Casio is kicking the shit out of Texas instruments

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I use advanced calculators all the time for work. For 20 years you couldn't get me to touch anything but a Texas instrument product. But that has changed.

Recently Casio has outperformed, outimagined and totally outmaneuvered Texas instruments. The latest line of FX-Cgs Is so outstanding as to be the defining next step in the calculator industry.

I love the FX CG500... Combining it with a decent Samsung processor as a $2 a month rental on my smartphone the damn thing is a match for a room full of computer equipped engineers five years ago.

Jo

Casio is a great company. They still haven't shed their early reputation for cheap crap, but they are a different company now, producing top notch products.

Their line of portable electronic acoustic pianos are used by many keyboardists, choosing them over the very good Roland, Kurzweil, Yamaha, Kawai, and Korg offerings.

Casio is a great company. They still haven't shed their early reputation for cheap crap, but they are a different company now, producing top notch products.

Their line of portable electronic acoustic pianos are used by many keyboardists, choosing them over the very good Roland, Kurzweil, Yamaha, Kawai, and Korg offerings.
I had a person meltdown on me- because I bought a casio keyboard instead of a yamaha. It kicked Yamaha's butt.
it makes me sound like a professional. Just Imagine IF i really knew how to play it? :)
honestly its a bit complicated. all those buttons.

I had a person meltdown on me- because I bought a casio keyboard instead of a yamaha. It kicked Yamaha's butt.
it makes me sound like a professional. Just Imagine IF i really knew how to play it? :)
honestly its a bit complicated. all those buttons.
If you have any questions, just ask.

Casio has some beautiful piano samples, with minimal looping. Very natural-sounding.

The line of calculators they're coming out with in the last 2 to 3 years is mind boggling.

are you into math? i'm not- but i believe you.
The quality separation has become huge in the past couple of years. Combining the most versatile handheld calculator to date with a downloadable version that uses the powerful process or in a cell phone you get spectacular results like this
With just a few taps of the screen! The time-saving element in industry canot be overestimated!

Screenshot_20240729-131516.jpg

Forum List

Back