🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Catholic Church under pressure to approve homosexualism, accept gays

I don't think that the Catholic church position on homosexuality or same sex marriage has changed. And let us not forget that churches suppose to seek sinners, not bar them.

Maybe The Catholic church is starting up their own "ex-gay" programs?

Last night either Jimmy Kimmel or Fallon played all the Cardinals dancing to It's Raining Men. I'm sure it was doctored but I bet a lot of the priests in the Catholic Church are relieved.

Now they need to start letting priests marry OR make women priests because they don't molest.

Not that I'm suggesting gays molest. I'm not. I just think Catholic Priests are all a little "odd" or "off" promising not to ever fuck. Now that is what is not natural. Gay is more natural than that.

Women don't molest???

LOL.

Lawyer Convicted Sex Teacher Has 8216 Significant Psychological Issues 8217 The Other McCain

Siloam Springs Teacher Accused Of Sex With A Student Pleads Not Guilty 5NEWSOnline.com

Police Arrest Teacher Accused of Four-Year Lesbian Affair With Teen Student The Other McCain

While I obviously have no problem with homosexuality (or any sexuality for that matter) where religion is concerned, if your religion's positions can change or evolve with the times that's like saying it was never from God to begin with, but Man, hence it can change and evolve.

or maybe there's a pope who actually asks "WWJD"?

I don't think that the Catholic church position on homosexuality or same sex marriage has changed. And let us not forget that churches suppose to seek sinners, not bar them.

Last time the RCC sought sinners, fire was involved. :)

Last night either Jimmy Kimmel or Fallon played all the Cardinals dancing to It's Raining Men. I'm sure it was doctored but I bet a lot of the priests in the Catholic Church are relieved.

Now they need to start letting priests marry OR make women priests because they don't molest.

Not that I'm suggesting gays molest. I'm not. I just think Catholic Priests are all a little "odd" or "off" promising not to ever fuck. Now that is what is not natural. Gay is more natural than that.

Women don't molest???

LOL.

Lawyer Convicted Sex Teacher Has 8216 Significant Psychological Issues 8217 The Other McCain

Siloam Springs Teacher Accused Of Sex With A Student Pleads Not Guilty 5NEWSOnline.com

Police Arrest Teacher Accused of Four-Year Lesbian Affair With Teen Student The Other McCain

Those teachers are usually hot too!

This Pope is seeking approval from the world instead of teaching the world.

This Pope is seeking approval from the world instead of teaching the world.

I myself don't like religions sugar coating what they believe to try and win over new members. If you believe all non Christians go to hell, admit it. I notice many Christians have tried to explain this away with some theory about how all non Christians will be shown the truth in the final hour and get a last chance.

Well of course I'll take it if I meet St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

And would god really fault me for not believing Christians? They are such vile hypocritical selfish ignorant people. Their churches are corrupt. Why would I believe them or any book they hand me and tell me is gospel?

Isn't that the same thing Muslims do to their citizens in the Middle East? If I were to swallow Christianity, wouldn't that make me just like a Muslim in the Middle East who was brainwashed from birth with Islam? Notice how they believe their story just as much as you believe yours? Interesting.

While I obviously have no problem with homosexuality (or any sexuality for that matter) where religion is concerned, if your religion's positions can change or evolve with the times that's like saying it was never from God to begin with, but Man, hence it can change and evolve.

Oh how I love it! How many people can say in their generation they saw a church do a 180 on a topic such as this? This is fantastic both for gays and atheists.

How are the theists responding to it? Your tent just got a little bit bigger. We'll give you the gays in order to have this proof that your church is man made up! Now all you have to do is edit your bibles again anywhere it says anything negative about gays and you'll be fine. Plus you can always say that it may say it in the bible, but Jesus didn't say it. That's another out they all use because honestly this Jesus guy never said anything wrong. Nothing anyone ever quoted him saying. And that's suggesting the writers of the bible met Jesus and we know honestly none of the people who wrote the bible ever met Jesus. People lived to the age of 29 back then, especially poor jews. The bible was written 60 plus years after. That's someone's grand kid writing what his superstitious grandfather tells him as fact and even first hand account.

My one Catholic friend said he'd leave the Catholic Church if this or Women being Priests ever happened. I wonder what he's going to do?

If people only lived to age 29 back then then why did they believe manhood begins at age 30? That would mean they never could marry, thus never have children.
Lots of people didn't.......

Last time the RCC sought sinners, fire was involved. :)

From death by fire to suicide from psychological abuse, who said the RCC is antiquated? They improve with the times...

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, then how do you know if its a burden or not ?

Women don't molest???

LOL.

Those teachers are usually hot too!

Like most of the rest of society, you are trivializing it because of your opinion that the situation is every 15 year old male's fantasy.

Oh how I love it! How many people can say in their generation they saw a church do a 180 on a topic such as this? This is fantastic both for gays and atheists.

