Carney: Obama "unaware" of his Justice Dept. monitoring AP phones

Interesting bit I found from 2012 that seems to support, possibly, what I heard -

The Obama administration has aggressively investigated leaks over the past three-and-a-half years and charged six government officials with violating the Espionage act, more than all other previous administrations combined. But the White House hasn't appeared to be as concerned with finding the sources for the Times articles, which portray the administration as being tough on terrorists and the Iranian regime -- a net positive for Obama's reelection efforts, even if not all the Times' reporting is flattering to the administration. (For instance, Sanger reports on how a mistake in the coding of the Stuxnet computer worm revealed an important piece of the secret "Olympic Games" program designed to try and cripple Iran's nuclear operation.)

New York Times Scoops Spur Calls For Investigation, White House Responds

In the first place, the DOJ is currently investigating the White House on the subject of leaks. That means the White House has to have a totally hands off attitude toward Justice to avoid any hint of influencing the investigation.

Secondly, a legal firewall was enacted separating the IRS from White House influence after the last scandal there. No President can influence the IRS now or even direct what it does.

Bawwhahahah like laws stop people that don't care.

Don't be such a pin head.

In the first place, the DOJ is currently investigating the White House on the subject of leaks. That means the White House has to have a totally hands off attitude toward Justice to avoid any hint of influencing the investigation.

Secondly, a legal firewall was enacted separating the IRS from White House influence after the last scandal there. No President can influence the IRS now or even direct what it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard today that this administration has investigated leaks 2 times that of all other administrations combined. It was also stated leaks that made the administration look good, were not investigated. If true, that is outstanding.

it's damn true !! and even the leftwing media is starting to turn on his ass !!

I heard today that this administration has investigated leaks 2 times that of all other administrations combined. It was also stated leaks that made the administration look good, were not investigated. If true, that is outstanding.

it's damn true !! and even the leftwing media is starting to turn on his ass !!

It is true. Six times in 4 years.

True...when it's proven. So far, it is not.

Don't be such an knee-jerk reaction simpleton.

Its difficult to keep up with all of these scandals.

I agree with you ..... but then, like Hillary Rotten Clinton said ..."What difference does it make" .... they are all thugs in this Administration, that's all they are!

It's just too much!:mad:

Unaware...does this guy do ANYTHING? He is the most clueless president ever if you believe the responses to all these stories

I think it might be hard since it seems he is hardly ever in the WH.
He always seems to be out on one road trip or another.

Its a knee reaction??

You clam that because of a law written on paper will stop people that don't care

And I am over reacting??

Guess I didn't emphasize pin head well enough.

Today, Spokesman Jay Carney announced: "Other than press reports, we have no knowledge of any attempt by the Justice Department to seek phone records of the AP."

I watched that press briefing this afternoon. He must've used the word "unfettered" at least a thousand times. And I kept yelling at the TV: "Someone smack him upside the head...his needle's stuck in the groove" whenever he went back on the "The President supports the media" schtick.

Its a knee reaction??

You clam that because of a law written on paper will stop people that don't care

And I am over reacting??

Guess I didn't emphasize pin head well enough.

Yes, you're over reacting until it's proven somebody has. It's like running around yelling "Fire! Fire!" before any flames appear.

ap: obama and carney full of shit on everything :badgrin:

Looks like President Obama has hit the Trifecta: A perfect 3-for-3 record of not knowing what is going on in his own administration.

Today, Spokesman Jay Carney announced: "Other than press reports, we have no knowledge of any attempt by the Justice Department to seek phone records of the AP."

You may recall that, When State Dept. whistleblowers complained that they were being blocked from testifying to Congress about their experience on the gournd in Banghazi, Obama also responded, "I am unaware" of any such blockage, but that he would investigate the matter to find out what was going on.

And when it came to light that the IRS was targeting conservatives with harassing audits and investigations, Obama went to a press conference yesterday and said he was unaware of that, too... but that he wanted a full investigation to find out what was going on.

Is Barack Obama the most unaware, uninformed President since Jimmy Carter tried to "negotiate" with the Iranians holding our Embassy personnel hostage in 1979?

What **has** he been doing in the White House all this time? Golfing, fundraising, and improving his jump shot?

Interesting bit I found from 2012 that seems to support, possibly, what I heard -

The Obama administration has aggressively investigated leaks over the past three-and-a-half years and charged six government officials with violating the Espionage act, more than all other previous administrations combined. But the White House hasn't appeared to be as concerned with finding the sources for the Times articles, which portray the administration as being tough on terrorists and the Iranian regime -- a net positive for Obama's reelection efforts, even if not all the Times' reporting is flattering to the administration. (For instance, Sanger reports on how a mistake in the coding of the Stuxnet computer worm revealed an important piece of the secret "Olympic Games" program designed to try and cripple Iran's nuclear operation.)

New York Times Scoops Spur Calls For Investigation, White House Responds

Iran had already reported the Stuxnet computer worm & the damage it caused to their centrifuges. The only people Obama is trying to keep in the dark are US citizens.

Forum List

Back