Capitol Police to Tea Party: Show Us Your Websites or Forget Your Rally

Perhaps you missed this question..

Now if they had the other sites and lied, do you think they would be approved?

Did the Capitol Police demand to see the website? No.

Did the Capitol Police tell the Tea Party Patriots that they wouldn't be approved if they didn't show their website? No.

They asked if they had one. That's all.

Yes they did demand to see the websites.. That is why they asked about them.

The transcript is posted on the site. They didn't ask to see the websites, or about the websites were. They only asked if they used twitter and such.

Use some comon sense. If you want to see something, you ask for it. If you don't want to see it, you don't ask. Logic 101.

They didn't ask for anything.

BTW, just in case you missed it..

This permit has been outstanding for over 5 weeks and we still haven’t heard anything.
So much for your claim it's only been two weeks. 5 weeks for something that can be done in 5 days.

I think you "missed it". How could they have been waiting for 5 weeks if they submitted the application on 5/22/2013?

As usual, the headline doesn't match the story.

There's no mention in the actual story of anyone demanding to see the website.

It's just more right-wing victimization whining because it's taken 2 weeks to approve their permit.

Does your organization have any social media sites like Twitter or Instagram? I know that you have a Facebook page.

Did the Capitol Police demand to see the website? No.

Did the Capitol Police tell the Tea Party Patriots that they wouldn't be approved if they didn't show their website? No.

They asked if they had one. That's all.

And that's relevant because?

As usual, the headline doesn't match the story.

There's no mention in the actual story of anyone demanding to see the website.

It's just more right-wing victimization whining because it's taken 2 weeks to approve their permit.

And it has now been 5 weeks..

For an approval or denial that can be done in 5 days.

It's been 12 days, not 5 weeks.

Event Date: June 19, 2013
Permit Submitted: 5/22/2013 via fax
The permit was submitted on 5/22/2013.

I think this was the 5 week reference per the article:

Permit Submitted: April 29, 2013
We also applied for another permit for 10/12/13 and haven’t heard anything back about that permit. That permit was submitted by Darcy Parker of Tea Party Patriots on 4/29/2013. On 5/1/2013, she called to ensure they received the application. On 5/9/2013 she called and spoke to Officer Nichols who indicated the application was received, but there was no way to tell when we would hear back about it. That is the last communication we have had regarding that permit. This permit has been outstanding for over 5 weeks and we still haven’t heard anything.

FWIW I have never seen the Doc play partisan politics. [MENTION=20452]theDoctorisIn[/MENTION]

Last edited:

We also applied for another permit for 10/12/13 and haven’t heard anything back about that permit. That permit was submitted by Darcy Parker of Tea Party Patriots on 4/29/2013. On 5/1/2013, she called to ensure they received the application. On 5/9/2013 she called and spoke to Officer Nichols who indicated the application was received, but there was no way to tell when we would hear back about it. That is the last communication we have had regarding that permit. This permit has been outstanding for over 5 weeks and we still haven’t heard anything.

That's apparently an entirely different rally.

Double ooopsie. :lmao:

Agreed, but is from the same article.
Sometimes I skim too fast also. :eusa_angel:

That the DC police have not responded to. It normally takes 5 days to get a permit, explain again why one is 5 weeks and the other more then 12 days again? perhaps with out a partisan spin to it?

I'm not claiming that the Capitol police are "right". I'm not really defending them at all.

I'm just pointing out that the headline of your story isn't true. It's hyperbole.

Most importantly, it's playing into the whole persecution complex that you guys have.

That the DC police have not responded to. It normally takes 5 days to get a permit, explain again why one is 5 weeks and the other more then 12 days again? perhaps with out a partisan spin to it?

I have no fucking idea, I don't work for the Capitol police.

But here you are defending them. That is partisan, you support their refusal to give a legit political party permits for weeks for no other reason then you oppose the party. Or perhaps you can explain why you felt the need to defend the DC Police for some other reason?

Remind us how if this were a Democratic group you would stil support a 5 week refusal to do their job. Not only aren't they doing it they are blatant about it. 5 weeks and no contact. If they were actually working on either request they would contact the organization and explain what it is they need to complete the requests.

I'm not claiming that the Capitol police are "right". I'm not really defending them at all.

