🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Capitol Police employ the 'Matador Defense'. That is not Trump's fault.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
Sorry, but it is not justifiable to lay the rush on the Capitol at Trump's feet. The Capitol Police knew days in advance there would be thousands of boisterous Trump supporters marching on the Capitol. This should have been crowd control 101. Set up a perimeter with barricades and immediately repel any advance with non-lethal means. They should never have gotten within 100 yards of the building. Fire the Capitol Police Chief. As always JMHO.

Sorry, but it is not justifiable to lay the rush on the Capitol at Trump's feet. The Capitol Police knew days in advance there would be thousands of boisterous Trump supporters marching on the Capitol. This should have been crowd control 101. Set up a perimeter with barricades and immediately repel any advance with non-lethal means. They should never have gotten within 100 yards of the building. Fire the Capitol Police Chief. As always JMHO.

He has already resigned to be effective January 16 to allow them time to find his replacement. Not a vacancy you want right before an inauguration.

He has already resigned to be effective January 16 to allow them time to find his replacement. Not a vacancy you want right before an inauguration.
Thanks I hadn't heard that.

And here we have all been thinking the domestic terrorist were at fault. It was the police department's fault all along.

Pelosi is in charge of the capital police
Any help had to be approved by the Secretary of Defense....

It took the governor of Maryland an hour and a half, to get the approval from the Secretary of Defense to send in his riot team/national guard.....waiting and ready to send help, but could not get permission.

We will find out what happened and the trump administration's hand in it.....

It took the governor of Maryland an hour and a half, to get the approval from the Secretary of Defense to send in his riot team/national guard.....waiting and ready to send help, but could not get permission.

Thank you.

Gov. Hogan, a Republican, had his teams from the Maryland troopers and the Maryland National Guard set to go promptly after Steny Hoyer called him for help because the Capitol was under attack, and DoD/Pentagon dragged ass while I was yelling at the television "where in the hell is the fucking National Guard," while Gov. Hogan waited 90 minutes for DOD authorization to go in. There is a lot to be sorted out here, particularly with all of the police agencies involved. Remember the recent changes that were made in the leadership at the Pentagon. I understand that the Marylanders were the first to arrive on scene, and I remember when the Virginia reinforcements arrived. DC's mayor made application for the National Guard in advance, and nothing happened.

This is going to take a while to figure out. It all points to an organized conspiracy to overthrow the government of the United States, and we don't know how far up it goes.

In the meantime, I just hope that the cooler heads downtown make sure that trump has absolutely no contact with the "football."

Thank you.

Gov. Hogan, a Republican, had his teams from the Maryland troopers and the Maryland National Guard set to go promptly after Steny Hoyer called him for help because the Capitol was under attack, and DoD/Pentagon dragged ass while I was yelling at the television "where in the hell is the fucking National Guard," while Gov. Hogan waited 90 minutes for DOD authorization to go in. There is a lot to be sorted out here, particularly with all of the police agencies involved. Remember the recent changes that were made in the leadership at the Pentagon. I understand that the Marylanders were the first to arrive on scene, and I remember when the Virginia reinforcements arrived. DC's mayor made application for the National Guard in advance, and nothing happened.

This is going to take a while to figure out. It all points to an organized conspiracy to overthrow the government of the United States, and we don't know how far up it goes.

In the meantime, I just hope that the cooler heads downtown make sure that trump has absolutely no contact with the "football."

The Pentagon offered help the day before the riot.. but Capitol police turned them down.. Everyone knew for weeks that Trump was encouraging them to come from everywhere because it would be "wild"..

Now Trump has condemned the very attack he incited.

Pelosi probably set it up. Told them to allow the mob in. Makes for great tv ratings and makes dumb Don and the Rs look bad.

It’s certainly possible.

according to trump, trump immediately sent the national guard. to care for his very special and loved people.

Pelosi probably set it up. Told them to allow the mob in. Makes for great tv ratings and makes dumb Don and the Rs look bad.

It’s certainly possible.

I will play your game and let say it is true then Pelosi along with Schumer put American lives at risk if it were true and what has been called for Trump should also be called for them...

Now do I believe this?

No, but do I believe what you wrote is possible?

Yes!

Now with that written Trump words did incite the insurrection on our nation Capitol and he should be held accountable for what his words caused.

