Cannabis Growing

In my second attempt, I recently converted the downstairs bathroom to a grow room and have 4 White Banners that all sprouted and have been moved to Dixie cupS with a coir/soil/rice husk/fertilizer mix. They're about 2 inches tall. I have a grow light on for 18 hours, 72 degrees and mist them daily.

Over the summer I grew 4 Northern lights outdoors with decidedly mixed results. It was a cool, wet summer and I'm pretty sure the plants were severely over-watered. I also experimented with soil and a "fire and Ice" fertilizer that a USMB farmer told me was his "secret sauce" for vegetables. I moved them back inside to harvest. As an experiment I let 2 of them "resprout" after cutting them back to harvest. I was totally surprised by the ginormous unmistakable "pot" smell from the new sprouts, gorgeous trichomes. They're all curing and usable and Mrs. Crusader and I like the buzz. There were too many variables to determine that the soil & Fertilizer mix didn't work so well, but - so far - I'm happy with the coir mix

I've read "Brave New Weed" - no growing tips, but loads of information - and have subscribed to Mr Canuks Grows and one or two other grower Videos.

My wife and kids were initially vociferously against this new hobby, but they all now have resigned themselves to me as Walter White. I'm good with plants, in my office I have last years Christmas poinsettias still with red leaves.

It's a fun hobby and one that I enjoy. Always open to discuss.

Cool. When I retired, I planned to either grow my own or build a still. I went with the still. I thought I would never have any use for all those chemistry classes, but I was wrong.
That's cool what do you make with your still? Can you post a pic of it? I was thinking of trying to make some moonshine just to see if I could do it.

I tried making whiskey. and it was drinkable, but it wasn't any better than cheap stuff I can buy. I make pretty good vodka, but my rum is better than I can afford to buy at the local liquor store. Running a still and aging the product is nothing like the moonshine shows on tv.
Don't make the mistakes I and lots of others made. Don't just build the first design you find. Do some research and learn a little about it before you ever even think about building a still. You won't like what you make in a pot on the stove. That doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune or build a 100 gallon still, but don't go at it half assed.
Plans, recipes, and hints you'll never figure out for yourself can be found here These people know what they are doing, and include chemists and engineers and other people who have done it for years.
Home Distiller - Active topics

Moonshone isn't really aged unless you're talking about hours. LOL
I grew up in moonshine country and I think they're still at it. I went camping a lot and every morning when I'd light my campfire to cook my breakfast, there'd be a small plane circling overhead to check out the smoke from my campfire (revenurers).

In my second attempt, I recently converted the downstairs bathroom to a grow room and have 4 White Banners that all sprouted and have been moved to Dixie cupS with a coir/soil/rice husk/fertilizer mix. They're about 2 inches tall. I have a grow light on for 18 hours, 72 degrees and mist them daily.

Over the summer I grew 4 Northern lights outdoors with decidedly mixed results. It was a cool, wet summer and I'm pretty sure the plants were severely over-watered. I also experimented with soil and a "fire and Ice" fertilizer that a USMB farmer told me was his "secret sauce" for vegetables. I moved them back inside to harvest. As an experiment I let 2 of them "resprout" after cutting them back to harvest. I was totally surprised by the ginormous unmistakable "pot" smell from the new sprouts, gorgeous trichomes. They're all curing and usable and Mrs. Crusader and I like the buzz. There were too many variables to determine that the soil & Fertilizer mix didn't work so well, but - so far - I'm happy with the coir mix

I've read "Brave New Weed" - no growing tips, but loads of information - and have subscribed to Mr Canuks Grows and one or two other grower Videos.

My wife and kids were initially vociferously against this new hobby, but they all now have resigned themselves to me as Walter White. I'm good with plants, in my office I have last years Christmas poinsettias still with red leaves.

Cool. When I retired, I planned to either grow my own or build a still. I went with the still. I thought I would never have any use for all those chemistry classes, but I was wrong.
That's cool what do you make with your still? Can you post a pic of it? I was thinking of trying to make some moonshine just to see if I could do it.

I tried making whiskey. and it was drinkable, but it wasn't any better than cheap stuff I can buy. I make pretty good vodka, but my rum is better than I can afford to buy at the local liquor store. Running a still and aging the product is nothing like the moonshine shows on tv.
Don't make the mistakes I and lots of others made. Don't just build the first design you find. Do some research and learn a little about it before you ever even think about building a still. You won't like what you make in a pot on the stove. That doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune or build a 100 gallon still, but don't go at it half assed.
Plans, recipes, and hints you'll never figure out for yourself can be found here These people know what they are doing, and include chemists and engineers and other people who have done it for years.
Home Distiller - Active topics

Moonshone isn't really aged unless you're talking about hours. LOL
I grew up in moonshine country and I think they're still at it. I went camping a lot and every morning when I'd light my campfire to cook my breakfast, there'd be a small plane circling overhead to check out the smoke from my campfire (revenurers).