How are the theists responding to it? Your tent just got a little bit bigger. We'll give you the gays in order to have this proof that your church is man made up! Now all you have to do is edit your bibles again anywhere it says anything negative about gays and you'll be fine. Plus you can always say that it may say it in the bible, but Jesus didn't say it. That's another out they all use because honestly this Jesus guy never said anything wrong. Nothing anyone ever quoted him saying. And that's suggesting the writers of the bible met Jesus and we know honestly none of the people who wrote the bible ever met Jesus. People lived to the age of 29 back then, especially poor jews. The bible was written 60 plus years after. That's someone's grand kid writing what his superstitious grandfather tells him as fact and even first hand account.

My one Catholic friend said he'd leave the Catholic Church if this or Women being Priests ever happened. I wonder what he's going to do?

If people only lived to age 29 back then then why did they believe manhood begins at age 30? That would mean they never could marry, thus never have children.
Lots of people didn't.......
The average life-span 2000 years ago in Palestine was close to ours. 80 years. What Was The Average Life-span Of A Jew Living In Palestine At The Time Of The Latter Roman Occupation - Find Answers to this Question

In a dramatic shift in tone, Catholic bishops released a document Monday saying that homosexuals had “gifts and qualities to offer” and asked if Catholicism could accept gays and recognise positive aspects of same-sex couples.

Roman Catholic gay rights groups around the world hailed the paper as a breakthrough, but Church conservatives called it a betrayal of traditional family values.
The document, prepared after a week of discussions at an assembly of 200 bishops on the family, said the Church should challenge itself to find “a fraternal space” for homosexuals without compromising Catholic doctrine on family and matrimony....
Source: Catholic Church under pressure to approve homosexualism accept gays - eReporter
Interesting the direction that the Catholic Church is going.
What is interesting is this will bring out all the homos in the catholic church, fellow homos that you have hated for so long. Hypocrite

Dunno where you're getting 30 from. Then as now, Jews regard adulthood as beginning at 13 for men, 12 for women. Ages at which bar/bat mitzvah occurs. In non-human animals it's called sexual maturity, in us it's puberty. And while we know now puberty's onset can occur much earlier because of higher fat content diets, it's still the typical age it begins.

Sure doesn’t take much to fool you. What Church dogma or doctrine have changed over 2000 years? Although I doubt you even know the difference between doctrine and disciplines.

It’s not a 180 degree turn, maybe 20 degrees. And in the more important way of looking at sex outside of marriage, they have not moved one degree. (See my post #8 above for further explanation.) But what’s the point in trying to school you? You have a mission and nothing is going to deter you.

So you are Greek Orthodox, hey? How about that? Yet you don’t have the slightest understanding of what Scripture is about, and surely not what God is about, IMO. You think men made this all up and tailored it to their own needs or to make round pegs fit in square holes. Don’t try to dance around homosexuality by pretending Jesus had nothing to say (he did) or that because it was Paul or others, those words don’t count. You think no man can control his sexuality unless he gives in as often as he must. You think God’s grace does not assist priests in their celibacy because it’s all up to man and God doesn’t really make a difference in our affairs.

The fact is, 90%+ of priestly abuses were towards adolescent boys, not children and not girls. And most of that took place in the 50s – 70-s when seminaries became soft and somewhat corrupt just like the rest of our culture. But to be sure, satan will always put most of his efforts towards taking down the Catholic Church and its clergy because when the shepherd is struck the sheep scatter. He has no need to tell hedonistic, lustful unchurched Americans anything new, they are already doing fine as far as the evil one is concerned. So do not be surprised the sins of the Church will always be the only ones everyone points out and gets a good laugh over. Satan is also referred to in Scripture as “the accuser of the brethren.” Sound familiar?

So our Church is man made up is it? Of course if you ignore all of the saints and the miracles and the revelations through history you might be able to start your little theory. But to me you look like an angry clown who so so wants to take down an institution he is not part of that he will hand select his evidence and pretend all the other evidence which he cannot explain away does not count or exist. What a fool’s game.

What did Jesus say about homosexuality?
Jesus did not specifically say sex between a man and another man is sinful, but he did not also approve of necrophilia, rape, incest, and bestiality. What was written is in Matthew 15:19 where our Lord says “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.” Fornication can also be understood as any sex outside of marriage. In other passages, all sex outside of marriage is forbidden, and so through all his words and general references, all these other unspecified matters are logically and reasonably understood as sin.

He said “Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill it.” Even though there are many dietary and harsh laws for its time that the Church understood do not apply in all times, there are many that are equally understood to hold their truth. Homosexual unions I doubt the Lord came to abolish its inerrancy.

Matthew 19:3-5 Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?” 4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? It is clear, marriage is for male and female to become one flesh. There is no other other alternatives. Even polygamy is forbidden.

In Matthew 5:29-30 Jesus speaks of gazing upon illicit sexual matters and of masturbation. What else can be so obvious from these verses? “If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be cast into gehenna.”

In Matthew 10:15 Jesus speaks of the evils of Sodom. What was Sodom’s clearly worst sin, it was rampant homosexuality. “Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.”

