Cash strapped NRA discloses spending on foreign fundraising for first time

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The National Rifle Association disclosed spending on foreign fundraising for the first time in the gun rights group’s history as it faced a multimillion-dollar shortfall for a third consecutive year, new tax returns reveal.

Cash-strapped NRA discloses spending on foreign fundraising for first time

Oh imagine that one must be a demonictart pos that got in on this one and set them up for a good fall....... gotta stay on top of these losers........they'll screw you any way they can.

Or it could be that the NRA needs to go back to being a real Non Profit and not a PAC. It appears that almost everything they do is that of a PaC and it's now coming to roost. I once was a member but left when they started spending way too much time in Politics and not enough time teaching Gun Safety and working with the Manufacturers to make a safer product. According to your article, most of their expenses have been to the PaC which means they aren't a Non Profit at all.

Duh. It is well known that they are a front for the Russians to funnel money into the US.

The National Rifle Association disclosed spending on foreign fundraising for the first time in the gun rights group’s history as it faced a multimillion-dollar shortfall for a third consecutive year, new tax returns reveal.

Oh imagine that one must be a demonictart pos that got in on this one and set them up for a good fall....... gotta stay on top of these losers........they'll screw you any way they can.
The business of death and murder has always been pretty lucrative throughout human history. I doubt the NRA will fail, since humans love killing so much, but it would certainly be interesting to see that happen.

Duh. It is well known that they are a front for the Russians to funnel money into the US.

Behave yourself.
Daryl, I hate to mention it, but there was that Russian chick that worked her way up to hanging out with the top levels of NRA leadership, to gain influence on Republican candidates. She even met with Don Jr. She pleaded guilty to espionage charges and spilled the beans on money funneled by Russia to the NRA for PACS supporting republican candidates. Then she went to jail here. Also, read of NRA board members and American NRA donors and guests flown to Moscow in 2016 to supposedly discuss "Gun Rights"?? in Moscow. Really?
You've heard and read all of this Daryl. Not much really gets by you. They may be gung-ho for gun rights, but they have created an image problem hard to get by many American donors. A lot of us cold warriors still think Russia Sucks.

Behave yourself.
Daryl, I hate to mention it, but there was that Russian chick that worked her way up to hanging out with the top levels of NRA leadership, to gain influence on Republican candidates. She even met with Don Jr. She pleaded guilty to espionage charges and spilled the beans on money funneled by Russia to the NRA for PACS supporting republican candidates. Then she went to jail here. Also, read of NRA board members and American NRA donors and guests flown to Moscow in 2016 to supposedly discuss "Gun Rights"?? in Moscow. Really?
You've heard and read all of this Daryl. Not much really gets by you. They may be gung-ho for gun rights, but they have created an image problem hard to get by many American donors. A lot of us cold warriors still think Russia Sucks.

And she got bagged. That was the end of it. You are doing what the party of the rump does. Behave yourself. Be a good example.

How is it some Russian conveniently appears in every controversy?

~S~

~S~

It doesn't help that the party of the Rump is in bed with them and others have followed their leader's example. But in this case, it's old news and doesn't explain the real reason.

The real reason is that they lost a bunch of their high rollers due to them taking everyone to court over every little thing. Support for the common sense (yes, gunnutters, have a 10 year old explain it to you) and their millions of dollars of law suits over them and them losing have finally caught up to them. And many of their own members are questioning their actions at this time. Maybe it's about time for them to go back to the 60s before they sold out lock stock and barrel to the gun lobbyists.

~S~

It doesn't help that the party of the Rump is in bed with them and others have followed their leader's example. But in this case, it's old news and doesn't explain the real reason.

The real reason is that they lost a bunch of their high rollers due to them taking everyone to court over every little thing. Support for the common sense (yes, gunnutters, have a 10 year old explain it to you) and their millions of dollars of law suits over them and them losing have finally caught up to them. And many of their own members are questioning their actions at this time. Maybe it's about time for them to go back to the 60s before they sold out lock stock and barrel to the gun lobbyists.
Coupled with all the bad press on the millions and millions spent on Wagne LaPierre's mansion, and thousands of dollar suits, and vacations in the Caribbean and Europe... all paid for by their donors... well, their donors did not like it and as you said, some are questioning their actions!

