Canada’s Cape Breton Will Welcome American Refugees Fleeing President Trump

How about we start a GoFund Me page for any libs here ready to depart?

How much does a bus ticket to there cost from, say NYC?

I would donate for that.

"Bus""? :lmao:

Who takes a bus a thousand miles? :cuckoo:

You need a car in Cape Breton. It's very very rural. Well, maybe not on the Atlantic side around Sydney but who wants to live there. From NYC it would be a two-day drive.

I recommend Zorba's just off I-84 in Sturbridge Mass for a good meal on the way.
And that's another consideration --- ain't no good meals in Cape Breton. Until I get there anyway.

A thousand miles? I revoke my bus offer.

You can have three day mail. With air holes. I PROMISE.

Libs, here you go!!!

“Where women can get abortions, Muslim people can roam freely and the only ‘walls’ are holding up the roofs of our extremely affordable houses.”

Each election cycle, there’s a threat many people make but few keep: “If so-and-so wins, I’m moving to Canada!”

Now, one kind-hearted Canadian wants to help Americans keep that promise should Donald Trump win the presidency.

Rob Calabrese, a radio host in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, has set up a website called “Cape Breton If Donald Trump Wins“ that pitches the island as a new home for anyone seeking refuge.

“Hi Americans! Donald Trump may become the President of your country!” a welcome message on the website reads. “If that happens, and you decide to get the hell out of there, might I suggest moving to Cape Breton Island!”

Calabrese told the National Post he’s already received hundreds of emails from Americans interested in moving to the island.

Canada's Cape Breton Will Welcome American Refugees Fleeing President Trump | The Huffington Post
Beautiful place...tempting, even without Herr Drumpf.

Cape Breton is fucking awesome. One will never lack for music.

Got your bags packed Pogo?

Been there many a time. My favourite vacation spot that doesn't involve air travel. And yes of course I have a current passport -- everyone should.

Thing is --- in the past I always paid my own way there and back. Now y'all are starting up a fund to defray even that cost. :thanks:

Think I'll take the ferry from Maine this time.... never done that before because it's too esspensive but hey if you're buyin'... :beer:

And all to shut out the voices that challenge the Echobubble. SMH. Too bad they have internet in Cape Breton and that wouldn't change anyway. Wait did I just post that out loud? :eusa_shifty:

All I can say is, if you could pick your own place that would offer Rump asylum, it'd be hard to pick a more attractive place.

Libs, here you go!!!

“Where women can get abortions, Muslim people can roam freely and the only ‘walls’ are holding up the roofs of our extremely affordable houses.”

Each election cycle, there’s a threat many people make but few keep: “If so-and-so wins, I’m moving to Canada!”

Now, one kind-hearted Canadian wants to help Americans keep that promise should Donald Trump win the presidency.

Rob Calabrese, a radio host in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, has set up a website called “Cape Breton If Donald Trump Wins“ that pitches the island as a new home for anyone seeking refuge.

“Hi Americans! Donald Trump may become the President of your country!” a welcome message on the website reads. “If that happens, and you decide to get the hell out of there, might I suggest moving to Cape Breton Island!”

Calabrese told the National Post he’s already received hundreds of emails from Americans interested in moving to the island.

Canada's Cape Breton Will Welcome American Refugees Fleeing President Trump | The Huffington Post
Beautiful place...tempting, even without Herr Drumpf.

I don't think they would send your welfare check to you up there, Shortbus. :eek:

Libs, here you go!!!

That article might as well have come from "The Onion". Or, that the website is a joke.

The oxymoron "American Refugees" should give any sober person a clue.

Libs, here you go!!!

That article might as well have come from "The Onion". Or, that the website is a joke.

You are correct ---- "American" is a misnomer. Should be "USian refugees".
"American" applies to over two dozen countries on two continents. I'm sure Canadians don't appreciate it, even if they're polite about it, eh.

Great point about the navel-gazing of so-called "American Exceptionalism".

Why, I remember back in the '90s when the Toronto Blue Jays had won the World Series some clown on the radio referred to them as the "first non-American team" to win it. He got an strongly-worded letter demanding to know which continent Canada had moved to.

Libs, here you go!!!

"American" applies to over two dozen countries on two continents. I'm sure Canadians don't appreciate it, even if they're polite about it, eh.

Why, I remember back in the '90s when the Toronto Blue Jays had won the World Series some clown on the radio referred to them as the "first non-American team" to win it. He got an strongly-worded letter demanding to know which continent Canada had moved to.

"American" has been accepted by just about everyone, world wide, for a long long time.

At this stage, complaining about that single word is an exercise in nit picking, unless you wish to start a crusade to ban the term and start calling the black folks in the United States as African-Usians.

Libs, here you go!!!

"American" has been accepted by just about everyone, world wide, for a long long time.

At this stage, complaining about that single word is an exercise in nit picking, unless you wish to start a crusade to ban the term and start calling the black folks in the United States as African-Usians.

Yuh huh.

What continent is Canada in then?

What about Uruguay? Mexico? Brasil?

On the other hand what continent is Hungary in? Europe. What continent is Belgium in? Also Europe. Is a Belgian then the same thing as a Hungarian?

Use your head now and then. It's good exercise.

Forum List

Back