Can You Imagine If The US Shot Down An Airliner??

An American warship in Iranian waters shot down an Iranian civilian airplane in Iranian airspace. That is the harsh summary that even the U.S. acknowledges, so it isn't "anti-American" to state it.
It is, to say the very least, embarrassing. There was a reference somewhere to Reagan apologizing at the time, but can't quote. Anyway, the U.S. eventually paid a large sum in compensation.
Reagan did not apologize and Bush made a point of saying the US does not apologize

They made a blanket statement regretting the loss of life

US Drone Strike Reportedly Kills 60 Civilians in Afghanistan

Of course the excuse will be that this was done during a war. The facts are there is absolutely NO reason for us to still be there. What we did was target someone defending their country from invaders and killed a slew of innocent people.

Obama issued over 500 drone strikes killing over 2,300 people. Didyagiveafuck then?
I did......in fact, lots of progressives did...I don't recall you folks out there with us...

Anti-drones activists plan month of protest over Obama's 'kill' policy

Its funny how you dic suckers will contradict your own bullshit based on whatever thread you are on at the time...on one thread, you morons claim Obama loved MUSLIMS and did nothing against them because of how he is a radical muslim terrorist dictator and all...…

And then when you are getting yo ass handed to you on a different post -- now suddenly Obama launched more drone strikes against "MUSLIMS" than any other president in US history.....both positions can't be true....which tells me you are full of shit....

Ok then please link me to your threads that you created stating how you hated Obama's drone strikes.

Don't link me to some article from the guardian. I asked if YOU gave a fuck. Not if some overseas newspaper linked to some unheard of group.

Will send you verification

Where is this "verification" because you didn't send anything. Linking to unknown persons on other forums doesn't count. I want PROOF that YOU on THIS FORUM complained about Obamas drone strikes.

If you can't provide the proof then say that you're a biased Obama loving moron who doesn't give a true rats shit about drone strikes but just hates Trump.

Trump spouts lots of things...many of which are designed to get your goat....Why do you let him...?
Because he is the President of the United States and we have to trust him to make decisions on our behalf

Nah, you people take it to the literal extreme...Nothing he says can ever be joking, or diverge from what you think he should say, and how he should say it, otherwise you attack....Dispicable...
You mean like when Bush was joking about looking for WMD's under his couch or table and saying "No WMD's there..." while tens of thousands of people were literally dying behind that lie -- yea, that was a real hoot....

Bush jokes about search for WMD, but it's no laughing matter for critics

I never said they were good jokes...
Give me a good WMD joke for a president who ordered an invasion based on WMD's he knew didn't exist???

Something that families of dead soldiers and Iraqis would have had a good giggle about back in 2005...….

Knew didn't exist? He was just listening to Nancy Pelosi and Bill Clinton, they said they existed very much so. What say you?

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
-- President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address), Jan. 27, 1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Last edited:

Of course the excuse will be that this was done during a war. The facts are there is absolutely NO reason for us to still be there. What we did was target someone defending their country from invaders and killed a slew of innocent people.

Obama issued over 500 drone strikes killing over 2,300 people. Didyagiveafuck then?
I did......in fact, lots of progressives did...I don't recall you folks out there with us...

Its funny how you dic suckers will contradict your own bullshit based on whatever thread you are on at the time...on one thread, you morons claim Obama loved MUSLIMS and did nothing against them because of how he is a radical muslim terrorist dictator and all...…

And then when you are getting yo ass handed to you on a different post -- now suddenly Obama launched more drone strikes against "MUSLIMS" than any other president in US history.....both positions can't be true....which tells me you are full of shit....

Ok then please link me to your threads that you created stating how you hated Obama's drone strikes.

Don't link me to some article from the guardian. I asked if YOU gave a fuck. Not if some overseas newspaper linked to some unheard of group.

Where is this "verification" because you didn't send anything. Linking to unknown persons on other forums doesn't count. I want PROOF that YOU on THIS FORUM complained about Obamas drone strikes.

If you can't provide the proof then say that you're a biased Obama loving moron who doesn't give a true rats shit about drone strikes but just hates Trump.

Sorry, you missed it. It was NOT from an unknown person, it was clearly from me. When I get the time I will look them up. I was not here when Obama was president but I've noted in probably 20 posts here that Obama deserves to rot in hell for what he has done.

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....

Who cares? Just 290 more hard on's for you libtards to circle jerk over. That's all any of those folks on either flight are to you and people like you. You don't care about any of them, woman, children or otherwise. They are all just internet memes to you.

I also can not send you anything because it says..........

You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: airplanemechanic.

Trump spouts lots of things...many of which are designed to get your goat....Why do you let him...?
Because he is the President of the United States and we have to trust him to make decisions on our behalf

Nah, you people take it to the literal extreme...Nothing he says can ever be joking, or diverge from what you think he should say, and how he should say it, otherwise you attack....Dispicable...
You mean like when Bush was joking about looking for WMD's under his couch or table and saying "No WMD's there..." while tens of thousands of people were literally dying behind that lie -- yea, that was a real hoot....

Give me a good WMD joke for a president who ordered an invasion based on WMD's he knew didn't exist???

Something that families of dead soldiers and Iraqis would have had a good giggle about back in 2005...….

Don't be a snot.

Don't be a snot.
So me asking you to give me an example of a good WMD joke triggered you more than the president of the US making a joke of WMD's??

How neo-con of you

Geraldo embarrasses Fox & Friends host by pointing out America did actually shoot down an Iranian jetliner

Question......Can you imagine if the US military shot down a commercial airliner and killing everyone on board??

