🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump All For Putting The Ten Commandments In Schools

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I do disagree with the mandate. I would also disagree with any ruling saying a teacher could not post the Ten Commandments if he/she wanted to do that. And I would disagree with the teacher teaching the Ten Commandments as anything other than a historical document and what place it has in the law of the land now.

Why do we have a law against stealing? That stealing is wrong has been passed down through the generations for thousands of years. and the concept of a right to ones legally acquired property is one of the foundations that America was created on, etc.

We have laws that mom and dad have authority over their children and can set rules and boundaries. And those boundaries used to be and should be again pretty much a cultural thing that children might gripe about but know that is how things should be.

Coveting or wanting what others have is not against the law, but it was part of the concept that we have no laws saying one person cannot have more than another person has.

The culture has changed but whether somebody was religious or not, Sunday was the recognized day of rest of the land for the best part of 200 years and many businesses close on Sundays even now. We can always debate the pros and cons of that but there was something good when our world sort of shut down one day a week so that we focused on different things.

And so on.
Do you know what was served at the Last Supper if it was on a Sunday?

Well, we know for sure it wasn't Chik-fil-A!

Do you know what was served at the Last Supper if it was on a Sunday?

Well, we know for sure it wasn't Chik-fil-A!
The Sabbath for modern day Jews is Saturday but the modern day calendar and names of days of the week was established by Constantine in A.D. 321 after Jesus and all who lived in his time were long gone. But the "last supper" was observing the Passover or Thursday if we go by the modern day calendar.

The Passover was/is a Holy Day but a celebration, joyous occasion, of the release of the Hebrew captives in Egypt. Traditionally in Jesus's day, since he and all the 12 disciples were Jews, the meal would have included matzot (unleavened bread), wine, probably bitter herbs dipped in a bowl of salted water, and other tidbits to make up the meal.

1719675564291.jpeg

I want none of it. I want all learning posters, neutral. I have always taught that way.

PS I do actually teach the 10 Commandments in church, where I teach Sunday School
Now that wasn't so hard.

Now imagine I passed a law that forced you to teach about safe and healthy, modern vaccines in Sunday school.

Forum List

Back