Catholic Church under pressure to approve homosexualism, accept gays

"Voting figures for the final document at the end of the synod show that Pope Francis received a rebuff in his attempt to persuade Church leaders to support his more merciful attitudes towards gay and divorced people. However, more than half still voted in favour of his proposed reforms.
Three crucial paragraphs in the final document all received more than 50% of the vote, although they failed to get the necessary two-thirds majority. "

Of course over half of the old fuddies supported their magnificent leader, however as a two thirds majority is required...like I said NO CHANGE!
And Mr longknife, catholic church haters? Ouch! That must be worse than hatred of homosexuals and divorcees is it?

I wonder how the church is going to SPIN this 180 on gays, after centuries of the church's teachings that homosexuality is a sin?.... The Pope make a proclamation that he's had some sort of DEVINE GUIDENCE?

Into the wine a wee bit too much you think? This was something he would have been better served to have left alone.

I wonder how the church is going to SPIN this 180 on gays, after centuries of the church's teachings that homosexuality is a sin?.... The Pope make a proclamation that he's had some sort of DEVINE GUIDENCE?

This is great to get to see the church change so dramatically in real time.

ONE church Sealybobo. The church that has embraced paganism from its inception.

The absolute hatred of the left for the Catholic church once again raises its ugly head.

Nowhere did Pope Francis or the Synod shut out homosexuals!!!

In fact, they did their best to let them know that they - as well as everybody else - are welcomed into their congregations.

What they did not do was change Canon Law.

If they go to confession, gays like every other baptized Catholic are urged to participate in the Eucharist.

If gays wish to be baptized and have studied the accepted missals, they will be baptized. So will their children.

However, if a gay couple wants a priest to perform a wedding, he may not according to Canon Law which was not changed by the Synod.

The one question left hanging as far as I read was whether those how are divorced and remarried outside the church can take communion.

So in other words, the Church is two-faced at best.

I gotta say, I was baptized at St Agnes in San Francisco as an 8 day old child. St Agnes Catholic Church has always been inclusive of gays. Last time I attended, maybe 5 years ago, they had gay ministers holding the cup of the Eucharist, and such.

You can go to a Catholic picnic and sit at a table and find a myriad of opinions on a wide variety of issues. Some are Obama fans, and others are staunch conservatives. The Church is not, and has never been a monolith of one opinion on any subject.

Are they going to marry same-sex couples? No. That just isn't ever going to be a fruitful marriage, biologically speaking. I'm sorry, but there are limits to biology, and last I checked in college biology class, same-sex couples are unable to produce children. The Church is way huge into natural law, and rightly so.

If you are gay, and you want to get 'married', just have a party and invite your friends and call it a marriage. Bang! You're 'married' in front of a group of your peers. What more do you require?

Why not? The Beast saw fir to change the days, didn't it? http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrB...bible.pdf/RK=0/RS=2I8Eiu32QNmAzLvFjZaSsKvdr7o-

Forum List

Back