Donald Trump All For Putting The Ten Commandments In Schools

There is no separation between church and state. There is only a constitutional prohibition for the federal government to interfere with the people's expression/exercise of religious belief/faith. And a constitutional prohibition for any religious group to have any more authority or power than any other citizen group.

There should absolutely be no prohibition of posting the Ten Commandments (or any other historical document) in any classroom. There should also be absolutely no mandate to post such.
Therein lies the problem. The law mandated the posting.

Therein lies the problem. The law mandated the posting.
The problem is the state requiring the teacher to post something that, while it can be useful, is not essential for the education or safety of the children. The teacher should be able to organize whatever appropriate material she wants on the walls and bulletin boards in his/her classroom for the education, enjoyment, mental stimulation of the students.

Well the Left has been putting Pride Flags everywhere and telling the kids they can just ignore it too.

listen, I'm consistent. Years ago, someone put an Earth Day poster in the hallway that had all these suggestions about how to save the Earth. One was, do not have more than two children. I went to the principal and said hey, we have a lot of children here from big families. Are we telling them they should not have been born?

He took it down.

I DO NOT like using kids and schools to make political points. Either way. Again: in this case, it's using God's words and kids to make a political point.

Just no.
We disagree. We either fight them or they will stuff their BS down our throats.

Nothing wrong with posting tje 10 Commandments

The problem is the state requiring the teacher to post something that, while it can be useful, is not essential for the education or safety of the children. The teacher should be able to organize whatever appropriate material she wants on the walls and bulletin boards in his/her classroom for the education, enjoyment, mental stimulation of the students.
a-dul-ter-y-v0-9rqbxy3oj49d1.jpeg

Where did you get that I disagreed with your assertion? You are 100% correct except the law mandating it. In Florida, we had the option to do so.

That teacher meant the deviant B.S that is taught as normal, and not mental illness the LGBTQ@XYZ

The deviant stuff is far worse, but I still do not want to be addressing adultery with children. Aren't we always the people railing on and on about reading, writing and arithmetic? And now I have to teach the 10 commandments?

The deviant stuff is far worse, but I still do not want to be addressing adultery with children. Aren't we always the people railing on and on about reading, writing and arithmetic? And now I have to teach the 10 commandments?
There is nothing in the law that requires anybody to read, understand or teach the Ten Commandments. If there was I would be on the front lines opposing that. Again I think that it is wrong for the state to mandate it as I think it should be up to the teacher, perhaps with the approval of or non objection of the parents and sometimes the students as to what the teacher puts on the walls and bulletin boards.

But again I also see no harm in posting the Ten Commandments. I don't know how old I was when I knew what adultery was but I do know I was still in elementary school.

Another problem re the mandate is what version will be posted? The King James Bible or the new Living Bible or something else? Maybe one paraphrased for kids:
1719521988959.png
1719522168265.png

And if the child says "I don't believe in God" all we have to do is say, then that one doesn't pertain to you. But the others are still wise teachings and they were one of the law systems that over many many years became American law or values as well.

Where did you get that I disagreed with your assertion? You are 100% correct except the law mandating it. In Florida, we had the option to do so.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. I do disagree with the mandate. I would also disagree with any ruling saying a teacher could not post the Ten Commandments if he/she wanted to do that. And I would disagree with the teacher teaching the Ten Commandments as anything other than a historical document and what place it has in the law of the land now.

Why do we have a law against stealing? That stealing is wrong has been passed down through the generations for thousands of years. and the concept of a right to ones legally acquired property is one of the foundations that America was created on, etc.

We have laws that mom and dad have authority over their children and can set rules and boundaries. And those boundaries used to be and should be again pretty much a cultural thing that children might gripe about but know that is how things should be.

Coveting or wanting what others have is not against the law, but it was part of the concept that we have no laws saying one person cannot have more than another person has.

The culture has changed but whether somebody was religious or not, Sunday was the recognized day of rest of the land for the best part of 200 years and many businesses close on Sundays even now. We can always debate the pros and cons of that but there was something good when our world sort of shut down one day a week so that we focused on different things.

And so on.

You're the one that supports posting religious nonsense in Public schools. I'm an atheist.

I'm just asking why you support posting ancient Jewish law, but not the basic principles of Christianity.

Can you answer that?
Why is your side pushing Drag Queen BS in schools?

Cry me a River.:CryingCow::CryingCow::CryingCow::CryingCow:

Having them posted on the wall is not teaching, and actually I could care less except that they put anything they want in relation to lgbtqxyz

Having them posted on the wall is not teaching, and actually I could care less except that they put anything they want in relation to lgbtqxyz

Do you know any seven year old children?

And how many questions they ask?

In other words: you have double standards. I hate that, but okay I guess

Do you know any seven year old children?

And how many questions they ask?

In other words: you have double standards. I hate that, but okay I guess
No double standards, it hurts nothing if kids ask questions. As someone who has worked with children of that age most of my adult life, coaching, or teaching at Church i have a pretty good idea of what they ask! I definitely want teachers to just teach, however if they are going to teach the negative I want positive to offset it!

No double standards, it hurts nothing if kids ask questions. As someone who has worked with children of that age most of my adult life, coaching, or teaching at Church i have a pretty good idea of what they ask! I definitely want teachers to just teach, however if they are going to teach the negative I want positive to offset it!

Oh. So if a teacher puts up a pride flag and a 7 year old asks a question about it, it's okay for the teacher to explain pride month?

Oh. So if a teacher puts up a pride flag and a 7 year old asks a question about it, it's okay for the teacher to explain pride month?
I am saying I want something there they can turn to and explain the other side, because like it or not the pride flag will be allowed

Forum List

Back