Finally, in Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus established His Church here on earth making Peter the first head of the Church. He gave THIS church “the keys of the kingdom,” no small matter. He also granted unparalleled authority to rule on matters of faith and morals when He said --- “I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth]shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

Sure doesn’t take much to fool you. What Church dogma or doctrine have changed over 2000 years? Although I doubt you even know the difference between doctrine and disciplines.

It’s not a 180 degree turn, maybe 20 degrees. And in the more important way of looking at sex outside of marriage, they have not moved one degree. (See my post #8 above for further explanation.) But what’s the point in trying to school you? You have a mission and nothing is going to deter you.

So you are Greek Orthodox, hey? How about that? Yet you don’t have the slightest understanding of what Scripture is about, and surely not what God is about, IMO. You think men made this all up and tailored it to their own needs or to make round pegs fit in square holes. Don’t try to dance around homosexuality by pretending Jesus had nothing to say (he did) or that because it was Paul or others, those words don’t count. You think no man can control his sexuality unless he gives in as often as he must. You think God’s grace does not assist priests in their celibacy because it’s all up to man and God doesn’t really make a difference in our affairs.

The fact is, 90%+ of priestly abuses were towards adolescent boys, not children and not girls. And most of that took place in the 50s – 70-s when seminaries became soft and somewhat corrupt just like the rest of our culture. But to be sure, satan will always put most of his efforts towards taking down the Catholic Church and its clergy because when the shepherd is struck the sheep scatter. He has no need to tell hedonistic, lustful unchurched Americans anything new, they are already doing fine as far as the evil one is concerned. So do not be surprised the sins of the Church will always be the only ones everyone points out and gets a good laugh over. Satan is also referred to in Scripture as “the accuser of the brethren.” Sound familiar?

So our Church is man made up is it? Of course if you ignore all of the saints and the miracles and the revelations through history you might be able to start your little theory. But to me you look like an angry clown who so so wants to take down an institution he is not part of that he will hand select his evidence and pretend all the other evidence which he cannot explain away does not count or exist. What a fool’s game.

Jesus did not specifically say sex between a man and another man is sinful, but he did not also approve of necrophilia, rape, incest, and bestiality. What was written is in Matthew 15:19 where our Lord says “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.” Fornication can also be understood as any sex outside of marriage. In other passages, all sex outside of marriage is forbidden, and so through all his words and general references, all these other unspecified matters are logically and reasonably understood as sin.

He said “Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill it.” Even though there are many dietary and harsh laws for its time that the Church understood do not apply in all times, there are many that are equally understood to hold their truth. Homosexual unions I doubt the Lord came to abolish its inerrancy.

Matthew 19:3-5 Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?” 4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? It is clear, marriage is for male and female to become one flesh. There is no other other alternatives. Even polygamy is forbidden.

In Matthew 5:29-30 Jesus speaks of gazing upon illicit sexual matters and of masturbation. What else can be so obvious from these verses? “If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be cast into gehenna.”

In Matthew 10:15 Jesus speaks of the evils of Sodom. What was Sodom’s clearly worst sin, it was rampant homosexuality. “Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.”

Finally, in Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus established His Church here on earth making Peter the first head of the Church. He gave THIS church “the keys of the kingdom,” no small matter. He also granted unparalleled authority to rule on matters of faith and morals when He said --- “I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth]shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

So, he didn't talk about homosexuals.

Not if you look at it with the reasoning of a young child.

You must really think you are onto something.

I also rather doubt God would be real, Jesus would be real, and they would let the apostle Paul speak against homosexuality in the very Book they have chosen to provide the truth to creation if what Paul said was not also the truth.

Not if you look at it with the reasoning of a young child.

You must really think you are onto something.

I also rather doubt God would be real, Jesus would be real, and they would let the apostle Paul speak against homosexuality in the very Book they have chosen to provide the truth to creation if what Paul said was not also the truth.

If Jesus thought it was particularly important, I expect he would have mentioned it. It is easy to read into what he had to say. He thought divorce was important enough to mention, yet I see no churches (with the possible exception of the RCC who only make it easy if you can afford to pay) who have any trouble at all with divorce. No, Jesus did not mention homosexuality and my conclusion is he didn't think it was important enough to mention.

You can believe otherwise, if you so choose.

And so what if he did!.....Christ on a cracker!

What the bible says about anything is a terrible reasn to make it a law, or part of a law, or justifications for any part of a law.

What the bible says about anything is a terrible reasn to make it a law, or part of a law, or justifications for any part of a law.

You'll get no argument from me on that.

Whether it is legal or not is hardly of any consequence. Have your ways in society, but what is that compared to our eternal destinies. That is the real issue.

Whether it is legal or not is hardly of any consequence. Have your ways in society, but what is that compared to our eternal destinies. That is the real issue.

It is of supreme consequence, for how we act in society is a reflection of how we treat others. How we treat others is the only standard by which our eternal destinies are determined.

Forum List

Back