Bernie Sanders: “Billionaires should not exist.”

The Democrat party favored one candidate over another.
Some Bernie supporters got upset and sat out the general election.

View attachment 972305

I don't know if I'd say these numbers show he was "overwhelmingly rejected".
He won 23 of the contests.

Hillary beat Sanders with over 3 million votes in the primaries. Look at how close vote counts were in the 2008 Democratic primaries.

Bernie Sanders was in politics for a lifetime or two. Never saw the Democratic party as good enough. Yet when he saw the chance he...

game over

Why would anyone want to live in a country that won’t allow citizens to become as successful as they can?

Imagine upset Bernie voters giving Trump the win.

How well did that work out?

Trump won in 2016 because of ..

Try and stick with facts.

Toddsterpatriot here. Homework assignment:

pew 2016 presidential.png

Technically, I kinda see Bernie's point. But I don't mind billionaires even if no one really needs a BILLION dollars to live! But the real problem as I see it is the vast income inequality, the fact that there is such vast numbers of people languishing in poverty.

Kind of like some 27 year old sports jock making 53 million a year working 4 months a year playing basketball while many top scientists fighting our biggest issues are lucky to break into the six figures.
The US has spent around 20 trillion dollars on "the war on poverty" why do we still have poor people ? It's not because of the billionaires.

The Democrat party favored one candidate over another.
Some Bernie supporters got upset and sat out the general election.

View attachment 972305

I don't know if I'd say these numbers show he was "overwhelmingly rejected".
He won 23 of the contests.

1720204150504.png

530 of Hillary's 977 delegate margin were from superdelegates.

Delegates from actual races she only won 2270-1823.

55% to 45%.

Much less impressive.

How well did that work out?

Trump won in 2016 because of ..

Try and stick with facts.

Toddsterpatriot here. Homework assignment:

View attachment 972313

Trump won in 2016 because

Hillary was an unlikable bitch who treated Bernie unfairly.

Technically, I kinda see Bernie's point. But I don't mind billionaires even if no one really needs a BILLION dollars to live! But the real problem as I see it is the vast income inequality, the fact that there is such vast numbers of people languishing in poverty.

Kind of like some 27 year old sports jock making 53 million a year working 4 months a year playing basketball while many top scientists fighting our biggest issues are lucky to break into the six figures.
The vast majority of people who lanquish in poverty do so not because there are billionaires but because they do not do what they need to do to escape poverty. The vast majority of people who choose to escape poverty do.

The definition of real poverty is no shelter, no food, no work, no way out. People in Appalachia are usually considered among America's poor but most own their own modest homes and few go hungry because they grow/raise their own food and need little cash as a result.

West Virginia is listed as the 4th poorest state in America but has the highest home ownership rate. Having spent a long summer there and visiting, photographing, chatting with the Appalachian 'poor' there, I was impressed with how self sufficient they were and how happy they were and how they had it all together. Money is not the best evaluation of whether a person is poor. The vast majority of the world's poor would feel rich if they had what those people have.

A nation with a government that recognizes and secures the unalienable rights of the people and protects their liberties to have choices, options, take advantage of opportunities and ability to change their situation for the better will have far fewer 'poor' than those who do not.

I can't get past their paywall now but Bloomberg ran an informative article of 20 billionaires who started when in abject poverty with absolutely nothing. At least one or two were homeless at one time.

"While most of the world's richest people earned their money, some had farther to climb. Neither Bill Gates nor Warren Buffett inherited wealth, but they were raised in affluent homes so they didn't have to worry about keeping their families fed. In contrast, there's something reassuring about a billionaire who grew up poor—something that goes beyond the classic, clichéd tale of the American Dream. For all the allure that stems from the lifestyle afforded by such wealth, the billionaires on this list say their mission was rarely about the grand money game. Making a billion dollars from nothing was most often about filling a need and getting started in a small business. Whether they were born in poverty, dropped out of high school, immigrated to the U.S., or even lived homeless for a time, these 20 Americans started at the bottom and worked their way to the top."

A tremendous attribute of the USA is its classless society. Any American can dream of being President of the United States. Any American can dream of achieving vast wealth.

If Sanders should be successful taking away the wealth of the billionaires, he will take away a lot of resources, options, choices, opportunity for others to become billionaires and consign a lot more people to real poverty.

Last edited:
Bernie Sanders: “Billionaires should not exist.”

Me: “Please name a country that doesn’t allow people to become billionaires, but still has a first world standard of living.”

Bernie is a goddam Commie. Just wish him and that Soros bastard would have the grace to croak.

Why would anyone want to live in a country that won’t allow citizens to become as successful as they can?
Why is America the only country that allows it to happen?

The simple answer is that they're told that they can all become the president!

The rest of the world's countries are happy to live with taxation and limitations on billionaires.

Forum List

Back