That mostly depends on if you want something nice to drink, or if you just want to get drunk, and don;t really care what it tastes like. I can buy cheap booze at the liquor store that costs less, and gets me just as drunk as anything I can make and with a lot less effort. I guess it's just a matter of what your goal is.

In my second attempt, I recently converted the downstairs bathroom to a grow room and have 4 White Banners that all sprouted and have been moved to Dixie cups with a coir/soil/rice husk/fertilizer mix. They're about 2 inches tall. I have a grow light on for 18 hours, 72 degrees and mist them daily.

I'm stealing your ideas. So far I have had three grows all done outside. It's hard here because it's still illegal as hell. Try shrooms. Way more easy to grow.

In my second attempt, I recently converted the downstairs bathroom to a grow room and have 4 White Banners that all sprouted and have been moved to Dixie cups with a coir/soil/rice husk/fertilizer mix. They're about 2 inches tall. I have a grow light on for 18 hours, 72 degrees and mist them daily.

try a self watering bucket, you can't over water or underwater, the plants only use the water that they need and they can go a long time before they need to be refilled

I think I drowned the 4 White Banners during my 10 days in Barcelona. I'd take a picture but it would make you cry. They look so sad, small, yellow leaves all over.

I started 2 Afghan Regulars in a CocoCoir with 4-4-4 fertilizer mix and they seem to be happy and healthy - for now. I can't wait for NY to fucking legalize it already, I would work for free at a Cannabis gardening operation just to learn

I'm stealing your ideas. So far I have had three grows all done outside. It's hard here because it's still illegal as hell. Try shrooms. Way more easy to grow.

My hero

Mr. Canucks Grow

Forget the dixie cups. Once one clone roots move to one gallon plastic bags. Roots hit bottom move to 5 gallon plastic bags. Also during veg light should be 24 hours. Misting them at a young age does not hurt but still would not do. Later on will cause molds and spider mites. Not smart to move out door plants I side either many organisms you do not want can move in with them not to mention they can get policies out doors and hermy. One seed shows up in doors you are fucked. Gotta take entire harvest down and clean like hell. If you are going g to grow indoors limit your variables. Bringing plants in from out side is not limiting your variables. Best soil in doors is Promax in orange bag mixed with rolled gold. 50/50 change bulbs with every harvest. Do not cheep on light. Yield by new bulb always better than cost. Black label molasses is great sweetener just as good as the 200 dollar a bottle stuff. Quit fertizing two weeks before harvest and flush. Any questions?

Update. Don't laugh. It's my first real attempt

I transferred 4 Afghan and 2 White banners out doors for the Summer. They were very happy over the summer topping out at about 6 feet!

One of the Afghans turned out to be a male. Don't laugh. I loved the way the bees gravitated to the male! I had no less than 30 bees on that plant at any given time.

In August my supplier stopped by and I showed him what I was doing with great pride, he chuckled. He said, "did you know that one is a male?" I said ofc! Isn't it great how the bees love that pollen?!

He predicted that the male aside, I would be plagued by mold toward the end of summer. He basically gave up outdoor growing for that reason.

In September I noticed some strangeness, the buds were less than robust but man did I have a ton of seeds! (Yes, with the help of the bees, the male successfully pollinated everyone. Pollinated plants do not grow robust buds)

Also, well, this white mold took a liking to the plants with a fervor not even shown by the bees! At that point I basically wrote off my Frank as Walter White summer experiment

I harvested a bunch of seeds, fully aware that 50% will likely be male and I consigned what was left of the crop to the end season BBQ after I finished the chicken and burgers.

I now have 2 indoor Greek Crack, one is doing nicely, the other was beset by spider mites. I've tried Neem oil and then on the advice of an Ivey league trained botanist, tried a diluted vinegar solution and finally, finally, finally got rid of them.

Sure it's cheaper to buy the finished product, but this has been fun and educational

Forget the dixie cups. Once one clone roots move to one gallon plastic bags. Roots hit bottom move to 5 gallon plastic bags. Also during veg light should be 24 hours. Misting them at a young age does not hurt but still would not do. Later on will cause molds and spider mites. Not smart to move out door plants I side either many organisms you do not want can move in with them not to mention they can get policies out doors and hermy. One seed shows up in doors you are fucked. Gotta take entire harvest down and clean like hell. If you are going g to grow indoors limit your variables. Bringing plants in from out side is not limiting your variables. Best soil in doors is Promax in orange bag mixed with rolled gold. 50/50 change bulbs with every harvest. Do not cheep on light. Yield by new bulb always better than cost. Black label molasses is great sweetener just as good as the 200 dollar a bottle stuff. Quit fertizing two weeks before harvest and flush. Any questions?

TYVM!

TYVM!
No problem!

TYVM!
I proof read my instructions. Soil should be Pro mix orange bag, and black gold for soil mixture 50/50. Water treatment is important also. What are you doing there?. Run air raters on water before applying for three days also add 250 milligrams vitamin c tabs per 50 gallons of treated water to remove chlorine and cloramine from water. You would also like to remove fluoride but not cost effective at the amount you are growing.

Forum List

Back