Can a Third Party Candidate win the 2016 Presidential Election?

Could a 3rd party candidate win this election?

• Yes, two horrible candidates make the two party system vulnerable

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, the two party system cannot be defeated in the general election

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
If the kabal of billionaires that want to continue Open Borders and bring in more guest workers put their p money together, I think they could find a decent moderate like Jim Webb and finance him to win the election this fall.

What do you all think?

Not yet, but in four years? Very possible. We might be seeing the end of career politics.

Our system makes it impossible for a third party candidate to win unless he gets 51% of the vote.

Not yet, but in four years? Very possible. We might be seeing the end of career politics.

If the GOP even exists in four years, they will have become a new party. That disorganized pile of crap, as it exists now won't survive much longer.

If the kabal of billionaires that want to continue Open Borders and bring in more guest workers put their p money together, I think they could find a decent moderate like Jim Webb and finance him to win the election this fall.

What do you all think?

No, but they can derail Trump with Johnson running on the Libertarian ticket.

The Libertarian party got over 1.2 million votes during the last general election, and those like me will be voting for Johnson this cycle so that number could grow.

A Third Party Candidate can only be a spoiler at this point, and I love the crazy notion you believe Webb will run third party when there is no way he would do that...

If the GOP even exists in four years, they will have become a new party. That disorganized pile of crap, as it exists now won't survive much longer.

I read that after Nixon and the Reagan won... I read that after George W. Bush and now the House and Senate is held by the Republicans...

So why is it that when things get a little crazy the left write the obituary for the Republican Party when the reality is the Democratic Party only hold the White House?

Win and hold the House, Senate and White House for more than a few years and come and tell me how the Republican Party is dead because I have yet to see the death happen...

I read that after Nixon and the Reagan won... I read that after George W. Bush and now the House and Senate is held by the Republicans...

So why is it that when things get a little crazy the left write the obituary for the Republican Party when the reality is the Democratic Party only hold the White House?

Win and hold the House, Senate and White House for more than a few years and come and tell me how the Republican Party is dead because I have yet to see the death happen...

No, it's not dead yet, but from all the infighting it will be soon.

Nah, once this election cycle is done and Trump hand Hillary Clinton a landslide victory in November those supporting Trump will be licking their wounds and looking for the next Charlatan that will sell them piss water while believing it is a miracle cure and while all that is going on they will vote straight ticket GOP...

Our system makes it impossible for a third party candidate to win unless he gets 51% of the vote.
Dude, you are such a joke.

Presidents can win with pluralities in just enough states to take an Electoral College majority.

Sheesh, 7th graders know that much!

Nah, once this election cycle is done and Trump hand Hillary Clinton a landslide victory in November those supporting Trump will be licking their wounds and looking for the next Charlatan that will sell them piss water while believing it is a miracle cure and while all that is going on they will vote straight ticket GOP...
Stop buying your crack from the dealer you are using. I think he is cutting it with Draino.

Stop buying your crack from the dealer you are using. I think he is cutting it with Draino.

Well if I am on crack then I hate to imagine what the hell you are smoking...

The reality is no third party candidate can win a General Election with the two party system this country has at this point, and Trump is not going to win a General Election, so I feel confident you tell me how wrong I am on the last part...

Remember I am not naive to believe Johnson will win a National Election but if it keep Trump from winning while not voting for Clinton, well my job is done!

What do you all think?

No !

I would have to check, but I don't ever recall a third party candidate winning a state election .

Shadow 355

What do you all think?

No !

I would have to check, but I don't ever recall a third party candidate winning a state election .

Shadow 355
Well, the catch is that once they started winning, they werent third party anymore, like the Republican Party itself, which used to be a thrid party.

Forum List

Back