I'm just pointing out that the headline of your story isn't true. It's hyperbole.

Most importantly, it's playing into the whole persecution complex that you guys have.

Can't understand why they would think the gov't is out to get them. The IRS wont approve their applications. Their donors get audited suddenly. Their donors get raided by the ATF. Their donors' businesses get audited by the Labor Dept. Reporters find their phones tapped. The reporters' parents find their phones tapped.
Nah, must all be a coincidence. Maybe a misunderstanding.

But here you are defending them.

How exactly am I "defending" the Capitol police?

That is partisan, you support their refusal to give a legit political party permits for weeks for no other reason then you oppose the party.

1. No one has "refused" to give any group a permit.
2. I don't care in the slightest little bit whether or not anyone marches in DC.
3. There is no evidence of any "partisan" reasons for the permit delay.

Or perhaps you can explain why you felt the need to defend the DC Police for some other reason?
I'm still not defending the Capitol police.

I'm sure those tea party groups are stuck in the red-tape nightmare inevitably involved with getting permits from any government agency - and I feel for them. It sucks.

The leap that you guys are making is that it's somehow based on partisan politics, which is where you lose me completely.

Remind us how if this were a Democratic group you would stil support a 5 week refusal to do their job.

Where are you getting the idea that I "support" tea party groups having to wait weeks?

Not only aren't they doing it they are blatant about it. 5 weeks and no contact. If they were actually working on either request they would contact the organization and explain what it is they need to complete the requests.

Have you ever had the pleasure of dealing with a permit office for anything?

It's always a nightmare. They always take weeks, and they never contact you. You have to hassle them over and over. This isn't out of the ordinary.

You guys are so invested in being victimized by the big, mean Democrats.

Can't understand why they would think the gov't is out to get them. The IRS wont approve their applications. Their donors get audited suddenly. Their donors get raided by the ATF. Their donors' businesses get audited by the Labor Dept. Reporters find their phones tapped. The reporters' parents find their phones tapped.

Conspiracy theories are a comfort for people who can't take responsibility for themselves.

2. I don't care in the slightest little bit whether or not anyone marches in DC.

I'm sure those tea party groups are stuck in the red-tape nightmare inevitably involved with getting permits from any government agency - and I feel for them. It sucks.

The leap that you guys are making is that it's somehow based on partisan politics, which is where you lose me completely.

Remind us how if this were a Democratic group you would stil support a 5 week refusal to do their job.

Where are you getting the idea that I "support" tea party groups having to wait weeks?

Not only aren't they doing it they are blatant about it. 5 weeks and no contact. If they were actually working on either request they would contact the organization and explain what it is they need to complete the requests.

It's always a nightmare. They always take weeks, and they never contact you. You have to hassle them over and over. This isn't out of the ordinary.

You chose to be ignorant. So be it.

You chose to be ignorant. So be it.

No. I "chose" to not believe things just because they feel good.

Conspiracy theories are a comfort for people who can't take responsibility for themselves.

Huh? Have you been hitting the Qaaludes again?

Do you guys think that the Capitol police are under Obama's control?

Did anyone claim Obama ordered this? Please be so kind as to quote the post? What I believe is Obama set the stage by spending 5 years demonizing the Republicans and the Tea Party. And organizations are emboldened by his cavalier attitude towards Benghazi, the illegal wire taps on a Reporter and his family, the IRS scandal and all the other scandals Obama is ignoring and the Justice Department is ignoring. He is getting a pass which leads these other organizations into thinking they will too.

Did anyone claim Obama ordered this? Please be so kind as to quote the post? What I believe is Obama set the stage by spending 5 years demonizing the Republicans and the Tea Party. And organizations are emboldened by his cavalier attitude towards Benghazi, the illegal wire taps on a Reporter and his family, the IRS scandal and all the other scandals Obama is ignoring and the Justice Department is ignoring. He is getting a pass which leads these other organizations into thinking they will too.

I'm sorry, I don't understand a word of this.

Do you think the Capitol Police just really want to hassle right wingers, and now they're not afraid to?

The Capitol Police are not part of the Executive Branch. They are part of the legislative branch, headed by the Sergent at Arms of the House and Senate, and the Architect of the Capitol.

You're making the claim that these groups were targeted for partisan reasons. Back it up.

Forum List

Back