Zone1 Why, After Jesus' Resurrection...

No. The 24,000 written manuscripts of his 3 1/2 year ministry. Of which the resurrection is a part. You are a moron to be arguing about religion at all. You don't want to believe, don't believe. Problem solved. Go be happy in your godless life.
I am, thank you. I feel very good every day knowing I dont do cannibalistic rituals, and worship a genocidal, jealous failure.
Im glad you got triggered though. Of course, its not much of an accomplishment. You stay triggered lolz.

I am, thank you. I feel very good every day knowing I dont do cannibalistic rituals, and worship a genocidal, jealous failure.
Im glad you got triggered though. Of course, its not much of an accomplishment. You stay triggered lolz.
Sure you are. I can tell by your obsession with religion. :icon_rolleyes:

No, you don't. You love mocking people because you lead a miserable existence.
No, I love mocking the abrahamic religions because you guys all think your shit dont stink.
Hinduism? I could discuss that all day. Same thing with taoism or Buddhism.
They dont scream about supremacy while leading their masses through fear and violence.
You are a perfect example.

No, I love mocking the abrahamic religions because you guys all think your shit dont stink.
Hinduism? I could discuss that all day. Same thing with taoism or Buddhism.
They dont scream about supremacy while leading their masses through fear and violence.
You are posting in a religious forum, dummy. What did you expect would be discussed here? Cars?

You seek out conflict. Go be happy.

There's better questions than this.

Where Christians today tend to think of Jesus as this huge figure in daily Israelite life during his ministry....that's absolutely not true.

Jesus was in many ways the least successful of all the "messiahs" that were in Israel during the Roman occupation.

The largest gathering recorded for Jesus was 5,000 due to free food. Ok...well other "messiahs" had 15,000 soldiers and 25,000 soldiers....not just there for the free lunch with women and children in attendance. They wanted to stop the flow of tax money into the Roman coffers and had armed soldiers to stop it too. Jesus was an almost nobody by comparison.

To Pilate,
The one notable thing about Jesus is that he gave him and the people an opportunity to allow him to live but neither Jesus or the Religious elite took advantage of the opportunity to do so. (Handwashing of Pilate)

And EVERYONE gets to meet Jesus after they die. And if Jesus asks you "Who are you? I don't think I know you" you are in a world of trouble. So an Earthly tour of political and religious leaders was unnecessary because they were not relevant.
The reason they were not relevant was because they weren't going to change the world....his Apostles did change the world.
Jesus was the most successful. These other messiahs and their Jewish followers perished in battle with Rome. Jesus didn't fight Rome but saw them as an ally in defeating apostate Judea. And two thousand years later, his followers still have by no means perished. And neither has Christ, as Christians believe.

The crowds didn't follow Jesus to a desolate location for free food. I mean, who follows people to desolate locations for food when they can buy their own food? They followed him there for teaching and healing. They ate the fish and bread later in the day as evening approached.

As to appearing to unbelievers? What would that have accomplished? First, Pilate wasn't even Jewish. But Caiaphas and the Sanhedrin? They surely would not have believed. Jesus didn't look the same after his resurrection; he was taking on a different form. Even his closest friends failed to recognize him without evidence. His detractors would have just scoffed. Nothing would have come of it.

Spinoza said, mockery is based upon a false opinion and proclaims the imperfection of the mocker and that it is a form of hatred and sadness which can never be converted into joy.

Forum List

Back