Can God exist independent of any religions?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
When discussing God I think too often too much is based upon given religions. Whereas those discussions should be independent of anything about God as a real thing. If we allow for the possibility Genesis was true and God created the first humans, one can't help but notice Adam and Eve had no religion, no law (except don't eat from those two trees,) and weren't married. Wasn't until MUCH later that God gave Man the Law to live by according to the narrative. So this means for quite a long time Man existed independent of any formalized religious system.

Could our religions today be wrong in the specifics, but right in how there's a God who has a will and ideas about how we should live?

One of the ludicrous claims Judaism makes is not only are there aliens (which I believe,) but they'll have teh exact same Torah we do here on Earth. Uh, unless other planets are identical to Earth I dare say there's are going to be substantial differences to say nothing of different people, places, times, etc. And since much of Torah is time-dependent, location-dependent, saying Torah will exist everywhere intelligent life does is pretty hard to believe.

But it raises an interesting question: If God created intelligent life like humans on other planets, and gave them religion like here, how might hose religions differ from our's? And if they're significanty different as seems likely, who's religion is right? Our's, their's, some of our's but none of their's, some of their's but none of our's? And how do we know?

If intelligent Alien life forms exist they would have been created by the same God and would probably have similar intelligence "characteristics".

I'd bet that they would have similar religions with commandments and their societies would have inventors and artists just as we do.

I'm sure they'd have their share of criminals too.

Forum List

Back