Can women rock too?

Exhibit A . . . He belches and says "I almost threw up" up on stage, and the crowd loves it. If a woman was to do that . . . it surely wouldn't come across the same.

.​

Fuck That Shit ... If You're Gonna Play Some Metallica
Make It Worthwhile ...

.​

Ack, no. Whiskey in the Jar is crappy Metallica.

Hey funny! I was thinking of paging you to show Marion Morrison what your heavy metal sounds like. :D He says that Metallica is not rock and roll because it doesn't sound like Chuck Berry. :D

I like "Hallowed be thy name" but you know, that's not really rock and roll either.

"Butter me up another slice of your pie?" Possibly.

I like grinds.Yes.

Exhibit A . . . He belches and says "I almost threw up" up on stage, and the crowd loves it. If a woman was to do that . . . it surely wouldn't come across the same.

.​

Fuck That Shit ... If You're Gonna Play Some Metallica
Make It Worthwhile ...

.​

Ack, no. Whiskey in the Jar is crappy Metallica.

Hey funny! I was thinking of paging you to show Marion Morrison what your heavy metal sounds like. :D He says that Metallica is not rock and roll because it doesn't sound like Chuck Berry. :D

Old Metallica should not be called rock n roll. It is heavy metal. While metal may technically be a sub-genre of rock n roll, it really doesn't make sense to call it just rock n roll. I doubt most people really think of them as part of the same genre. And when you actually say rock n roll, rather than just rock, the connotation involved (to me) is older rock. I rarely hear anyone say rock n roll, it's just rock. :p

Here's more Abnormality. Female vocalist, but no issues with her voice being too high pitched. ;)

50s is teh lame
In a lot of respects

I like prefer the sounds of 60s and 70s personally. I do like a lot of modern music too. Actually, I like MOST types of music. There must be at least one song I like in every genre and generation of music . . . I think. :D

Except, apparently, death metal, and other similar sub-genres of metal. :lol:

ChrisL The people that raised me grew up in the30s/40s true story.

That doesn't go away.

I like all kinds of music. I like a lot of stuff from today too. Even ones with a lot less talent, if the music is fun and has a good beat. I don't ALWAYS listen to music for the great talent. Lol. Metallica is special though. In their day, they were one of the BEST bands in the world, IMO. So much talent and such a great stage presence. :thup:

50s is teh lame
In a lot of respects

I like prefer the sounds of 60s and 70s personally. I do like a lot of modern music too. Actually, I like MOST types of music. There must be at least one song I like in every genre and generation of music . . . I think. :D

Except, apparently, death metal, and other similar sub-genres of metal. :lol:

Well, I haven't heard ALL of the songs, so you never know! :p

That doesn't go away.

I like all kinds of music. I like a lot of stuff from today too. Even ones with a lot less talent, if the music is fun and has a good beat. I don't ALWAYS listen to music for the great talent. Lol. Metallica is special though. In their day, they were one of the BEST bands in the world, IMO. So much talent and such a great stage presence. :thup:

That's why comparing these bands to Metallica at their best isn't really fair. Many bands you might compare to Metallica before the black album will not 'rock' as much.

Plus, it's an open question just what the criteria are that you're using for what bands rock. :lol:

I still love this album. This song is pretty slow for the first half, but it's the only video they made, and I thought showing the singer was a good idea.

It's not terrible as far as modern day metal goes, but they don't have any really awesome guitar skills like Metallica. They are not terrible but not terribly impressive talent either, IMO. :D

I still love this album. This song is pretty slow for the first half, but it's the only video they made, and I thought showing the singer was a good idea.

It's not terrible as far as modern day metal goes, but they don't have any really awesome guitar skills like Metallica. They are not terrible but not terribly impressive talent either, IMO. :D

Fear of God isn't particularly modern metal. The album that song is from came out in 1991.

Fear of God isn't particularly modern metal. The album that song is from came out in 1991.

Well, that goes to show how much I know about it! :113:

I'm not a particular fan of guitar solos. I don't hate them, but I don't mind not having them, either. I am more impressed by the ability to write a compelling rhythm than a good solo.

That doesn't go away.

That's why comparing these bands to Metallica at their best isn't really fair. Many bands you might compare to Metallica before the black album will not 'rock' as much.

Plus, it's an open question just what the criteria are that you're using for what bands rock. :lol:

My own standards and criteria of course!

Forum List

Back