olympic Committee does. Many countries have been prohibited from participating. (Think South Africa and apartheid)

The Olympic Committee does. Many countries have been prohibited from participating. (Think South Africa and apartheid)

Have you two booked your flights to Russia yet? What is the gay community doing to boycott Russian businesses, etc? BTW- Your lord Odumbo said today in his news conference anyone who does a boycott of the Olympics is acting ridiculous and uncalled for.. I guess he doesn't agree with you guys either.. But he does hope some gay thletes win medals!! COMMUNITY ORGANIZER EXTRAORDINAIRE! lol

Have you two booked your flights to Russia yet? What is the gay community doing to boycott Russian businesses, etc? BTW- Your lord Odumbo said today in his news conference anyone who does a boycott of the Olympics is acting ridiculous and uncalled for.. I guess he doesn't agree with you guys either.. But he does hope some gay thletes win medals!! COMMUNITY ORGANIZER EXTRAORDINAIRE! lol

Exact quote where he said a boycott was "ridiculous"?

It's not the first, nor will it be the last, time I disagree with the President's opinion.

He isn't the one potentially being arrested and beaten in Russia.

More and more people and organizations are calling upon the IOC to move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia due to Russia's new laws on Homosexuality.

George Takei petitions: ?Move the 2014 Winter Olympics out of Russia? ? MSNBC

Stephen Fry: Move Olympics from anti-gay Russia | News.com.au

What do you think, considering that there are most likely gay athletes and spectators and Russia has threatened to arrest, detain, then deport anyone who even appears to support gays in any way.

the whole idea of the Olympics is to overcome and disregard political difference.....for the love of the games.

if gays want to say fuck you to russia....then they best get their asses in shape, win some medals and thumb their noses at russia. The very same way Blacks said fuck you to hitler and nazi germany in the '36 olympics.

The Nazi Olympics: Berlin 1936 | African American Athletes

Carter boycotted the 80 summer games....over the invasion of Afghanistan. I am not sure what real net affect it had on the USSR itself, but the athletes who had trained for years lost their chance to show their stuff. Then in 84 the USSR boycotted back...what came of it?

For an administration and its supporters that for instance said they would talk with anyone any time, and 'reached out' to entities whose civil rights records are horrid across the board, then sent their sec state to china on her first visit and said human rights were off the table submarining them for; " global economic crisis, the global climate change crisis and the security crisis."
Hillary Clinton to table human rights issues in China talks - Los Angeles Times

then there was-

"Your policy has been one which I fully understand -- I’m not second-guessing -- of one child per family".."

Biden Under Fire for ?Not Second-Guessing? China?s One-Child Policy - ABC News

I find this all a little to much, where was the outrage then? I remember the derision by some of the very same here when others said they thought those comments out of line, now?

We are supposed to boycott or ask that games be moved becasue Russia has an issue with gays rights?

...while those who say nothing.......do nothing.......

uhmmmm, if I recall you were quite happy to give Clinton a pass for signing DOMA and consigning gays to 'second class status' for another 17 years due to political expediency.......now you're all full of piss and vinegar? :eusa_eh:

They don't get medals just for being gay ?

Who the heck is that?

BTW...if you had been paying attention, there has NOT been a call for a boycott of the Olympics. There has been a call to MOVE the Olympics.

Move....not boycott. Let me say it again.....M O V E..........not B O Y C O T T. Thank you for paying attention to the difference.

Last edited:

:eusa_hand:

You're goin' down a road you don't wanna travel, amigo.

:eusa_shhh:

:eusa_hand:

You're goin' down a road you don't wanna travel, amigo.

:eusa_shhh:

whoa--gracias for the warning. :eusa_shifty:

So...did the Jews and Blacks want to control the 1936 Olympics?

Now we're comparing gays to the Jews? :lmao: Yeah...that's the same...

We are comparing how such things started. If you know your history, the Nazis started with the gays.....and not to many people complained....many even cheered. I begin to understand how those kinds of things were allowed to start.....

And it is telling how some here forget that the Nazis Holocaust happened to the gays of Europe too....not to the extent of the Jews....but gays too.

Has Russia recently torture or murder gays? Let's cut to the chase, the gays got a small victory in California for gay marriage. Now they want the Olympics... Anything to flaunt themselves in the spotlight.

We are comparing how such things started. If you know your history, the Nazis started with the gays.....and not to many people complained....many even cheered. I begin to understand how those kinds of things were allowed to start.....

And it is telling how some here forget that the Nazis Holocaust happened to the gays of Europe too....not to the extent of the Jews....but gays too.

Has Russia recently torture or murder gays? Let's cut to the chase, the gays got a small victory in California for gay marriage. Now they want the Olympics... Anything to flaunt themselves in the spotlight.

Vigilantes are. That's how it started in Germany...

Vigilantes are attacking gays all over the world. Russia has no corner on attacking gays. It is to be expected.

Papa Doc obama thinks that gays will just take all the medals because heterosexuality is just substandard. That was a very stupid thing to say, but that's why they call him obumble.

So...did the Jews and Blacks want to control the 1936 Olympics?

It also happened to Jehovah's Witnesses, among other groups, yet you want me to feel bad about something that had nothing to do with me. Funny thing, you support the exact same policies that gave the Nazi's power in the first place.

the nazis went after a lot of groups.

what does that have to do with moving the Olympics?

We didn't call for the 1936 Olympics to be moved, did we? Are we proud of that now?

No, we decided to send a black man to win a few gold medals, even though we were, allegedly, the most racist bigoted nation on Earth at the time.

I personally think that was one of our finer moments, unlike the LGBT community, who target people who support them.

There is no way they are going to move the Olympics. Get over it.

Last edited:
the nazis went after a lot of groups.

what does that have to do with moving the Olympics?

We didn't call for the 1936 Olympics to be moved, did we? Are we proud of that now?

No, we decided to send a black man to win a few gold medals, even though we were, allegedly, the most racist bigoted nation on Earth at the time.

I personally think that was one of our finer moments, unlike the LGBT community, who target people who support them.

There is no way they are going to move the Olympics. Get over it.

But, but, but, George Takei demanded it! Doesn't that voice speak for the whole world?

Forum List

Back