Camp Lejeune contaminated water

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I guess everyone knows about it by now since the settlement is all over cable T.V. I guess law firms are getting their greedy fingers into Uncle Sam's deep pockets. I served in Lejeune for the allotted time but thank God I'm fine. I wonder how it happened and why it took fifty years to figure it out.

I guess everyone knows about it by now since the settlement is all over cable T.V. I guess law firms are getting their greedy fingers into Uncle Sam's deep pockets. I served in Lejeune for the allotted time but thank God I'm fine. I wonder how it happened and why it took fifty years to figure it out.
Please pay attention.

My late husband served between Korea and VietNam stateside and when his Parkinson's was diagnosed in about 2010, he never would have guessed that it was caused by the water contamination under the base where he served so many decades ago. A DAV Service Officer of his acquaintance spotted his Parkinson's and did the detective work and almost single-handedly got my husband's disability awarded at 100%, which was a lifesaver because it paid for most of the very expensive care he received in a long term nursing facility for the last nine months of his life.

Do not dismiss anything because the symptoms have not shown up yet.

How could contaminated water from 1954 to 1987 go unnoticed? Maybe it gives Vietnam Marines who were technically based in Camp Lejeune a chance to get government compensation for exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam.

How could contaminated water from 1954 to 1987 go unnoticed? Maybe it gives Vietnam Marines who were technically based in Camp Lejeune a chance to get government compensation for exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam.
The Marines weren’t looking for it. When I was at Fort Carson In the late seventies we discovered the water point used by all units “down range’ was contaminated with radiation. Units had tested and used that water for decades. The only reason it was ever detected, was that one time my unit forgot our water test kit and had to call the post engineers to bring their more comprehensive test kit. The engineers promptly closed that water point and confiscated our water buffalos (tank trailers).

The disabled Vets and their DAV Service Officers are working hard to make that happen. It's our national shame that it's taking so long.

Advice from a USMC Vet, go for it Marines if you think you were screwed by the government's reluctance to compensate for Agent Orange. If you were stationed at Lejeune you have a case.

Forum List

Back