Canada warns athletes to not criticize Chinese Communist Party

Then argue that they shouldnt hold the olympics. What we have here is officials properly warning athletes about Chinese laws and why they should be aware of them.

There was no need for jumping off a cliff.
You can say what you want until you are blue in the face... It's actions, or lack there of, that proves things. I don't think China would hold citizens of another country in the Olympics for something they said. They would just kick them out, they no longer get to compete.

Which is fine with me. But then I would be doing exactly what you propose... No more Olympics in China.

Then argue that they shouldnt hold the olympics. What we have here is officials properly warning athletes about Chinese laws and why they should be aware of them.

There was no need for jumping off a cliff.
You can say what you want until you are blue in the face... It's actions, or lack there of, that proves things. I don't think China would hold citizens of another country in the Olympics for something they said. They would just kick them out, they no longer get to compete.

Which is fine with me. But then I would be doing exactly what you propose... No more Olympics in China.

They most likely wouldn't arrest them but all the same it's right for the committee to warn the athletes of the possible repercussions of breaking Chinese laws.

They most likely wouldn't arrest them but all the same it's right for the committee to warn the athletes of the possible repercussions of breaking Chinese laws.
Oh I don't have a problem with them warning the athletes. I figure it's up to the individuals to heed it or not as they will. I'm just going to support those athletes in whichever decision they make. If you want to just compete... Fine. I'm good with that.

Want to make a statement(s) you are free to make... Fine. I'm good with that.

Forum List

Back