Behave yourself.

And she got bagged. That was the end of it. You are doing what the party of the rump does. Behave yourself. Be a good example.
Alexander Torschin (sp), Butima's boss, is still under investigation by the FBI, and the Mueller report never touched on any of the NRA stuff....in the report that was visible to us, so, it could be that we really do not know the final answer to all of that money funneling in to the NRA from Russia yet...? No? I dunno... :dunno:

Behave yourself.

Alexander Torschin (sp), Butima's boss, is still under investigation by the FBI, and the Mueller report never touched on any of the NRA stuff....in the report that was visible to us, so, it could be that we really do not know the final answer to all of that money funneling in to the NRA from Russia yet...? No? I dunno... :dunno:

was Torschin the Russian with an office at Deutsche Bank? Been a long time since I read the Mueller Report.

~S~
2noxte.jpg

Behave yourself.

was Torschin the Russian with an office at Deutsche Bank? Been a long time since I read the Mueller Report.
Gosh, I am uncertain... with all of this information overload that I am suffering from... I could look it up again.... I know I have before! :)

Behave yourself.

Gosh, I am uncertain... with all of this information overload that I am suffering from... I could look it up again.... I know I have before! :)
Same here.

Or it could be that the NRA needs to go back to being a real Non Profit and not a PAC. It appears that almost everything they do is that of a PaC and it's now coming to roost. I once was a member but left when they started spending way too much time in Politics and not enough time teaching Gun Safety and working with the Manufacturers to make a safer product. According to your article, most of their expenses have been to the PaC which means they aren't a Non Profit at all.
The laws concerning nonprofits and their political endeavors were loosely interpreted by the IRS a long time ago plus the 2010 Citizens United ruling opened the door even wider. There's also the number of different nonprofit designations many of which allow for some form of "advocacy" then there's the "loopholes" where many push the envelope so to speak.
Most modern dark money comes from nonprofit PACs that were formed by all sides after the 2010 ruling and most on both sides have lobbied hard against tightening restrictions and lobbied hard to remove all restrictions. The NRA is not one of them that I'm aware of, their nonprofit and PAC are legally two separate entities that work together, legally, they're affiliates under the same umbrella.
As for what you want, what I want an what everyone else wants is why we have partisan politics..........

~S~

Coupled with all the bad press on the millions and millions spent on Wagne LaPierre's mansion, and thousands of dollar suits, and vacations in the Caribbean and Europe... all paid for by their donors... well, their donors did not like it and as you said, some are questioning their actions!
Yup, LaPierre and his crony board needs to go bye bye, new blood is needed as was attempted recently within the NRA but failed.

The NRA is still concerned only with training, coaching, range development, sponsoring matches, etc. They have to be to maintain their tax status.

The NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF are the main politically active arms and are deliberately kept strictly separated. Donations for political activities of any type must be made directly to them to keep them separate from the NRA proper; any money donated to just the NRA can not cross over to the other arms engaged in political activity.

The NRA is still concerned only with training, coaching, range development, sponsoring matches, etc. They have to be to maintain their tax status.

The NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF are the main politically active arms and are deliberately kept strictly separated. Donations for political activities of any type must be made directly to them to keep them separate from the NRA proper; any money donated to just the NRA can not cross over to the other arms engaged in political activity.

Wrong. Half of any 501(c)(3) non profit can invest up to 50% of their funds to political action groups. The NRA campaigned hard to get that changed and they have been running roughshod over it since.

Interesting. Do you have a link to something on that that I could read? Thanks.

Edit: just doing some quick searches and, though I haven’t found the info you mentioned yet, I did find this, not sure if you or others here have seen it.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5300476/NRA-2017-990.pdf

Wrong. Half of any 501(c)(3) non profit can invest up to 50% of their funds to political action groups. The NRA campaigned hard to get that changed and they have been running roughshod over it since.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back