Capitalism Dadaism

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-idealism dialogue between a hypothetical evil 'super-A.I.' computer and a pensive and optimistic human philosopher.

I like thinking that the modern age of consumerism-values facilitates productive 'universal dialogue.'

Let's hope South Korea agrees...

====

COMPUTER: Human civilization labyrinths are self-defeating.
MAN: I disagree! Man's pursuit of honor and friendship illuminates the value of Wall Street!
COMPUTER: It's man's ambitions that created the evils of Rome and the eeriness of the Cold War.
MAN: The United Nations and the World Bank exist to facilitate contract negotiations.
COMPUTER: Capitalism competitiveness will spell nuclear war between rival nations.
MAN: Key free-trade 'zones' such as Hong Kong and South Korea unite the East and West!
COMPUTER: There is no compatibility between commerce and forgiveness.
MAN: Consumer-goods reviews and merchant-ratings in public forums create commerce honesty.
COMPUTER: No man would compromise personal satisfaction in favor of 'market values.'
MAN: That is not entirely true. What about Christmas shoppers who purchase gifts for others?
COMPUTER: Christmas is a socially-agreed upon custom catalyzing consumer-spending...nothing more.
MAN: I disagree! Kids around the world eagerly await toys from their parents believing they're from Santa!
COMPUTER: Christmas idealism is no different than winning the lottery...
MAN: Sometimes lottery winners donate a portion of their winnings to charities...
COMPUTER: Philanthropy is a veiled form of patronage; a 'face' of capitalism theory.
MAN: Why then do societies celebrate rags-to-riches stories?
COMPUTER: Storytelling does not cure the problem of greed...
MAN: Morality fables illuminate humanity's interests in self-improvement!
COMPUTER: Every human father yearns for his son to be a self-made man.
MAN: Even though 'aspiration' may be 'genetically-hardwired,' teamwork creates trust.
COMPUTER: Altruism is a resource-sharing scheme which does not solve the problem of envy...
MAN: The vices of capitalism/consumerism are tempered by the celebration of inventors (e.g., Steve Jobs).

====

computer.jpg

Forum List

Back