I have often said that memory is kryptonite to these so-called Trump conservatives and honestly to republicans in general....Geraldo of all people has once again slapped Fox & Friends in the face with facts..what was Steve Doocy thinking?? Oh I forgot, he is a robot......no wonder Hannity was smart enough to cancel Geraldo appearances -- it would have been embarrassing for Hannity to get owned like this on his own show during prime time...can't have that...

"While discussing the downed plane, Doocy asked Rivera, “Can you imagine if the United States of America accidentally shot down a jetliner?” Rivera, however, didn’t miss a beat and pointed out that the U.S. actually had done that in the 1980s. 'Well, you know Steve, we did in 1988,” he replied. “It was an international, uh — well not a scandal, but a big debate. Our guided-missile frigate Vincennes, in the Gulf there, shot down an Iranian passenger liner. 290 died, including over 60 children. And it was something that took us years to live down.”

As I said, memory is kryptonite to a Trumper....because indeed, we shot down an Iranian jetliner and we denied it....for years....in fact, Bush Sr said he would never apologize for it or anything else the US did...Many Iranians felt the jet was shot down in order to aid Iraq which was fighting a war with Iran at the time...it wasn't until 1996 or so that the US finally took some type of accountability and paid Iran 61 million dollars..This Iranian jet attack happened just 9 years after the citizens there overthrew the Shah -- who himself was put there after we decided to overthrow their leader..luckily no war erupted after the first jet being shot down and no war erupted after this jet being shot down....but as for the prospects of a peace deal coming immediately after this?? Doubt it..especially since we just tore up the nuke deal -- we may believe we are morally superior to everyone else on Earth but it will be naive of us to not at least understand why most Iranians have trust issues when it comes to us making deals....ask North Korea.....ask Libya.....

Who cares? Just 290 more hard on's for you libtards to circle jerk over. That's all any of those folks on either flight are to you and people like you. You don't care about any of them, woman, children or otherwise. They are all just internet memes to you.
Self projection is fun to watch...

Can you do some more please?

Don't be a snot.
So me asking you to give me an example of a good WMD joke triggered you more than the president of the US making a joke of WMD's??

How neo-con of you

No, I just recognized it for the unserious BS it was...Is that what you're known for in here? I just trying to figure everyone out....

Knew didn't exist? He was just listening to Nancy Pelosi and Bill Clinton, they said they existed very much so. What say you?

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
Yet, it was only Bush who decided to invade and kill over 100,000

They'd have definately been better off with Saddam in power, is that what you're saying?

Self projection is fun to watch...

Can you do some more please?

"Self projection" yet here you are using dead people to bash America. "Self Projection", lol. Maybe you will get lucky and you libturds can have another sandyhook to jack off over.

They'd have definately been better off with Saddam in power, is that what you're saying?
So would we

So would we

That's just sick dude....

yes--as others have said --you fked up
the US tried to contact Flight 655 MANY times
When Iran Air Flight 655 Was Shot Down By A US Navy Guided Missile Cruiser

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia
On the morning of July 3, the Vincennes was engaged in combat
When the US Navy shot down Iran Air flight 655 in 1988 - CNN

As it failed to respond to calls from the ship that attacked it. The ship that was being attacked by Iranian gunboats which had just shot at helicopters flying over international airspace all in the middle of a war between Iran and a US ally at that time.
Yeah, it’s all the same to an American-hating democrat sheep like you.
Tehran is looking for a few IED test dummies like you.
Even without responding, it put out a signal that it was a commercial flight. We ultimately paid up because we fucked up. Sad that you're so blind, you can't even see when America fucks up.

Yeah....because we all know Iran isn't capable of deception.
Anyone is, including us. Doesn't negate the reality we shot down a civilian flight over their own airspace. And speaking to this thread, it was absurd to ask, imagine if the U.S. shot down an airliner.

We did. Make up all the excuses you want. We did. Just like Iran can make up all the excuses they want. They did too.

So why didnt the plane change course when told to?

Now you are just making shit up

We never contacted the plane. They were on a commercial frequency and the Vincennes was polling on military frequencies.

We claimed we thought it was an F-14
you are UNDENIABLY wrong
The official ICAO report stated that 10 attempts were made to contact Iran Air flight 655: seven on military frequencies and three on commercial frequencies
Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia
They contacted the plane but got no response. Switching to civilian channels, they ordered the “F-14” to change course.

If Rezalan received it, he ignored it. He was not the only commercial plane in the vicinity, nor was he flying an F-14 fighter jet.
When Iran Air Flight 655 Was Shot Down By A US Navy Guided Missile Cruiser
https://www.jag.navy.mil/library/investigations/VINCENNES INV.pdf

So would we

Where would we be without the 7,000 dead, tens of thousand maimed and $3 trillion wasted on a senseless invasion

Yes, I will take it in a minute. So would most Americans

So would we

Where would we be without the 7,000 dead, tens of thousand maimed and $3 trillion wasted on a senseless invasion

Yes, I will take it in a minute. So would most Americans

Cry me a river...Those deaths are on Saddam's head....He was given the chance to take exile...He chose to stay and put those people in front of him like human shields...And cheer him for that because you are just vile.

The other thing not being widely reported, that makes sense given the situation currently is this. The Iranians intentionally shot down that plane, that was leaving, not arriving, anticipating an American retaliatory strike. Then they would claim that an American missile hit that plane. Then Trump simply laughed them off and the Iranians are left holding the bag with nobody else to blame it on. Thus why they were bulldozing the site and refused to turn over the black box. Certainly possible given the circumstances.

Forum List

Back