Freedom of Speech has it limits and you can not yell fire in a crowded theater or bomb on a plane and Trump words did incite those people and he hold the responsibility for his words but not their actions!

Read that carefully everyone because I wrote Trump is responsible for his WORDS but not the idiots INSURRECTION!

The Police failure is their failure and those that are in charge of the Police should be fired and if Pelosi allowed this to happen then she should be removed from office...

No excuse for what happened and many failures happened that day and I will state I wanted Pence to invoke the 25th amendment but after reflecting it might be wise not to and leave impeachment alone and ride out the last days of Trump term and let the man leave in disgrace!

Now some will ask why the change of heart?

I do not want anymore bloodshed and if Pence or Congress removes Trump before his last day you can bet this country will erupt into a Civil War!

It’s certainly possible.

I will play your game and let say it is true then Pelosi along with Schumer put American lives at risk if it were true and what has been called for Trump should also be called for them...

Now do I believe this?

No, but do I believe what you wrote is possible?

Yes!

Now with that written Trump words did incite the insurrection on our nation Capitol and he should be held accountable for what his words caused.

Freedom of Speech has it limits and you can not yell fire in a crowded theater or bomb on a plane and Trump words did incite those people and he hold the responsibility for his words but not their actions!

Read that carefully everyone because I wrote Trump is responsible for his WORDS but not the idiots INSURRECTION!

The Police failure is their failure and those that are in charge of the Police should be fired and if Pelosi allowed this to happen then she should be removed from office...

No excuse for what happened and many failures happened that day and I will state I wanted Pence to invoke the 25th amendment but after reflecting it might be wise not to and leave impeachment alone and ride out the last days of Trump term and let the man leave in disgrace!

Now some will ask why the change of heart?

I do not want anymore bloodshed and if Pence or Congress removes Trump before his last day you can bet this country will erupt into a Civil War!

Recruiting and radicalizing terrorists on social media is what ISIS does. Trump gets it..

Thank you.

The Pentagon offered help the day before the riot.. but Capitol police turned them down.. Everyone knew for weeks that Trump was encouraging them to come from everywhere because it would be "wild"..

Now Trump has condemned the very attack he incited.
One big question is what preparations were made in the days before.

I'm just not sure that all the fault lies with the US Capitol Police, either in preparation in the days before or during the riot. Sure. Some, and I certainly want to know what resources were offered to the Chief of the Capitol Police that he refused. But why were the Marylanders made to wait for DoD authorization when they were ready to go in? I'm not sure what was happening with the Virginia side. I just remember that the Virginians arrived after dark, so Gov. Northam must have taken some action, as well. There also were other agencies, like the FBI, the ATF, DHS, U.S. Marshalls Service, and the Secret Service available. I don't know when the first call for help was made from the Capitol and who made it.

I'm just trying to figure this all out and place everybody's actions in a timeline. But many better minds than mine are trying to do the same thing.

The OP does make some good points, some not.

The siege of the Capitol Building lies directly at the feet of Trump. He should be prosecuted for inciting insurrection.

However, the OP is right that there was gross negligence on the part of the Capitol Hill police. Heads need to roll. Trump’s tweets and social media was full that something big was headed for on January 6th. They should have been more prepared.

Last edited:

The siege of the Capitol Building lies directly at the feet of Trump. He should be prosecuted for inciting insurrection.

However, the OP is right that there was gross negligence on the part of the Capitol Hill police. Heads need to roll. Trump’s tweets and social media was full that something big was headed for on January 6th. They should have been prepared.

Trump said that he's glad Loeffler and Perdue lost in Georgia because they weren't loyal and didn't defend him enough.

However, the OP is right that there was gross negligence on the part of the Capitol Hill police. Heads need to roll. Trump’s tweets and social media was full that something big was headed for on January 6th. They should have been prepared.

Trump said that he's glad Loeffler and Perdue lost in Georgia because they weren't loyal and didn't defend him enough.

Truthfully I believe Trump plan all this time was to destroy the GOP and he is playing them for the fools they are!

There wouldn't have been an angry crowd for them to plan for if Trump hadn't instigated them to start with.

Truthfully I believe Trump plan all this time was to destroy the GOP and he is playing them for the fools they are!

Yep.. Unlike presidents in the past (and pres elect Biden) Trump's challenge is perfect loyalty to his person NOT the Constitution.

Forum List

Back