Can someone please explain what an alternate fact is to me?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Is it like where the Sun revolves around the Earth in an "alternate" universe?

Seriously though, this is what I ment months ago when I expressed concern about Trump being able to rise above the pettiness that is our media. They laid the bait & he took it and ran.

Seriously though, this is what I ment months ago when I expressed concern about Trump being able to rise above the pettiness that is our media. They laid the bait & he took it and ran.
No need to involve physics here. I'll simplify it for you. In the real world, it's known as a lie.

Few things have only one fact relating to it. Multiple facts can lead to different logical conclusions. That said, I'd roll with VOR's version.

Precisely. It was once accepted fact that the world was supported on the backs of giant turtles.

Then an alternate, more accurate fact was presented.

An 'alternate fact' is the WWDS fact. What would Donald Say?. Or put another way, it's the 'fact' that keeps the paychecks coming.

He cannot help himself.

An alternate fact is whatever The Donald decides it is...for now.

And if you don't bleev these alternate facts, we are going to have to reassess our relationship with you.

read unreported....she used poor choice of words to communicate her thought

New buzz word of the week for the disenfranchised and despised to run around spouting for no reason, the ones who have been repeating 'alternate facts' for the last 8 years and lost to a guy who relied mostly on Twitter and ignored the MSM hacks, and beat Komrade Hillary and her Maoist pant suits on Nov. 8, 2016, and rescued America from certain collapse.

Alternative facts allow people to reduce friction between themselves and other individuals and communities.

Examples: "gays were born this way"

"He's a conservative black man so a white woman who marries him is still conservative"

"Milo Yiannopoulos is conservative"

They are just identity politics examples, but self deception and deception by social consensus helps us ease our minds when life gets too complicated and can be applied in any abrasive situation.

"The best revenge is living well" all fine and good but what about when your entire family is wiped out and impregnated by invading mongols? Living well probably won't cut it, but for many lesser disasters this saying is probably true.

Forum List

Back