Can Squakahontas Appropriate Black Culture?

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
Cultural appropriation has become a left-wing issue of late. Can Squakahontas, because of her Cherokee descends, appropriate the very words of the wife of America's leading black historical figure?

How is reading a letter cultural appropriation?
I've been looking for a liberal to define it. Sing a song, dress, Hillary speaking Ebonics, WTF is it if not appropriating one's very words?!

Go! (no dingbat stuff, OK?)

Don't look at me for a definition. I think the entire cultural appropriation claim is silly. If you take it to it's logical conclusion it means no new art, music etc. can ever be created. It means artists who are looking to borrow from the musical traditions of other cultures in creating their music are "thieves". So much new is created from the fusion of other cultures. How can you copyright a culture? Where do you draw lines? You can't. It's idiotic.

I've been looking for a liberal to define it. Sing a song, dress, Hillary speaking Ebonics, WTF is it if not appropriating one's very words?!

Don't look at me for a definition. I think the entire cultural appropriation claim is silly. If you take it to it's logical conclusion it means no new art, music etc. can ever be created. It means artists who are looking to borrow from the musical traditions of other cultures in creating their music are "thieves". So much new is created from the fusion of other cultures. How can you copyright a culture? Where do you draw lines? You can't. It's idiotic.
This OK?

This OK?

OK in what way?

This OK?

OK in what way?
Cultural appropriation. No dingbat stuff, OK?

What is it about strong women that makes you so hysterical?

And do you think being both sexist and racist is a good strategy?

Ah, both the "sexist" and "racist" cards being played...why not go for the trifecta? :popcorn:

This OK?

OK in what way?

I'm not getting what you're asking. It's a 1945 film. I don't recognize cultural appropriation as a real concern.

She's a nut.. she really is.

True, but she feigns surprise well...

warren_face.gif

This OK?

OK in what way?

I'm not getting what you're asking. It's a 1945 film. I don't recognize cultural appropriation as a real concern.

<sigh> How about this?:

170px-Michael_Jackson_Cannescropped.jpg

This OK?

OK in what way?

<sigh> How about this?:

Keep sighing.

I don't give a fig about "cultural appropriation". There is no such thing as cultural appropriation.

<sigh> How about this?:

Keep sighing.

I don't give a fig about "cultural appropriation". There is no such thing as cultural appropriation.
Well, except for mammoth who called me racist and sexist then disappeared, you're the only snowflake that responded so I thought I'd ask you.

Forum List

Back